If no one is responding, then no one else is having the issue. Did you try using interactive governor?Has anyone else had their g2 intermittently glitch audio for a fraction of a second, several times when first playing music?
I've had this issue for almost a year between two phones running 3.1.2 and the issue is driving me nuts with how there's seemingly no one else with this issue, or even a similar general issue for Android.
Please someone respond.
Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Labs
This fixed my issue! Thanks!If no one is responding, then no one else is having the issue. Did you try using interactive governor?
I'm currently on 2.3.0 and would like to go back to stock. Currently stuck wondering why when I boot into "download mode" none of my 4 computers can see the phone to load the drivers? I read the first page and it appears some users need to flash a zip to re-enable download mode but it seems that's only for bumped/loki'ed people. Anyone run into this?
Nope. You're still on kitkat? Which bootstack are you using? I recommend using Xdabbeb's 27a or 28a bootstack from here if you're still on kitkat: http://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...s980-resources-bootstacks-unofficial-t3050777
These bootstacks all have download mode included in them
If you feel like updating to lollipop, flash his 39a bootstack and then flash a lollipop rom or if you want to return to stock, follow the instructions for this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-g2/development/vs98039a-stock-fw-t3051560
Tried flashing the 27a bootstack. Got a secure booting error Dammit.
Can you still boot into recovery?
Edit: I misread the 2nd post, you need the 26a bootstack so try flashing that
Download link works for meThe download link appears to be broken. Can someone upload their copy to google drive
It's on post 2 of this threadHow do I get a KitKat version of this ROM (I think v2.3.0?)
It's on post 2 of this thread
It's been a long while but if memory serves me correctly, the vs982.5 was more of a g3 port while 2.3 was stock g2 with some mods. Battery life should be similar but the ui of the vs982.5 should be like the g3 stock ui. Best advice I can give you is to try both and make your pick. They're both solid choicesThank you for that although now the question arises. Do you know how VS980 v2.3 differs from VS982.5 v1.2? They are both for the G2 and carry over the G3 look. It appears that VS982.5 was last updated in February 2016 and VS980 2.3 in June 2015 but I don't know definitively and how they differ in UX/UI/battery life. Maybe @xdabbeb could shed some light?
It's been a long while but if memory serves me correctly, the vs982.5 was more of a g3 port while 2.3 was stock g2 with some mods. Battery life should be similar but the ui of the vs982.5 should be like the g3 stock ui. Best advice I can give you is to try both and make your pick. They're both solid choices
- Basically, everything from my VS982.5 fw, including:
- Xdabbeb Kernel 4.0.0 w/f2fs support
- App ops/Access lock
- QuickButton (select "None" to enable TorchToggle app on/off from Vol+ Longpress)
- Extended Power Menu
- G4 Power Menu w/reboot to recovery (longpress restart)
- Dual window/Split view
- Mini view
- Call record
- Call reject
- Increased volume steps
- Knock Code
- My TorchToggle app
- XCam LG
- Adv camera driver
- AOSP browser
- All lockscreen weather animations
- Extra lockscreen effects
- Extra sounds
- Extra fonts (including proper/full Roboto)
- Extra wallpapers (from G3)
- Screen capture area select
- Removed Verizon app check service
- Removed many useless apps, services, etc
- Proper LG boot animations
- LG's hidden menu
- Remove mobile data type icon while Wi-Fi is active
- Remove am/pm from statusbar clock
- More little things I can't remember
- Peform a full nandroid backup.
- If you already have the full 39A bootstack and are running TWRP 220.127.116.11 or higher, you may skip the next step.
- Flash the 39A bootstack found in the VS980 Resources thread in this forum and reboot back into recovery (there's a menu item in TWRP to do this).
- Wipe data/cache within twrp. You should leave internal storage alone. If you fail perform this step and have any issues while running the firmware, start this whole install process again and follow this step before posting.
- Flash the latest firmware version below after verifying the md5.
- Kernel/Firmware options:
- This is a trimmed down kernel built for speed/stability/efficiency. I'm not interested in a bloated kernel with every governor/module/cherry pick du jour and never will be. I prefer using my phone, not obsessing over countless "tweaks".
- Turn on CAF touchboost by creating /sdcard/touchboost file and rebooting. If the file is empty, boost freq is 1036800 Hz. If you want a different one, just put the value inside the text file (no spaces). Valid options are (422400, 652800, 729600, 883200, 960000, 1036800, 1190400, 1267200, 1497600, 1574400, 1728000, 1958400, 2265600). If you don't know what touchboost is, search.
- Switch to Interactive governor by creating /sdcard/interactive file and rebooting.
- Enable Bricked kernel-space hotplug (thanks to @show-p1984) by creating /sdcard/mpdec file and rebooting.
- Enable SEAndroid permissive mode by creating /sdcard/permissive file and rebooting.
- Toggle between G2/G4 Power Menu by creating /sdcard/powermenu file and rebooting.
- Toggle MultiUser by creating /sdcard/multiuser file and rebooting TWICE
- If you wish to restore data using Titanium Backup or some other app, you are welcome to do so, but if you encounter problems, you must follow these steps again WITHOUT restoring data before posting.
- Fix rotation on/off when using new Power Menu
- Change mixed sun/cloud weather to show sun on LS
- Updated Play Services that seems to be a little better behaved
- Fix intermittent VVM connectivity
- Fix Calendar weather display
- MultiUser enabled by default now. Read above for how to toggle it on/off
- Removed some more unnecessary system and Verizon services
- Toggle G2/G4 PowerMenu - VIDEO HERE. Read above for how. Reboot to recovery via longpress on "Power off and restart"
- Added G4 Weather that isn't encrypted and so shouldn't need to be removed for those using XPosed
- Removed QuickWindow as a result of above and conclusive poll
- Initial LP Release - KK release/details in 2nd post
NOTE: AFH provides md5 checksums of all downloads on their site. Please verify them before installing.
XDABBEB's VS980 3.1.2
20 dip Navbar
24 dip Navbar
30 dip Navbar
36 dip Navbar
42 dip Navbar
My Patch - This is a zip I flash on my phone after the main install. It sets the default system dpi to 424, installs the 30dpi navbar and changes the status and navigation bars (centered clock, LP icons, battery percentage to right if on).
- Brut.all & iBotPeaches - apktool
- JesusFreke - smali/baksmali
- Team Codefire - bump
- Team Win - TWRP