Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

what9612

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you so much to whoever modded this app. Been trying to get this for a long time. I am having one issue tho. I'm mirroring from my Android phone and everything is perfect except for I'm getting no video. Sound and video control buttons are there but no actual video. Any ideas?

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Thank you so much to whoever modded this app. Been trying to get this for a long time. I am having one issue tho. I'm mirroring from my Android phone and everything is perfect except for I'm getting no video. Sound and video control buttons are there but no actual video. Any ideas?
Why would you need this app if you're mirroring from your phone? The Playstore app does that. This is for hdmi bypass.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
I had the Xfinity app crash 3 times in the last 24 hours on my Android TV. The most recent version is kind of crap. Of course I still could have messed up the Contour app as well.
Try rolling back to a working update. You can ignore minor Playstore updates. I've been using various versions of this mod for about 4 years and I've learned to experiment with different versions for different boxes. I also download the newest modded apk's but don't install until I'm forced to by a major Xfinity update and can't use the old one.

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
My theory is more in the thoughts that the Shield unit itself is what's different.....maybe different (lesser) components like ram or internal storage etc.....that's my "fear"
I will be doing some testing of different things soon, and will update
Try rolling back to a working update. You can ignore minor Playstore updates. I've been using various versions of this mod for about 4 years and I've learned to experiment with different versions for different boxes. I also download the newest modded apk's but don't install until I'm forced to by a major Xfinity update and can't use the old one.

Edit: Posted twice because multi-quote isn't working me.

what9612

Oct 2, 2012
Why would you need this app if you're mirroring from your phone? The Playstore app does that. This is for hdmi bypass.
So I'm trying to use this app to stream live tv from my phone to my tv when im camping. I dont have wifi but do have phone service. The standard app knew I was screen mirrioring and had an error message. The modded app removed that, but when I mirror I'm not getting any picture, just sound. Also noticed when I use my espn app same thing happens.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Recently they (official app), allowed sharing the screen to a chromecast device/tv...so instead of mirroring try streaming it through a chromecast connection. I don't believe the screen mirroring connection works with the modded or unmodded app.

As far as connection to chromecast device might need to set up a hotspot on a separate device, then connect main phone (with Xfinity app) and chromecast device to the hotspot (so they're on the same network).
The above may work from your main phone (setup hotspot, connect chromecast and stream Xfinity) without the need for another phone to make hotspot network but i haven't tested it.

Last edited:

aoyamajpn

Sep 11, 2015
Confirming I get the same "update required" error as of 8/21/2021 on the Shield with the lastest modded app posted here. Would greatly appreciate any solution. Thanks!

elkinm

Mar 29, 2013
Thank you. the modified version works great. I also use it with screen mirroring and it works where the stock app blocks it. I could not get the official stock app to cast like it should do. I had to completely uninstall the official app and any older version before installing the mod version, but once I did, it works great. Thanks again.

Reactions: gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
Thank you. the modified version works great. I also use it with screen mirroring and it works where the stock app blocks it. I could not get the official stock app to cast like it should do. I had to completely uninstall the official app and any older version before installing the mod version, but once I did, it works great. Thanks again.
Your welcome guys and also a big thanks to ytsejam1138 and the rest of the guys here that are making these updated Mods for us!!! :)

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
Here is the latest version MODDED: Xfinity Stream 6.9.2

Hi ytsejam1138,
Can you or anyone else make us a new updated Mod?

Xfinity Stream 6.9.4.001 is out.

Big Thanks :)

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
Can anyone else update the mod to Xfinity Stream 6.9.4.001 for those that do not want to use the Firestick version?

Thanks

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
It was just released for the Fire TV/Android TV. That's why there is only that update. It works great on the Shield. It requires no modding and also doesn't require a web browser to be installed to do the initial sign in.
I understand now sounds good . :)

Does this version add the icon to the home screen or do we still need the icon installer or does that even work with the Firestick version?

Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I'm just going to start using the Fire TV version. No mods needed. Xfinity Stream
If mods stop, I might have to try this too, but I use the modded version on my phone to screen mirror. This is normally restricted and a separate block from Android TV uses. Or at least it used to be - in that HDMI blocking and mirroring were separate things the app checked for and blocked.

Top Liked Posts