Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
Ok, I've tried updating my Shield to FireTV version 6.14.0.004 and the modded 6.19.1.001 version. Neither one will let me stream DVR recordings from outside of the home where the Xfinity TV box is located.
However, my Firestick which is on 6.17.0.006 (don't know how I got that version) will let me stream DVR recordings from outside of the home where the Xfinity TV box is located.

Does anyone know why this is?
No idea why that version is working outside your home without a VPN.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
No idea why that version is working outside your home without a VPN.
I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be able to watch recordings outside of the house. This description implies I should be able to do this:

Also, I can watch the recordings on my windows 10 computer from outside the house.

bettycharmer

Jul 25, 2021
Note these are same version as above except Leanback Launcher (AndroidTV support) is built-in to the single APK.

Shaw BlueCurve TV v6.15.0.005 with HDMI fix and Leanback (AndroidTV) support added:

Xfinity Stream v6.19.2.001 BETA with HDMI fix and Leanback (AndroidTV) support added:

Texas Trophy

Aug 16, 2022
Is there any particular reason why none of the versions since 6.9.4.xxx work on mibox3? They all produce the Playback Issue: 2111. 6.9.4 is still working but who knows for how much longer.

Last edited:

timmyhorton

Aug 16, 2013
I can't get on demand movies and tv series to work on Beta 6.19.2.001. I have a A95X Max box. It would play the initial ad and freeze or in a rare occasion the audio will play on. I suspect this is not a new issue, it possibly started a few versions back.

ytsejam1138

Jul 27, 2013
Thank you for this!
I was wondering if there’s a way to have these apps (specifically the Ignite TV for me) to open to a certain channel upon opening the app from home screen?
I did some research and found maybe using App Intents to launch a certain channel could work however I’m not well versed in coding. TIA!
That's also beyond my coding skills as well.

Rumsfield

The HDMI output is excellent but I think we need to concentrate on the casting/streaming from outside the registered home wifi IP address. Is there a way to block/spoof the app into thinking its streaming from inside the house when it is at another location? I've never been able to use the app when on vacation if something like a sports game is going live...it just makes me wait until the recording is finished before I can watch it, which in my opinion is BS. They claim its a copyright issue which I believe to be a lie. If I take my streaming device over to a friends I should be able to watch live TV as I pay for comcast/xfinity. Comcast thinks otherwise.

The HDMI output is excellent but I think we need to concentrate on the casting/streaming from outside the registered home wifi IP address. Is there a way to block/spoof the app into thinking its streaming from inside the house when it is at another location? I've never been able to use the app when on vacation if something like a sports game is going live...it just makes me wait until the recording is finished before I can watch it, which in my opinion is BS. They claim its a copyright issue which I believe to be a lie. If I take my streaming device over to a friends I should be able to watch live TV as I pay for comcast/xfinity. Comcast thinks otherwise.

Just set up wireguard or OpenVPN in your home. Then you can connect and Xfinity thinks you're at home since you're on your home network...

Cheers,
B.D.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

tazzz013

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for your work on this app. My problem is when I try to sign in, I get an error saying "you dont have an app that can do this" Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts