xGody T1006 tablet can´t connect to Google Play Store anymore

Search This thread

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Hello dear community,

in July 2019 I bought a tablet from xGody, model type T1006. Until mid / end 2020 it ran as it supposed to. Then I recognized that I can´t log into my Google Play Account anymore. It always states, that there is a connective problem or the device doesn´t work with google data services. The connection can´t be the problem, because I use this device via wifi.

Second thing, that I notices was, that I can use google or bing via browser, but can´t visit certain web sites (for example amazon). Because I can´t connect to Google Play Store I tried to download the apps directly from the web sites (for example virus program), also that is impossible.

I contected xGody, but they can´t help either. They said, that I should do an "hard reset" (?) and follow their instructions. But these instructions do not line up with my device, because the menu is in Chinese. With "half help" of Youtube i did a "hard reset" by choosing e MMC mode (?). The customer service also said, that they do not have service up dates for my device "anymore", because it is too old (it is literally 2 years old).

In total I reset my tablet 5 times and nothing has changed.

Does anybody have an idea what I can do about these issues?

Thank you so much for your answers and sorry for my bad English (it´s not my native language).

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
Hello jjgvv,

I hope I understood you right. Testing my English here a bit :p
Do you mean CPU?

SoC model: MediaTek MT6753
Core architecture: 6x ARM Cortex-A53 @1301 MHz
Manufacturer process: 28nm
Command set: 64-bit ARMv8-A
CPU revision: r0p4
CPU kernels: 6 kernels
CPU traction section: 299 - 1301 MHz
Kernel 1 gating: 299 MHz to 1301 MHz (switches so it is hard to stick to one solid number)
Kernel 2 gating: switches also from 299 MHz upwards to 1301 MHZ (or "sleeping")
Kernel 3 gating: switches also from 299 MHz upwards to 1301 MHZ (or "sleeping")
Kernel 4: "sleeping"
Kernel 5: "sleeping"
Kernel 6: "sleeping"
CPU capacity: switches between 0% to 34%
Scaling controller: interactive
Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 32-bit ABIs: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 64-bit ABIs: arm64-v8a
AES: supported
NEON: supported
PMULL: supported
SHA1: supported
SHA2: supported
Yeah

Reactions: Mimip

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Screen resolution: 1920 * 1200
Screen size: 174 mm x 109 mm
Screen diagonal: 8,09 inch
pixel density: 280 dpi
xdpi / ydpi: 280 / 280 dpi
GPU manufacturer: ARM
GPU renderer: Mali-T720
GPU kernel: 3
Refresh rate: 45 Hz
Standard resolution: portrait format
OpenGL ES Version: 3.0
GPU version: OpenGL ES 3.1

Do you also need the OpenGL ES extensions? That would be much to type.

Quick note: I have to add something. I don´t know what went wrong with the last try installing google play via apk. But out of big frustration and curiousity I tried again and now google play, amazon, ebay, etc. do work. My google account is connected to the tablet now. It´s strange.

NONTHELESS (!) want to up-grate the android let alone for safty reasons if it´s needed. I can´t determine that.

jggvv you don´t know how thankful I am for your help und you helping me. I am so happy.

Reactions: jjgvv

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
Screen resolution: 1920 * 1200
Screen size: 174 mm x 109 mm
Screen diagonal: 8,09 inch
pixel density: 280 dpi
xdpi / ydpi: 280 / 280 dpi
GPU manufacturer: ARM
GPU renderer: Mali-T720
GPU kernel: 3
Refresh rate: 45 Hz
Standard resolution: portrait format
OpenGL ES Version: 3.0
GPU version: OpenGL ES 3.1

Do you also need the OpenGL ES extensions? That would be much to type.

Quick note: I have to add something. I don´t know what went wrong with the last try installing google play via apk. But out of big frustration and curiousity I tried again and now google play, amazon, ebay, etc. do work. My google account is connected to the tablet now. It´s strange.

NONTHELESS (!) want to up-grate the android let alone for safty reasons if it´s needed. I can´t determine that.

jggvv you don´t know how thankfull I am for your help und your helping me. I am so happy.
thats sufficient, no need opengl extentions

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
jjgvv thank you so, so much for your help.

Sad that there is no fitting up-grate available :-(

From my unknownledgeable view just by the name I thought the up-grate for the xCode t1006 might fit my device. If they had a newer version for it.

May I ask you something: Because I am not that knownledgeable is it unsafe to use a device with an very old android version? Prone for data stealing and hacking attacks?

That´s what I read (or most likely understood), because the "safety licence" is expired and aren´t renewable.

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
jjgvv thank you so, so much for your help.

Sad that there is no fitting up-grate available :-(

From my unknownledgeable view just by the name I thought the up-grate for the xCode t1006 might fit my device. If they had a newer version for it.

May I ask you something: Because I am not that knownledgeable is it unsafe to use a device with an very old android version? Prone for data stealing and hacking attacks?

That´s what I read (or most likely understood), because the "safety licence" is expired and aren´t renewable.
Possibly hackable, so maybe you need to get a newer tablet for confidental data storage and online payment, sorry.

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
Oh okay...then I will buy a new one in the near future.
In the past I just used it to watch NETFLIX and videos on YOUTUBE or search for stuff.
Never used it for shopping or online payments.

I just want to use it for entertainment.

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
No, I didn´t, nor I will.

The xGody custom service said that I shall reset and hard reset the tablet which I at this point probably did 6 times.
After that I just followed your advice.

I didn´t inputed my bank information on anything on the tablet or google play account.

How it is with the Netflix account I have to look up if there are my bank informations.

Mimip

Feb 22, 2021
jjgvv,

I wanted to ask you something via pn, but I can´t reach your account. Could you message me instead? I have a question which involves the tablet but not neccesarily to my initial question. I don´t want to turn this into an off topic.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone