• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
If mods stop, I might have to try this too, but I use the modded version on my phone to screen mirror. This is normally restricted and a separate block from Android TV uses. Or at least it used to be - in that HDMI blocking and mirroring were separate things the app checked for and blocked.
I understand now sounds good :)

Does this version add the icon to the home screen or do we still need the icon installer or does that even work with the Firestick version?

Thanks for the info :)
I have attached the new icon.apk. This will only work for the Fire TV version linked above.

Attachments

• Stream_ATV Shortcut.apk
    108.6 KB · Views: 77

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Is that version on APKMirror even official?

It says Fire and Android TV, yet Google Play doesn't carry it.

Btw, anyone have a list of changes in the new update to Stream?

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Thanks. I had some free time tonight and was getting ready to do this too. You saved me the effort.

Edit: I use this on an Sony Android TV, which technically doesn't need the mod, but can't work with the official release either.
I'm getting 'Playback Issue :: 22111, We're sorry, but we're unable to play this video right now. Please try a different channel or program., Error 2''
Could be temporary, but it's what I'm seeing right after installing.
Edit 2: Ah. Tried turning it off then on again. (Reboot worked fine.)

Last edited:
Reactions: gate1975mlm

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
I wanted to combine everything into a single post to make it easier for others to find instead of having to search through this whole thread. As of right now, there are two different APKs for Xfinity Stream. One made exclusively for the FireTV and one made for Android that requires a slight modification to be able to work on Android/Google TV (Nvidia Shield, MiBox, Walmart ONN, etc.) due to it being designated to run on phones and tablets. I have made this modification thanks to the many previous posts documenting the procedure and the APK is linked below. When either of these APKs are sideloaded onto an Android/Google TV they also require and additional APK installed to get the icon (shortcut) to show up. One advantage of the FireTV APK, is that it does not require a web browser to be installed to provision the device to your Xfinity account. One disadvantage of the FireTV APK, is that it doesn't appear to be updated as frequently as the pure Android version.

Xfinity Stream 6.9.5.001 - PURE ANDROID MODDED VERSION
ICON (Shortcut) Xfinity Stream - PURE ANDROID MODDED VERSION

Xfinity Stream 6.9.2.001 - FireTV VERSION
ICON (Shortcut) Xfinity Stream - FireTV VERSION

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Is the FireTV version the one from Amazon? They have that flagged as Beta and comments say it has been beta a long time with many bugs.

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
Yes it is. The current version linked was released on September 11, 2021. I have been using this version since release date on my Nvidia Shield with zero issues.

newer1

Mar 16, 2009
@ytsejam1138

Thanks for the all helps. I need help to get "favorite channel" to work with fire tv version because there is no star there . Thanks. again

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
@ytsejam1138

Thanks for the all helps. I need help to get "favorite channel" to work with fire tv version because there is no star there . Thanks. again
Yea, I think it's always been like that, even on the Roku. You can add favorite shows, but not channels. However, if you add a favorite channel on your cable settop box or through xfinity.com/stream they will show up in the app.

Last edited:

Mike_Disturbed_1992

Sep 20, 2014
Hi! I downloaded the Pure Android mod, im getting audio but for some reason no picture. Any fixes for this? Running on MiBox. Also, thank you for doing this for us all :) much appreciated!

Top Liked Posts