Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Meaning support for the app to actually appear whin the Leanback Launcher (with an icon/banner image) within Android-TV.
Otherwise, you cannot launch the app direclty from the launcher and have to navigate to Settings -> Apps -> Show System Apps section within ATV just to launch the application.
Okay. That was fixed with a separate addon a while back, but good to see it included.

Edit: So, not my upload, but for those on Android TVs that want to use versions w/o leanback support, Stream_ICON Shortcut For Android TV.apk is still here: https://mega.nz/folder/ENIUSLQC#Kzl1Jx1dG8k5IJ28yA358w/folder/hdRUSLwC

Also, thinking about a mod to work around the wifi limitation made me realize it could be a bad idea. It seems to work by checking your current connection and comparing it to your Xfinity Wifi/Internet account.
While we might be able to fool the app, if you don't actually HAVE an Xfinity internet account, they may notice you streaming channels you shouldn't be able to access.
I suppose if you do have Xfinity internet, then that wouldn't be an issue accessing it from a different location.

Last edited:

fruzll

Jun 23, 2021
Also latest version mod for Shaw BlueCurve TV w/Leanback (AndroidTV) support:
Hi there, sorry to bother you. I'm curious if you know how to or would be willing to mod the newer rogers Ignite TV apk? Someone on this forum mod the older version earlier this year but no longer is doing it. The last version modded was 6.4.1.00.1. This HDMI Mod no longer works though. I'm unable to attempt modding the newer version of the apk myself. I dont have the software on my mac and I'm not very wise to coding. The latest version (6.7.0.00.4) of the rogers ignite tv apk was released on May 7th I believe.

I would be very grateful for any help on this.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Hi there, sorry to bother you. I'm curious if you know how to or would be willing to mod the newer rogers Ignite TV apk? Someone on this forum mod the older version earlier this year but no longer is doing it. The last version modded was 6.4.1.00.1. This HDMI Mod no longer works though. I'm unable to attempt modding the newer version of the apk myself. I dont have the software on my mac and I'm not very wise to coding. The latest version (6.7.0.00.4) of the rogers ignite tv apk was released on May 7th I believe.

I would be very grateful for any help on this.
I didn't realize that the Ignite app is LITERALLY the same as Xfinity Stream, even to the point of having folders called 'Xfinity' in the app.
The code itself is identical to what FusilliJerry provided us with, so here is a mod based on his screenshot. I can't actually test it, so let me know how it works out for you.
Ignite TV_v6.7.0.004_HDMI_MOD at MEGA

Last edited:

fruzll

Jun 23, 2021
I didn't realize that the Ignite app is LITERALLY the same as Xfinity Stream, even to the point of having folders called 'Xfinity' in the app.
The code itself is identical to what FusilliJerry provided us with, so here is a mod based on his screenshot. I can't actually tested it, so let me know how it works out for you.
Wow, that was quick! I just installed and working perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this!! I really appreciate it.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Wow, that was quick! I just installed and working perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this!! I really appreciate it.
Th
The code itself is identical to what FusilliJerry provided us with, so here is a mod based on his screenshot. I can't actually test it, so let me know how it works out for you.
You guys are cranking them out with ease these days. Great work and much appreciated. 👍🏽

Reactions: gate1975mlm

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Has anyone modded the cox contour app? I can not get it to work on my tivo or nvidia shield ever since the latest update came out a couple of weeks ago
Yet another version of the app retooled for a different cable provider. Of course, that would be why the original modder did Cox, Shaw and Ignite along with the Xfinity's stream app.

The code itself is (again) identical to what FusilliJerry provided us with, so here is a mod based on his screenshot. I (again) can't actually test it, so let me know how it works out for you.
Cox Contour_v6.9.0.007_HDMI_MOD at MEGA

and again: Ignite TV_v6.7.0.004_HDMI_MOD at MEGA

JasenWalker

Jan 30, 2021
Yet another version of the app retooled for a different cable provider. Of course, that would be why the original modder did Cox, Shaw and Ignite along with the Xfinity's stream app.

The code itself is (again) identical to what FusilliJerry provided us with, so here is a mod based on his screenshot. I (again) can't actually test it, so let me know how it works out for you.
Cox Contour_v6.9.0.007_HDMI_MOD at MEGA

and again: Ignite TV_v6.7.0.004_HDMI_MOD at MEGA
I just tried using Cox Contour_v6.9.0.007_HDMI_MOD at MEGA on a TivoStream 4K and it installed and logged in perfectly, but then died at a whitescreen with a https://login.cox.com in the upper left corner. But when I closed out and ran the app again it worked just fine. I will keep an eye on it.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Cox Contour_v6.9.0.007_HDMI_MOD at MEGA on a TivoStream 4K still freezes for a few seconds occassionally, but it seems better than previous versions. Has been working (not perfect due to skips) since install 2+ days ago.

Have not installed on a FireStick yet, but its on my short list to do
Hmm. Not sure what I might have done wrong. Honestly, could be anything. I've had the Xfinity app work funny on one device, but not another. You could try uninstalling completely and reinstalling (or at least clearing the cache).
Maybe someone else can take a swing at it.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Hmm. Not sure what I might have done wrong. Honestly, could be anything. I've had the Xfinity app work funny on one device, but not another. You could try uninstalling completely and reinstalling (or at least clearing the cache).
Maybe someone else can take a swing at it.
I have the same issue on one....i have 2 shield tv pros. The "older one" (no tab on back of remote to unlock and slide the battery cover) never "pauses", the "newer one" (with tab to release battery cover) pauses randomly and regularly only with the Xfinity app (every version).... i feel like they gimped the newer one in some way...both running same firmware/software.

I hope to get to the bottom of this at some point. Also some channels seem more prone to the freezing than others...not sure if that's placebo though

I have the same issue on one....i have 2 shield tv pros. The "older one" (no tab on back of remote to unlock and slide the battery cover) never "pauses", the "newer one" (with tab to release battery cover) pauses randomly and regularly only with the Xfinity app (every version).... i feel like they gimped the newer one in some way...both running same firmware/software.

I hope to get to the bottom of this at some point. Also some channels seem more prone to the freezing than others...not sure if that's placebo though
Could you try switching the remotes to test that theory? Might be worth a try.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
I had the Xfinity app crash 3 times in the last 24 hours on my Android TV. The most recent version is kind of crap. Of course I still could have messed up the Contour app as well.

Top Liked Posts