Question Xiaomi and eSim

Search This thread

rincal

Sep 9, 2010
I have a Poco F3 but this is a Xiaomi general post. I have had many Xiaomi phones (mainly Poco and Redmi notes) over the years.

I have just recently discovered about eSim which would be very useful when I visit my property abroad - my phone does not support this technology, but saying that, no Xiaomi phone does. why is this? A few other manufacturers support it: Apple, Samsung and google to name a few. I have tried to raise this in mi forum, but answers are promptly deleted.

Another thing that I find a bit annoying id that apple phones support 20 eSim profiles but android only support 1. why is this also?

I don't really want to be forced to buy a phone from a manufacturer I don't want to buy from.

Does anyone know answers? I would be grateful.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I have a Poco F3 but this is a Xiaomi general post. I have had many Xiaomi phones (mainly Poco and Redmi notes) over the years.

I have just recently discovered about eSim which would be very useful when I visit my property abroad - my phone does not support this technology, but saying that, no Xiaomi phone does. why is this? A few other manufacturers support it: Apple, Samsung and google to name a few. I have tried to raise this in mi forum, but answers are promptly deleted.

Another thing that I find a bit annoying id that apple phones support 20 eSim profiles but android only support 1. why is this also?

I don't really want to be forced to buy a phone from a manufacturer I don't want to buy from.

The Xiaomi 12t pro has it.

Reactions: rincal

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo

other manufacturers just recently started adopting esim feature. mainly on flagship devices.

I think we can expect more xiaomi devices to support in the next year.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
other manufacturers just recently started adopting esim feature. mainly on flagship devices.

Apple for 4 years.
Google for 3 years.
Motorola for 2 years.
huawei for 2 years.
Samsung for 2 years.
Oppo for 10 months.
Sony for 4 months.
Certainly not on all models but Xiaomi is late.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I am in UK and cannot find it.
Maybe you need the Sim but the 12t pro is not the successor of the 12 pro.

A larger capacity battery and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 with a 200MP camera without Optical Zoom but that's where it ends.
Aluminum alloy vs Plastic:mad:
Amoled •Samsung E5 vs Amoled
WQHD+ 1440 x 3200px vs FHD+ 1220 x 2712px:mad:
521 Pixels per inch vs 446 Pixels per inch
Corning Gorilla Glass 7 Victus vs. Corning Gorilla Glass 5:mad:
front camera 32 MP vs 20 MP
and many other non-existent functions compared to the 12 pro.

For £68 difference but ok without Esim.

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
For a manufacturer that is in the top 3 of world sales, no Esim, whereas Apple and Google, for example, have already had it for several years.
I completely agree with you on this. But it is not much neccessary to support esim at the moment.

Also many network providers just recently started to support esim on a larger scale.

Where I am from, just month ago my network provider started supporting esim.

Reactions: rincal and NOSS8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For a manufacturer that is in the top 3 of world sales, no Esim, whereas Apple and Google, for example, have already had it for several years.
    I completely agree with you on this. But it is not much neccessary to support esim at the moment.

Also many network providers just recently started to support esim on a larger scale.

Where I am from, just month ago my network provider started supporting esim.

The Xiaomi 12t pro has it.