Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

Saab2000

Dec 16, 2021
HI.. I just have quick question regarding android/firestick xfinity app usability. I have Roku and pressing right D pad brings mini guide. Samsung TV also have option for mini guide. Am I missing something or android TV version just doesn't have that option. If I have to go to favorite or all channels... you just have to go back to menu again. I just kept my Roku for xfinity app since it has mini guide options while you are watching Tv.

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
HI.. I just have quick question regarding android/firestick xfinity app usability. I have Roku and pressing right D pad brings mini guide. Samsung TV also have option for mini guide. Am I missing something or android TV version just doesn't have that option. If I have to go to favorite or all channels... you just have to go back to menu again. I just kept my Roku for xfinity app since it has mini guide options while you are watching Tv.
Correct, the Android version is missing the mini guide that is on the Roku.

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
Would anyone be interested in a BETA version of the Xfinity Stream app? MODDED of course. I joined the BETA through the Play Store and the latest version is 6.12.0.007.

Reactions: gate1975mlm

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Reactions: gk1984

th3magpi3

Mar 26, 2015

Here's a guide I wrote from th3 Chromecast with with google tv and the remote. Follow exactly including the usb hub with power delivery. I'd upgrade to the ugreen usb hub with a power delivery passthrough and a 256 high speed micro-sd card to load about 50 games. Homebrow.

th3magpi3

Mar 26, 2015
Hey yall i just got a google chromecast google tv does someone have shaw bluecurve that will work with it?

Cosmos58

Jan 22, 2022
It's the Android TV version from the Play Store versus the other Xfinity Stream version from the Amazon Appstore that is made for the Fire TV version of Android TV. It's explained in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/xfinity-tv-mod-android-box-hdmi-output.3535881/post-85720129
Just logged in here to say thanks for making these available. I had been struggling quite a bit with my shield pro till we found your post. The icon and the app works great. THANKS

Reactions: ytsejam1138

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
Anyone have success with mibox or android tv outside of home? I tried the latest version and also latest beta posted. I can activate it and can browse the guide but no live channels, tv go channels and on demand works. I get error message. Tried location permission on and off - no luck. Fire tv stick 4k works fine outside home network. Maybe try fire tv apk posted in this thread?

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
Would anyone be interested in a BETA version of the Xfinity Stream app? MODDED of course. I joined the BETA through the Play Store and the latest version is 6.12.0.007.
Hi ytsejam1138,

I saw Xfinity Stream 6.13.0.008 Beta was released a few weeks ago. Any chance you can make a new Mod for us?

Top Liked Posts