Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

Bammerjammer

Nov 17, 2022
Uninstall Xfinity Stream. Make sure you have a browser installed like Chrome. Make sure you have a mouse installed or use the Shield app and remote. Install Xfinity Stream 7.0.0.007 and the associated APK shortcut. This should get you up and running.
Alrighty. Uninstalled Xfinity Stream, installed side-loaded Chrome, Used the Shield App as a mouse, installed the XS 7.0.0.007, and installed the XS Icon, have to use the new ICON not the other one and we are up and running!!! The key with this is to use the ICON apk after the XS install or you will have issues as it did! On a side note, my HBO max app stopped allowing me to use buttons to select anything within the app. After uninstalling the app and sideloading it was still having the same issues. Reloaded and used the Shield App as a mouse, instead of Shield joystick/controller, and now I am able to use the HBO MAX app again. I don't know what the hell happened in the last couple of weeks but they apparently have done some work to cut out the Shield from stuff! Thanks, ytsejam.

Reactions: ytsejam1138

Sparky600V

Nov 11, 2022
I have the latest Ignite version working fine on a Chromecast with Google TV, the only issue is when I connect a bluetooth headset the video stream just starts and stops over and over. I have tried this on my Nvidia Shield and bluetooth works fine. Also bluetooth works fine on the Chromecast in every other app. Any ideas?

TheKHo

Nov 19, 2022
Chromecast with Google TV. Installation worked on first try.

Installed Puffin browser from Play Store. Sideload'ed the latest app mod and icon with Send To TV. Installed app with FX, launched, authenticated via Puffin. Installed icon with FX.

Created an account here to say thanks.

Bigmak1337

Nov 21, 2022
ytsejam1138 I created an account just so I could tell you thank you. As was the case with others, my Xfinity Stream stopped working on my 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro and was struggling to find a fix until I stumbled on your post. Thank you.

Grrrummble

Nov 6, 2020
Is there a fix for not being able to scroll up on an Nvidia Shield when in the "For You" section? Also, once you have scrolled down, you can't get back to the top search icon without selecting to the left menu and coming back into the main menu.

XB56

Dec 5, 2022
Hi all, brand new here. I tried to sideload Xfinity Stream (the v7 above), successfully installed it on a Sony XBR using ADB, but when I run the app, I get the sign in screen, which when clicked gives the message "You don't have an app that can do this". I manually enabled local storage permissions to no effect. Is there something else I need to do?

Hi all, brand new here. I tried to sideload Xfinity Stream (the v7 above), successfully installed it on a Sony XBR using ADB, but when I run the app, I get the sign in screen, which when clicked gives the message "You don't have an app that can do this". I manually enabled local storage permissions to no effect. Is there something else I need to do?
You need a browser to sign in. Download or sideload a browser.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
B.D.

XB56

Dec 5, 2022
Thanks!

I downloaded Odin and now it attempts to launch the URL but I get a 404 error. Should I be using the FireTV version instead?

Last edited:
Thanks! So do I need to separately launch the browser alongside Stream, or does the Stream app know to launch it?
It should know what to launch. I have tried multiple browsers (to try to launch Xfinity on my watch) and Stream seems to know to automatically open each browser (but I still could not get it working on my watch... Pity... But it does work on my Nvidia stream devices).

Cheers,
B.D.

Top Liked Posts