xGody T1006 tablet can´t connect to Google Play Store anymore

Search This thread

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello dear community,

in July 2019 I bought a tablet from xGody, model type T1006. Until mid / end 2020 it ran as it supposed to. Then I recognized that I can´t log into my Google Play Account anymore. It always states, that there is a connective problem or the device doesn´t work with google data services. The connection can´t be the problem, because I use this device via wifi.

Second thing, that I notices was, that I can use google or bing via browser, but can´t visit certain web sites (for example amazon). Because I can´t connect to Google Play Store I tried to download the apps directly from the web sites (for example virus program), also that is impossible.

I contected xGody, but they can´t help either. They said, that I should do an "hard reset" (?) and follow their instructions. But these instructions do not line up with my device, because the menu is in Chinese. With "half help" of Youtube i did a "hard reset" by choosing e MMC mode (?). The customer service also said, that they do not have service up dates for my device "anymore", because it is too old (it is literally 2 years old).

In total I reset my tablet 5 times and nothing has changed.

Does anybody have an idea what I can do about these issues?

Thank you so much for your answers and sorry for my bad English (it´s not my native language).

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello jwoegerbauer,

thank you for the weblink. My Wi-Fi connection is strong. That is not the problem. Via browser I can visit some sites and I can log into my Google account via "Google Home Page". I can´t connect my Google account to my device. So I can´t download apps. Some websites I can visit, but can´t download apps there either. The "download bar" just keeps rotating or the conection brakes down.

I try to be more specific:

When I try to download apps directly from websites, this shows up: net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

When I try to enter certain websites, this shows up: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
have you tried connecting to different network?
also have you tried using different browser ?
perhaps running on VPN?
perhaps you have your android "host" file misconfigure
also yes do a hard reset

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello ineedroot69,

thank you for your answer. Sorry, that I have to ask. Do you mean by "network" I shall use an other internet provider?

I can´t use a different browser, cause I can´t download apps. Normally I do not use the pre-installed browser, but in this case I automatically have to. To my knowledge this pre-installed browser does not have a vpn mode. But to be 100% clear, I will look in closer, when I come home from work.

I already did 3 hard resets via e MMC "mode" (?) nothing has changed, unfortunately.
Cause I did these hard resets, I don´t know how I could misconfigured my android data / host. At all 3 times it was and is reset to factory setting.

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello jjgvv,

I have to say: Thank you so much. The tablet can open your posted website and I can download apps from it.

I downloaded my browser and anti virus program of choice.

Only problem (still) is Google. I downloaded the google play store app. After downloading the app I was asked to do an up date to this app (2 times), which I did. The connectivity issue still exists. Plus, in the upper left corner of the screen appears a triangle shaped warning sign that states "A problem occured by connecting to google" (translated from German to English).

Also I still can´t visit certain web sites such as amazon and ebay.

What I also found "interesting", but maybe that´s just my lack of knowledge, is that I had to download the app-version for Android 5+. When I first tried to download the app-version for Android 6+ or 7+ the system of my tablet stated "Parsing problems". Which I find strange, because the tablet runs with Android 7 (when I look up the tablet info in the configuration menu).

Last edited:

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
So nothing can be done? The download infos from these apps stated: min: android 5 up to android 11.
I am not sure, if my tablet really just has android 5. The direct information in the "about section" states android 7.
So basically within the tablet not in an operation instruction.

Last edited:

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
So nothing can be done? The download infos from these apps stated: min: android 5 up to android 11.
I am not sure, if my tablet really just has android 5. The direct information in the "about section" states android 7.
So basically within the tablet not in an operation instruction.
min Android 5 up to Android 11 means the app can be used by Android 5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11. You need the app 'aida64' to check real Android version, Which can be downloaded in the link I provided.

Reactions: Mimip

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello jjgvv,

thank you for your answer. It is good, that it works with apps from apkmirror.
But android 5.1 is very old (est. in 2014/15) so some websites or apps seem not to run under that (amazon, ebay, email, netflix). Also I am worried about safty issues, because that android version is that old.

Isn´t there a possibility to install android 7.x on this tablet?

When I searched on the internet I didn´t find service up-dates for this specific tablet but an other, which almost has the same name and model number: xCode t1006.

Maybe it is possible to up-grade my tablet with their newer up-dates if they exist.

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello jjgvv,

I hope I understood you right. Testing my English here a bit :p
Do you mean CPU?

SoC model: MediaTek MT6753
Core architecture: 6x ARM Cortex-A53 @1301 MHz
Manufacturer process: 28nm
Command set: 64-bit ARMv8-A
CPU revision: r0p4
CPU kernels: 6 kernels
CPU traction section: 299 - 1301 MHz
Kernel 1 gating: 299 MHz to 1301 MHz (switches so it is hard to stick to one solid number)
Kernel 2 gating: switches also from 299 MHz upwards to 1301 MHZ (or "sleeping")
Kernel 3 gating: switches also from 299 MHz upwards to 1301 MHZ (or "sleeping")
Kernel 4: "sleeping"
Kernel 5: "sleeping"
Kernel 6: "sleeping"
CPU capacity: switches between 0% to 34%
Scaling controller: interactive
Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 32-bit ABIs: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 64-bit ABIs: arm64-v8a
AES: supported
NEON: supported
PMULL: supported
SHA1: supported