XDA Vivo X Fold Thread/ tips and tricks

Search This thread

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Guys this is temporary forum until official will be created.

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Allografter

May 15, 2022
Hello Bro
Good to read your message

Is the wondamobile.com trust website to buy?

I was searching and googling but then came to their link of the CEO/managers, it seems to be a fake thing, that's why I'm asking your opinion, please:

1- it is supposed a phone shopping website in HK but the directors are ladies' fashion designers' job titles!!
2- The CEO is David miller and his photo is a photo of a girl!!
3- Directors' names are not HK names, it is a western names!!
4- Our mission, our story...etc, are all non-logic and no sense articles, I translated and it's all no sense!!

Anyone who can see the link below of wondamobiles CEO and board of directors will notice something weird.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

(https://www.wondamobile.com/claue-about-us)

Hello Bro
Good to read your message

Is the wondamobile.com trust website to buy?

I was searching and googling but then came to their link of the CEO/managers, it seems to be a fake thing, that's why I'm asking your opinion, please:

1- it is supposed a phone shopping website in HK but the directors are ladies' fashion designers' job titles!!
2- The CEO is David miller and his photo is a photo of a girl!!
3- Directors' names are not HK names, it is a western names!!
4- Our mission, our story...etc, are all non-logic and no sense articles, I translated and it's all no sense!!

Anyone who can see the link below of wondamobiles CEO and board of directors will notice something weird.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

(https://www.wondamobile.com/claue-about-us)

View attachment 5651097
Not sure what this is about but I've used them for years with absolutely no issues. They are a trusted business. The only issues I have had have been FedEx!

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Just a quick one, did you get your x fold 3 days after purchase from wonda? My fold 3 literally died yesterday and I need a new phone ASAP. The 2-3 working day processing time and 7-10 delivery time was what stopped me from checking out yesterday. I'm also in the uk.
I feel your issue, but the phone is worth waiting for, just think of a phone that the whole world doesn't have yet, it's a unique unit.

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Nice!

What phone did you have before and have you ever used any of the galaxy fold phones?
I am currently having galaxy fold 2 and I am just wondering if I am going to miss important stuff I got used to use with this phone.

From 0 to 10 scale how much satisfied are you with Vivo X fold?
Me 2, trying to convince myself to upgrade my ZF2 to vivo fold, only afraid of the chinese rom software, afraid to have difficulty moving from Samsung to vivo.

azn2coo

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone on Google fi having issue with receiving and sending mms on any messaging app? I try vivo default messaging, Textra, and Google message. none I can receive or send mms. Regular sms come through no problem.

kiawui

Jan 15, 2008
Hello Guys. Any one having issues with synced contacts from Google? I recive a message or call its does not show name only number even if it is saved with name.
Check to make sure that contacts in phone is set to display your Google contacts if it still doesn't work try deleting your Google account and add again under settings > account sync.

Me 2, trying to convince myself to upgrade my ZF2 to vivo fold, only afraid of the chinese rom software, afraid to have difficulty moving from Samsung to vivo.
I transferred to a Vivo X Fold from a Huawei phone doesn't have much issue except for WhatsApp because Huawei doesn't have the function of backup to Google. Apart from the fact that it has some Chinese apps that you may not use but after installing Playstore it works just like any other phone.

Top Liked Posts

Just a quick one, did you get your x fold 3 days after purchase from wonda? My fold 3 literally died yesterday and I need a new phone ASAP. The 2-3 working day processing time and 7-10 delivery time was what stopped me from checking out yesterday. I'm also in the uk.
    Yes, I made the order on 27th and it was here on the 30th but have in mind that there is going to be some holiday there and things will take a while. There was a warning on Wonda's web site...
    Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it. I took the plunge and bought the blue 512gb just now! Do they ship by DHL or Fedex? And there's no customs to pay right?

Thanks again!
    Hi

They use FedEx,
    Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it. I took the plunge and bought the blue 512gb just now! Do they ship by DHL or Fedex? And there's no customs to pay right?

Thanks again!

Hi, they use FedEx, all duty tax are paid upon checkout, no extra payment on delivery.

This is as they stated on their website clearly.

I recommend everyone to use PayPal in case they are not comfortable buying from a new sellers, you will have 180days buyer protection.

Also as soon you receive the phone, try to register it with vivo.com immediately by S/N or IMEI, so you know it's original and authentic vivo brand, not just a first class copy phone.

You can check the S/N immediately front of FedEx guy, if it's not original, then don't accept the shipment, and ask them to return it to HK.

Thanks again!
    FedEx. No customs.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Folks, any solution to enable google location history without rooting? I saw a post here, about using a magisk module. But magisk requires root.

Thanks all
    just received my yesterday. anyone noticable can cobfirm that this device is preinstall screen protector in front and inside screen? just wanna make sure thanks
    Yes it has preinstalled screen protectors already on the inside and outside. Dont peel those off.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Guys this is temporary forum until official will be created.

images.jpeg
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.
    give me full list

adb shell pm list packages -a

(I'm not owner of x fold, but can take a look in problem with notifications)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\vivo>adb shell
    PD2178:/ $ pm list packages | grep 'vivo'
    pm list packages | grep 'vivo'
    package:com.vivo.weather.provider
    package:com.vivo.carlauncher
    package:com.vivo.smartmultiwindow
    package:com.vivo.fuelsummary
    package:com.vivo.setupwizard
    package:com.vivo.easyshare
    package:com.vivo.vivo3rdalgoservice
    package:com.vivo.abe
    package:com.vivo.epm
    package:com.vivo.pem
    package:com.vivo.sos
    package:com.vivo.sps
    package:com.vivo.tam
    package:com.vivo.vms
    package:com.vivo.desktopstickers
    package:com.vivo.safecenter
    package:com.vivo.appfilter
    package:com.vivo.nightpearl
    package:com.vivo.remoteassistant
    package:com.vivo.widgetweather
    package:com.vivo.hiboard
    package:com.vivo.floatingball
    package:com.vivo.compass
    package:com.vivo.musicwidgetmix
    package:com.vivo.fingerprintengineer
    package:com.vivo.numbermark
    package:com.vivo.smartanswer
    package:com.vivo.vivokaraoke
    package:com.vivo.gamecube
    package:com.vivo.third.numbermark
    package:com.vivo.phonehandoff
    package:com.vivo.pushservice
    package:com.baidu.input_vivo
    package:com.vivo.smartLife
    package:com.vivo.smartshot
    package:com.vivo.smartunlock
    package:com.vivo.secime.service
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.behaviorcity
    package:com.vivo.upnpserver
    package:com.vivo.vhomeguide
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.butterfly
    package:com.vivo.timerwidget
    package:com.vivo.simpleiconthemeres
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.behavior
    package:com.vivo.fileobserver
    package:com.vivo.quickpay
    package:com.vlife.vivo.wallpaper
    package:com.vivo.aiengine
    package:com.vivo.daemonService
    package:com.vivo.voicewakeup
    package:com.vivo.globalanimation
    package:com.vivo.card
    package:com.vivo.cota
    package:com.vivo.vdfs
    package:com.vivo.connbase
    package:com.vivo.SmartKey
    package:com.vivo.engineercamera
    package:com.vivo.fuzzylocationmanager
    package:com.vivo.faceui
    package:com.vivo.videoeditor
    package:com.vivo.permissionmanager
    package:com.vivo.hybrid
    package:com.vivo.moodcube
    package:com.vivo.faceunlock
    package:com.vivo.networkstate
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.fold
    package:com.vivo.widget.calendar
    package:com.vivo.magazine
    package:com.vivo.devicereg
    package:com.vivo.familycare.local
    package:com.vivo.doubletimezoneclock
    package:com.vivo.vibrator4d
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.bluebutterfly
    package:com.vivo.vtouch
    package:com.vivo.wallet
    package:com.vivo.sim.contacts
    package:com.vivo.xspace
    package:com.vivo.globalsearch
    package:com.vivo.cipherchain
    package:com.vivo.sdkplugin
    package:com.vivo.singularity
    package:com.vivo.ai.ime.nex
    package:com.vivo.pcsuite
    package:com.vivo.findphone
    package:com.vivo.networkimprove
    package:com.vivo.accessibility
    package:com.vivo.audiofx
    package:com.vivo.widget.cleanspeed
    package:com.android.vivo.tws.vivotws
    package:com.vivo.dream.weather
    package:com.vivo.video.floating
    package:com.vivo.multinlp
    package:com.vivo.deformer
    package:com.vivo.puresearch
    package:com.vivo.devicepower
    package:com.vivo.translator
    package:com.vivo.dream.clock
    package:com.vivo.wifiengineermode
    package:com.vivo.dream.music
    package:com.vivo.upslide
    package:com.vivo.gallery
    package:com.vivo.car.networking
    package:com.vivo.agent
    package:com.vivo.gametrain
    package:com.vivo.gamewatch
    package:com.vivo.share
    package:com.vivo.space
    package:com.vivo.fingerprint
    package:com.vivo.aiservice
    package:com.vivo.widget.timemanager
    package:com.vivo.minscreen
    package:com.vivo.favorite
    package:com.vivo.contentcatcher
    package:android.overlay.vivoresrro
    package:com.vivo.dr
    package:com.vivo.doubleinstance
    package:com.vivo.fingerprintui
    package:com.vivo.systemblur.server
    package:com.vivo.countdownwidget
    package:com.vivo.tam.tamserver
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.ocean
    package:com.vivo.browser
    package:com.vivo.motionrecognition
    package:com.yozo.vivo.office
    package:com.vivo.assistant
    package:com.vivo.healthwidget
    package:com.vivo.widget.gallery
    package:com.vivo.livewallpaper.behaviormountain

Would appreciate a redacted list of bloatware from above, which is safe to remove. I already tried to remove some, which I was sure about - some work, some don't:

PD2178:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.vivo.abe
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.vivo.abe
    Failure [DELETE_FAILED_USER_RESTRICTED]

1|PD2178:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.vivo.livewallpaper.ocean
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.vivo.livewallpaper.ocean
    Success
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?