Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Fair enough. Thanks again!
Not sure if you tried it....but navigating and selecting channel after things load up might help....my 1st android tv experience was with a old MiBox....and it would crash often .....slowing down navigation through the app seemed to help.....i eventually moved on to the shield tv pro.

***app supports back to android 5....so it's probably more of a processing power issue than version compatibility

Last edited:

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Hey there, so it seems like i have successfully modded the version you posted. It's working on my end...can anyone else give it a test.

Attachments

• Xfinity Stream 7.1.0.025_Louforgiveno.apk
    52.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
No I just made sure the current version was not running.

I never have needed to completely uninstall the older version and icon addon in order to install the newer one.
Weird...I've always had too...(main reason i didn't always install the updates, due to having to sign back in again....kinda a pain, have to whip out my mouse.....whole process takes maybe 2 min....but i hate it lol!)
Weird....not sure why that would be....I'd guess at least this time around the signatures aren't matching maybe due to use of different recompile/recompile software.....not sure though.

****edit....just realized using the Shield TV app on my phone i can use the trackpad (mouse) remote instead of digging out my BT mouse i use with my shield (rarely) making signing back into the app not so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: gate1975mlm

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I used ApkTool M on my note 10+
I decompiled the apk and did the switch from 0x1 to 0x0 at line 138 (after many other attempts and reverting those non-working changes and testing till it worked)

And recompiled the "project" using the aapt2 option.

Btw I'm basically clueless at this....I've done such mods in the past from guides...never tried blind to this extent

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
I used ApkTool M on my note 10+
I decompiled the apk and did the switch from 0x1 to 0x0 at line 138 (after many other attempts and reverting those non-working changes and testing till it worked)

And recompiled the "project" using the aapt2 option.

Btw I'm basically clueless at this....I've done such mods in the past from guides...never tried blind to this extent
Good News :)

I uninstalled the old app and also icon like you said to do and I was able to install your modded one just fine.

Seems to be working good so far.

Big Thanks :)

Reactions: louforgiveno

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Not sure how recently it was added, but the "windowed video" is working....just haven't figured out how to get back into the "windowed video" to maximize it...probably requires touch/mouse interaction

***edit...looks like the way back to maximized video is to select the channel from the list again or a different channel. It's picture in picture mode so works minimized on home screen etc

Last edited:

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Good News :)

I uninstalled the old app and also icon like you said to do and I was able to install your modded one just fine.

Seems to be working good so far.

Big Thanks :)
Thank you for confirming it !!
Glad to add to the thread, this thread and the dev thread with the user getting root for the shield with Ui Upscaling are my favorites....the user knowledge sharing takes me back to the better days of xda

gate1975mlm

Jun 2, 2016
Thank you for confirming it !!
Glad to add to the thread, this thread and the dev thread with the user getting root for the shield with Ui Upscaling are my favorites....the user knowledge sharing takes me back to the better days of xda
So you did a fantastic job :)

It has been running perfect for several hours.

So I guess you will explain how you fixed it to ytsejam1138 so he can continue to update it in the future?

Thanks again to you and of course ytsejam1138 for these important updates!!!

You guys rock!!! :)

Reactions: louforgiveno

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
So you did a fantastic job :)

It has been running perfect for several hours.

So I guess you will explain how you fixed to ytsejam1138 so he can continue to update it in the future?

Thanks again to you and of course ytsejam1138 for these important updates!!!

You guys rock!!! :)
Thanks again....and yes a few posts up (#1754) i detailed the software and edit point/change....however I'm available to clarify if any questions arise 👍😎

Reactions: gate1975mlm

Top Liked Posts