• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

XenForo 2.2 Upgrade! Post Bugs, Issues and Comments Here

Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)

Annoying Feature/Bug​

Request: Remove Suggested links when using Insert Link

When using Insert link, you get a list of links you have used before.
You can just click on one of the suggestions, to reveal the Insert button, but if it's a long URL, you cannot see the whole link.

@osm0sis
That's just Chrome, isn't it?

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
Didn't find anything about this in the thread so here's a request: can we possibly have anchor BBcode tags? Something along this lines:

Code:
[A HREF="#jump2here"]Click on this to scroll down[/A]

[A NAME="jump2here"] [/A]

Also, is there any editor help? I reckon both would greatly help documentation threads...

Reactions: osm0sis

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Didn't find anything about this in the thread so here's a request: can we possibly have anchor BBcode tags? Something along this lines:

Code:
[A HREF="#jump2here"]Click on this to scroll down[/A]

[A NAME="jump2here"] [/A]

Also, is there any editor help? I reckon both would greatly help documentation threads...

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
This comes under comments. I have been noticing when quickly scanning through post, if I wish to "like" something, I have to stop myself from accidentally pressing the "REPORT" button, as its physically placed right under the reported likes, while the actual like button is physically removed from the history of likes.

Capture.PNG

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
This comes under comments. I have been noticing when quickly scanning through post, if I wish to "like" something, I have to stop myself from accidentally pressing the "REPORT" button, as its physically placed right under the reported likes, while the actual like button is physically removed from the history of likes.

View attachment 5295673
Good find.
I just want to add the information that the like button is more prominent (centered in the middle) in portrait mode (in mobile browser). And report button is in three-dots (other options) menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-085738_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-085738_Samsung Internet.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: IamTheBRAVE

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
When using theme 'Community App Dark', the 'OP' icon goes missing :(

Allow me to illustrate:

What "community" made that theme anyway? Can't find a thread about it.
Using this (awesome) theme too and can confirm that for the app and for mobile browser, in this case Firefox Beta.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
@svetius @bitpushr @MikeChannon @the_scotsman @Audentio

Can you please add .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.xz, .txz, etc. to the accepted attachment extension list? I'm trying to upload AIK-Linux v3.8 here and this is a bit of an annoying last minute snag. :p

Please also look into allowing uploading simple shell scripts again. These used to be allowed at least when renamed to .sh.txt but currently they still get detected and blocked.

This is a developers and power users forum, you would think these things would already be allowed! :)

Last edited:

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972

Can you please add .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.xz, .txz, etc. to the accepted attachment extension list? I'm trying to upload AIK-Linux v3.8 here and this is a bit of an annoying last minute snag. :p

Please also look into allowing uploading simple shell scripts again. These used to be allowed at least when renamed to .sh.txt but currently they still get detected and blocked.

This is a developers and power users forum, you would think these things would already be allowed! :)
(y)I have added those extenstions.

Mike

Top Liked Posts

Sorry, see the post #468
    Sorry but the way you included your screenshot maybe is readable from browser or on the PC, but not from XDA app

Attached is the screenshot from my XDA app, how your spoiler/screenshot looks like when enlarged
    I'm really sorry for that, and I wasn't aware as I'm not using the app at all. But in this case, I'd call it then a bug of the app.
    Referring back to the discussion sbout attaching screenshots

Sorry but the way you included your screenshot maybe is readable from browser or on the PC, but not from XDA app

Attached is the screenshot from my XDA app, how your spoiler/screenshot looks like when enlarged
    On PC the image is blurred in the post, looks fine when you click the image to see the full resolution.
    I became concerned when I saw no sign of new posts since Monday, 2 August, and decided to post here.
    Yes same here. For me it was from saturday afternoon to monday morning. No articles and no alerts. But on sunday night decided to check watching tab and there were a couple of threads showing new posts. The forum tab was showing new threads correctly.
    As far as I see you can only set alert notifications for reactions in a conversation but not for mentions:
    But maybe I'm missing something.
    Thanks, I meant to add that too.
    You are right, there is no "click to hide" when a quote has been expanded. Only way is to refresh the page to re-hide the quote (not handy I admit).

You make good points about bad habits.

@MikeChannon or @the_scotsman , is there a way to configure this on XF? I mean to enable the possibility to un-expand a long quote that has been expanded using the "click to expand" button?

We have a fix for this that allows you "click to expand" then "click to collapse" that will be live within the next day or two.
    I have reported this before and excuse me for doing it again.
    I don't use the app. I want to get emails only when quoted or mentioned. This is imperative for a commutation on sites such as this one.
    It has been requested again and very recently by us Mods to the xda owners, they said building a XenForo add-on would be needed since it's not a feature present natively on XenForo, they will look into it.
    Do you think it is possible for me to get an e-mail when I am quoted in this thread, without getting an e-mail when I am quoted in any other thread?
    Hi J.Michael,

I think the answer to your question is no (see the flowchart here below at the end of my post). I assume you should receive emails for quotes and mention even if you decided to not receive emails for a particular thread.
    The new options for quotes and mentions in your account preferences:

Email options in account preference.jpg

...are not linked with the option of email settings per thread:
    Email option per thread.jpg

Here are my observations so far in a flowchart. It's not an official algo, it's been done by me from my understandings, so please don't take this as necesarily correct. If you see issues in here, please tell me:

Algo.jpg

What I have rounded in orange-dotted is something that was triggering emails at the time of vBulletin and that bothers me. I will see if I send a request about this to svetius. but I guess we should.
    Hell yeah Flo! I freaking loved labs! Fast, easy, battery friendly, and usually worked just fine! 👍👍😁
    Great, "Retired XDA Labs Contributor" added to my signature coz' you know 50 char limit for user title... :D
    BTW everyone misses XDA Labs but it was full of issues, remember the wall of issues? And lots of people complained about annoying bugs or limitations at that time :D
    It was a great app though and I was soooo proud of being an active and official contributor there!
    Is a quote of the OP now considered OK?

I have always reported when people quote the OP, but recently got rejected as it was not explicitly violating the rules.
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe I left my name is the rejection notification. If we weren't limited in them I could have explained more in detail but I rejected your report for the reasons provided by @woodman above.
    During vB times (and despite not violating any rule) I tended to place such a quote in hide-tags but this is no longer necessary on XF.
    On 3/11/2021 at around 10am New York time, XDA will be upgrading our forum software to XenForo 2.2 which brings a bunch of new improvements, like a new thread preview tool, a Device Inventory tool to show off which phones you use, a most-thanked widget in every thread to easily spot the most important posts, plus a host of other new feature you can read about here. Not every feature of 2.2 will be available/active on XDA from day one, but we'll roll more things out soon as we settle in. :cool:

Please use this thread to post about bugs, issues, or overall comments. If reporting a bug or issue, be sure to tell us about your configuration (device, browser, OS) and the steps to reproduce the issue. Screenshots help!

In addition, later today we'll be updating the XDA app to work with 2.2. :cowboy:
    Known Bugs/Regressions:
    1. Advanced forum user max title length is too short, truncating them (e.g. "Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut"). Fixed 06/18 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...d-comments-here.4245677/page-16#post-85203961
    2. Long forum names are truncated (e.g. "Android Software and Hacking General [Developers O").
    3. Thanks/Likes counts are reduced for most users, sometimes dramatically, seemingly from Aug 29 - Dec 2; possibly related to posts reverting to older versions.
    4. Various old forum emojis aren't mapped to new unicode ones, and ones in old posts that do exist (e.g. :cowboy:) don't display.
    5. Broken redirects from old links for many threads/posts.
    6. Disabling Alert in Preferences forces Mobile App Push enabled, one should be able to disable both.
    7. "Unfurl"ed URL links to posts sometimes show a preview of the OP instead of the correct post (e.g. [URL unfurl="true"]https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/welcome-to-xda-2021.4197018/post-84073623[/URL]
      ==
      )
    8. Missing colored/underlined user names to denote advanced forum users (e.g. Moderators/Admins and Recognized Contributors/Themers/Developers).
    9. Posts containing only quotes and no new text shouldn't be allowed.
    10. Ability to subscribe to an entire forum is missing for some forums.
    11. XDA Wiki pages are missing.
    12. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] functionality is broken and pics lost.
    13. Shell scripts are detected and rejected as attachments, even if renamed as .txt files.
    14. Search "this category" option never shows any results when used.
    15. Recognized Developers can't moderate their own threads anymore.
    16. Missing/broken legacy devices in Device Inventory (e.g. Galaxy Nexus is listed when you search but fails when you attempt to add it).
    17. Missing setting to receive emails for mentions and/or quotes.
    18. Reaction Score doesn't match between profile and "All" under Reactions Received.
    19. DevDB secondary thread contributors have completely lost access to updating these threads.

See previous lists in the "Welcome To XDA 2021!" thread for items resolved up-to-and-including the XenForo 2.2 upgrade: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/welcome-to-xda-2021.4197018

New XDA App Bugs and Requests

New: How to Use New Questions and Answers Threads - (16 March 2021)
    Upvote or downvote replies, making the best answers listed at the top of the replies​

Xenforo 2.2 New Features

Device Inventory https://forum.xda-developers.com/account/xda-devices
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 115006.png

Can't wait!
    👆

Truncated special titles appear to be getting fixed today! 🙌
    Yay, not that I want to send me flowers but I send flowers to myself still 😜, there were 66 accounts to manually edit and then inform members about this change. Yea there were not other solutions than doing it manually.... 😭

I'm happy to have contributed to this and make disappear the truncated tiles. We have 50 char maximum allowed for it so it was not easy to find a good and consistent compromise for everyone and every case.

BTW, no one forced me, I was fine to volunteer for this task.

(y)I have added those extenstions.

Mike