• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

justafordguy

Oct 31, 2021
I have the Fire TV version installed and it will work but there is no working menu. It only shows the "For You" screen. Anyone else using it and have a working menu?

JasenWalker

Jan 30, 2021
Hmm. Not sure what I might have done wrong. Honestly, could be anything. I've had the Xfinity app work funny on one device, but not another. You could try uninstalling completely and reinstalling (or at least clearing the cache).
Maybe someone else can take a swing at it.
Any chance I could sweet talk you into doing a Cox Contour of the latest version for me to test out? Your other other one worked pretty well, other than the known issue of intermittant skips.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Any chance I could sweet talk you into doing a Cox Contour of the latest version for me to test out? Your other other one worked pretty well, other than the known issue of intermittant skips.
APKMirror only has v6.9.0.007 from July as the most recent. If there's a newer version, I have nothing to mod yet.

Reactions: Ramestin

laziokid

Nov 28, 2021
Does anyone have an updated version for Ignite TV with the HDMI mod? I am trying to install it on my Chromecast but the latest one (which is old now) is crashing every time I click "Get Started".

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
May 7, 2021 v6.7.0.004 is the most recent according to Google Play. Until Rogers Communications updates it, I'm afraid that's all there is.

laziokid

Nov 28, 2021
May 7, 2021 v6.7.0.004 is the most recent according to Google Play. Until Rogers Communications updates it, I'm afraid that's all there is.
Thank you, CuF.
The MEGA download (https://mega.nz/folder/ENIUSLQC#Kzl1Jx1dG8k5IJ28yA358w) only has v6.7.0.001 which seems to be crashing after logging in. I found v6.7.0.004 on Google but not sure if it has the HDMI mod. I tried both v6.7.0.004 and v6.4.1.001 and both crash as soon as I hit "Get Started" :( I am wondering if it's my Chromecast or not.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
It's the same unfortunately :( I launch the Ignite app on my Google Chromecast TV, I go to "Get Started" and the app immediately crashes. I may need to order a box from Rogers at this point.
Do you have a browser installed like Puffin? The stream apps require a log in and may crash if it can't find the browser.

Top Liked Posts