XenForo 2.2 Upgrade! Post Bugs, Issues and Comments Here

Search This thread

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Great now I have 2 hats.
    Oh dear, they've misplaced yours though! Here, let me correct that for you...
    1620205359879.png

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
  • Mar 14, 2012
    Halifax
    GT-i9250
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Weirdly "Reacted To: Level 3" shows up in thread post featured achievements when selected, but "Reacted To: Level 4" does not. Hopefully that's just some more beta hiccups. 🤔

Also still waiting for the Recognized Developer achievement to be added for me, but maybe it just hasn't gone live for anyone yet? 👍

"Reacted To: Level 5" for 10000+ Likes/Thanks would be cool, also a "10+ devices owner" achievement badge would be fun. And I'm going to want a "10 year" achievement badge added for my xda anniversary next year too. 😙😉

Last edited:

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
  • Apr 26, 2013
    Bonn, Germany
    Moto G 2014
    Moto G5 Plus
    Weirdly "Reacted To: Level 3" shows up in featured achievements, but "Reacted To: Level 4" does not. 🤔

Also still waiting for the Recognized Developer achievement to be added for me, but maybe it just hasn't gone live for anyone yet? 👍

I'm going to want a "10 year" achievement badge added for my xda anniversary next year too. 😙😉
    I agree, 5 years is not enough. I'm here since 2013 so I will have to wait a bit for my 10th anniversary but 8 years is a long time too.😁
    And for me it would be enough to be a green RC again, no need for an extra achievement, just colour it!

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
    Sydney
    OnePlus 3T
    OnePlus 8T
    Weirdly "Reacted To: Level 3" shows up in thread post featured achievements, but "Reacted To: Level 4" does not. Hopefully that's just some more beta hiccups. 🤔

"Reacted To: Level 5" for 10000+ Likes/Thanks would be cool, also a "10+ devices owner" achievement badge would be fun. And I'm going to want a "10 year" achievement badge added for my xda anniversary next year too. 😙😉
    Don't hold your breath on the 10 yr achievement. I've been on XDA since 2010 and I only have the 5yr badge.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
  • Apr 26, 2013
    Bonn, Germany
    Moto G 2014
    Moto G5 Plus
    Don't hold your breath on the 10 yr achievement. I've been on XDA since 2010 and I only have the 5yr badge.
    Like we all. I think there are a lot of achievements missing. But it's WIP, so maybe these missing ones will join in sooner or later. It's kind of funny to receive a badge for 20 posts when you have more than 4000 in reality.

woodman

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
    Staff member
  • Jul 21, 2012
    France
    OnePlus 7T
    I think no one earned it yet, same applies to the moderator achievement, we Mods don't have it yet as well. Still WIP is the reason IMO. We need to wait.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
    Feb 12, 2013
    I got an alert saying I was quoted, but I don't see myself quoted. The post does not seem to have been edited. Why was I alerted?

cc: @IronTechmonkey

View attachment 5304547

Ahhh... I had started a post then abandoned it, then hours later when responding to a different post that text was included, but then I immediately edited the post deleted that part.

LOL So at least we know the notification system is working quickly. Sorry about the false alarm. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      For me, my 1 Year Member achievement shows up, but my 2, 3, 4, and 5 Year Member ones do not. This has been a consistent issue for me for at least a month. In the meantime, I see other members (even throughout this thread) proudly displaying their 5 Year Member achievement badge.
      "osm0sis": Maybe this issue with displaying achievements in posts should be added to the bug list.
      It is the same for me and many user ATM. Still work in progress. So please be patient.

"osm0sis": Maybe this issue with displaying achievements in posts should be added to the bug list.
      Yes, we should have a dedicated list or forum for achievement system bugs and feature requests (e.g. like for the new xda app)!
      I hope that it will be created as soon as the xenforo admins and devs are "finished" with this work in progress.

Yes, obviously. I've played with any combination of ticking and unticking to no avail. I forgot to say that explicitly.
      I also tried nearly everything, but does not work for me either. Was just a kind of "worth a try" (as @the_scotsman tried to explain already in his post above).
      In the past, some strange actions in special sequence could solve a few issues. Just to name one: "Achievement Hunter" blocking some users (like me) from using different features (posting, searching, giving and receiving reactions, etc.) of the xda forum!

... Posts #3,201 and #3,202 exactly mirror my issue. Just because you have the 5 Year badge showing up doesn't mean the rest of us can.
      Yes, some users can select/show thosse achievements, and others not. I assume that this "weird" behavior is the cause that those issues could not be solved yet.

My summary:
      Achievement system is still work in progress and a kind of "Beta" version.
      As I think that is might have a positive effect on many user's activity in xda forums, it is worth to be fixed. But we have to wait for it to be done.
      Any possibility of adding back the ability for the devdb feature of having contributors to a thread? There were several devdb threads where I was the main one updating the OP and now I can't since devdb is gone
      For me, my 1 Year Member achievement shows up, but my 2, 3, 4, and 5 Year Member ones do not. This has been a consistent issue for me for at least a month. In the meantime, I see other members (even throughout this thread) proudly displaying their 5 Year Member achievement badge. @osm0sis Maybe this issue with displaying achievements in posts should be added to the bug list.
      I assume you selected the 5 year one in options? Maybe try unticking all of them, then go back and choose the 5 year one?
      Absolutely not. Posts #3,201 and #3,202 exactly mirror my issue. Just because you have the 5 Year badge showing up doesn't mean the rest of us can.
      I wasn't saying that, I was just suggesting/asking things, given your post had little info...no need to be like that.
      I'm sorry, if that has been mentioned before, but why does the information in the device inventory of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro say "Manufacturer: Unknown"?
      I think that falls under #16 in the bug list.
      14 Missing/broken legacy devices in Device Inventory (e.g. Galaxy Nexus is listed when you search but fails when you attempt to add it).
      There were a few bugs with the Device Inventory, I guess just report them as you find them.
      I've listed a few of them here.

Edit: #16
      On 3/11/2021 at around 10am New York time, XDA will be upgrading our forum software to XenForo 2.2 which brings a bunch of new improvements, like a new thread preview tool, a Device Inventory tool to show off which phones you use, a most-thanked widget in every thread to easily spot the most important posts, plus a host of other new feature you can read about here. Not every feature of 2.2 will be available/active on XDA from day one, but we'll roll more things out soon as we settle in. :cool:

Please use this thread to post about bugs, issues, or overall comments. If reporting a bug or issue, be sure to tell us about your configuration (device, browser, OS) and the steps to reproduce the issue. Screenshots help!

In addition, later today we'll be updating the XDA app to work with 2.2. :cowboy:
      Known Bugs/Regressions:
      1. Advanced forum user max title length is too short, truncating them (e.g. "Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut").
      2. Long forum names are truncated (e.g. "Android Software and Hacking General [Developers O").
      3. Thanks/Likes counts are reduced for most users, sometimes dramatically, seemingly from Aug 29 - Dec 2; possibly related to posts reverting to older versions.
      4. Various old forum emojis aren't mapped to new unicode ones, and ones in old posts that do exist (e.g. :cowboy:) don't display.
      5. Broken redirects from old links for many threads/posts.
      6. Disabling Alert in Preferences forces Mobile App Push enabled, one should be able to disable both.
      7. "Unfurl"ed URL links to posts sometimes show a preview of the OP instead of the correct post (e.g. [URL unfurl="true"]https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/welcome-to-xda-2021.4197018/post-84073623[/URL]
        ==
        )
      8. Colored/underlined user names to denote advanced forum users (e.g. Moderators/Admins and Recognized Contributors/Themers/Developers).
      9. Posts containing only quotes and no new text should be disallowed again.
      10. Ability to subscribe to an entire forum is missing for some forums.
      11. XDA Wiki pages are missing.
      12. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] functionality is broken and pics lost.
      13. Shell scripts are detected and rejected as attachments, even if renamed as .txt files.
      14. Search "this category" option never shows any results when used.
      15. Recognized Developers can't moderate their own threads anymore.
      16. Missing/broken legacy devices in Device Inventory (e.g. Galaxy Nexus is listed when you search but fails when you attempt to add it).
      17. Missing setting to receive emails for mentions and/or quotes.
      18. Reaction Score doesn't match between profile and "All" under Reactions Received.
      19. DevDB secondary thread contributors have completely lost access to updating these threads.

See previous lists in the "Welcome To XDA 2021!" thread for items resolved up-to-and-including the XenForo 2.2 upgrade: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/welcome-to-xda-2021.4197018

New XDA App Bugs and Requests

New: How to Use New Questions and Answers Threads - (16 March 2021)
      Upvote or downvote replies, making the best answers listed at the top of the replies​

Xenforo 2.2 New Features

Device Inventory https://forum.xda-developers.com/account/xda-devices
      Screenshot 2021-03-11 115006.png

Can't wait!
      @svetius @bitpushr @MikeChannon @the_scotsman @Audentio

Can you please add .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.xz, .txz, etc. to the accepted attachment extension list? I'm trying to upload AIK-Linux v3.8 here and this is a bit of an annoying last minute snag. :p

Please also look into allowing uploading simple shell scripts again. These used to be allowed at least when renamed to .sh.txt but currently they still get detected and blocked.

This is a developers and power users forum, you would think these things would already be allowed! :)
      (y)I have added those extenstions.

Mike
      @svetius @bitpushr @MikeChannon @the_scotsman @Audentio

Can you please add .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.xz, .txz, etc. to the accepted attachment extension list? I'm trying to upload AIK-Linux v3.8 here and this is a bit of an annoying last minute snag. :p

Please also look into allowing uploading simple shell scripts again. These used to be allowed at least when renamed to .sh.txt but currently they still get detected and blocked.

This is a developers and power users forum, you would think these things would already be allowed! :)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone