• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

XFinity TV app

Search This thread

ajs75

Mar 1, 2011
I renamed com.xfinity.tv-1.zip to .apk, stripped the extended quarantine attribute that OS X adds for good measure (xattr -d com.apple.quarantine) and still get:

file 'com.xfinity.tv-1.apk' does not contain AndroidManifest.xml

when trying adp install com.xfinity.tv-1.apk

Looking inside the archive, AndroidManifest.xml is clearly there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-A

spellnight

Feb 18, 2010
The Xfinity TV app (as opposed to Xfinity Mobile) was released today, and is on the market. However, as any device running gingerbread is unsupported, it's likely to be unfindable/uninstallable for a good portion of us. Unless you have the .apk, that is.

This came from the G Tablet Themes/Apps forum here at XDA, but it probably deserves posting here as well. It installs for me (CM7RC1), but since I'm not at home I can't yet get past the part where you have to turn your cable box on.

I can confirm that this does install and work(GRH78C) and that I'm able to control and record on my OG Droid. Thank you!

trscons

Dec 5, 2010
nr Philadelphia
Geez, at least Comcast recognizes all of your ZIP codes. I've been waiting for years for DVR remote on any OS/platform. "Not available... coming soon." :-(

JoshHuman

Jun 9, 2010
Boston
Seems to be working on my Evo... Haven't signed in to check if it changes channels but will tonight when I get home.

pcondosta

Dec 24, 2008
Branford
Installed no problem on my evo running CM7 RC1.

When I try to run it, brings up a quick splash screen then quits out with no error message. :(

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
I was able to download it through the Market, and it works fine on my Droid X. After signing in with my Comcast email, it popped a message up on my 3 compatible boxes so that I could assign friendly aliases to them in the app.

I haven't seen a delay much longer than 1 second between picking the channel and having the box change. It's actually faster than the iPad app.

JoshHuman

Jun 9, 2010
Boston
Installed no problem on my evo running CM7 RC1.

When I try to run it, brings up a quick splash screen then quits out with no error message. :(

It does that to me as well, evo with cm7 nightly 11 and I found that eventually it will load. Although, using another program and then trying to use xfinity is causing xfinity to work more often.

jetmdt

Aug 22, 2010
New xfinity tv apk?

I'm running GSB 1.9 and this app is not available for me in market. I have the old app and noticed that there is an update. Anybody have the new APK for this update?

Thanks
Jeff

definitelyjoe

Nov 12, 2010
H-Town
Uhhh.

I have installed on hero cdma. Does not run. Error msg says my device does not have enough memory. I have 21Mb and market says requires 16. No bueno per kaka.

mekaneck

Jun 13, 2010
This app isn't compatible with 2.3, so those of you running CM7 (like me) are SOL. I can install and sign in, but when it goes to load the listings it disappears (not even a FC). I'm on an Evo btw.

BookCase

Aug 3, 2009
Philadelphia
getapmobile.com
Android XFINITY TV

Comcast has officially released its XFINITY TV app for Android which allows users to browse current television listings and watch on-demand content. With XFINITY TV app, users able to watch favorite On Demand shows and movies right on Android devices for on-the-go entertainment. Xfinity TV app for Android comes with features such as ability to remote control cable boxes, record TV shows, schedule DVR recordings, search the VOD library, change channels, tune directly to on-demand programs in the catalog, and tuning to VOD on the TV.

Features of XFINITY TV app for Android:

• Browse TV listings customized in your area.
  • Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles.
  • Search TV listings and On Demand for any show or movie.
  • Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and much more.
  • Control your TV and DVR.
  • Conveniently change channels right from the app.
  • Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV.
  • Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies.
xf.jpg

XFINITY TV app for Android is completely free and available in the Android Market, but does require a Comcast subscription to use. Users need compatible set-top box or DVR from Comcast that can accept commands from the app. Once installed XFINITY TV app on device and connected to Comcast account, users can control cable box or DVR in anywhere through the device.

Download XFINITY TV app for Android from Android Market.
Download XFINITY TV APK from filesonic

XFINITY

SOURCE
XFINITY TV app for Android is compatible with Android 2.0 or later.

Last edited:

crazie.eddie

Mar 7, 2007
Thanks for the download. It's working well with GB on my EVO. Anyone have the latest version (1.0.2.002)? The version above is 1.0.0.004, the latest version as of today is 1.0.2.002.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. My pal ripped the apk out of his Epic 4G. It installed and runs good on my Hero, but I'm getting an error on the GTab. I'm rebooting now.