• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

Xiaomi Black Shark Support/MEGATHREAD

usher. safecracker

Apr 24, 2019
help with adb and recovery

I have the china version in till I updated it OTA now it tells me it's skr h0 well any way I unlocked the bootloader using the china version oem way. When I try to ues adb for installing twrp. Img I get this
C:\adb>FAILED <remote: <recovery_b> No such partition>'FAILED' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I tried c:\adb>fastboot set_active other then use the recovery command and it tells me recovery_a no such partition you guys seem to my best bet and would like to thank you for your hard work on the bs1 if you can help thank you

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
I have the china version in till I updated it OTA now it tells me it's skr h0 well any way I unlocked the bootloader using the china version oem way. When I try to ues adb for installing twrp. Img I get this
C:\adb>FAILED <remote: <recovery_b> No such partition>'FAILED' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I tried c:\adb>fastboot set_active other then use the recovery command and it tells me recovery_a no such partition you guys seem to my best bet and would like to thank you for your hard work on the bs1 if you can help thank you
I don't know why I was sign in with that account I'm just wanting to use twrp as recovery in case someone does come up with custom roms it would be fantastic

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
I don't know why I was sign in with that account I'm just wanting to use twrp as recovery in case someone does come up with custom roms it would be fantastic
You flashed TWRP?? Flashing TWRP most likely is what changed your model number. You're not supposed to flash it. The model number on TWRP is SKR-H0.

You're only supposed to boot TWRP for the black shark when using fastboot.

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
You flashed TWRP?? Flashing TWRP most likely is what changed your model number. You're not supposed to flash it. The model number on TWRP is SKR-H0.

You're only supposed to boot TWRP for the black shark when using fastboot.
I followed line for line how to install twrp I even change the file name to twrp.Img and then tried recovery.img using adb if I did it wrong what I'm asking is how do I go about it. I've always had Samsung since 2011 they seem a lot easier cause I used odin.

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
I followed line for line how to install twrp I even change the file name to twrp.Img and then tried recovery.img using adb if I did it wrong what I'm asking is how do I go about it. I've always had Samsung since 2011 they seem a lot easier cause I used odin.
From which thread are you getting the directions? There are directions posted in the first post of this thread.

You need to use fastboot. It's a part of the platform-tools file you get over at the Android SDK Website

This should be the easiest way to do it compared to using Odin...

Last edited:

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
From which thread are you getting the directions? There are directions posted in the first post of this thread.

You need to use fastboot. It's a part of the platform-tools file you get over at the Android SDK Website

This should be the easiest way to do it compared to using Odin...
Home Android Development and Hacking Miscellaneous Android Development [RECOVERY][3.2.3-0][shark]Unofficial TWRP recovery for BlackShark (Testing) by mauronofrio

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Home Android Development and Hacking Miscellaneous Android Development [RECOVERY][3.2.3-0][shark]Unofficial TWRP recovery for BlackShark (Testing) by mauronofrio
I look at the post it tells you how to root using twrp through fastboot nothing on installing twrp

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I look at the post it tells you how to root using twrp through fastboot nothing on installing twrp
That's because you don't install it on this phone.... we don't get the source code that allows us to change the stock boot image file to change the recovery to TWRP. On this phone you can only boot into it using the fastboot command fastboot boot theTWRPimage.img while the phone is in bootloader mode.

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
That's because you don't install it on this phone.... we don't get the source code that allows us to change the stock boot image file to change the recovery to TWRP. On this phone you can only boot into it using the fastboot command fastboot boot theTWRPimage.img while the phone is in bootloader mode.
Ok I got it that's the first time I heard that and thank you. I knew after reading this post I would get the right answer. Again thanks

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
This is an A/B device, not a standard device. It doesn't have a recovery partition. That's why you don't install twrp.
Like I said I've always had Samsung started with Galaxy 1 in 2011 never did I use adb in till this phone at least I understand what I have to do thanks. That's reading more on this pot

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
After I unlocked my bootloader skr-H0 in the developer options my OEM is greyed out and reads "bootloader's already unlocked" my question is will my phone lock out like FRP BINARY LOCKED I've had crap like that happen on other makes of phones. If I'm not explaining it we're you can understand let me know and I will try to explain better.
It happen when I factory reset the phone. This is stopping me to factory reset my phone now.

Last edited:

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
After I unlocked my bootloader skr-H0 in the developer options my OEM is greyed out and reads "bootloader's already unlocked" my question is will my phone lock out like FRP BINARY LOCKED I've had crap like that happen on other makes of phones. If I'm not explaining it we're you can understand let me know and I will try to explain better.
It happen when I factory reset the phone. This is stopping me to factory reset my phone now.
We haven't had this issues as far as I know for this phone. There are no extra security locks that will stop you from factory resetting your phone.
The Chinese Version actually keeps force encryption on, which doesn't let you use TWRP after you set up the phone. Every time you want to use TWRP you'd have to factory reset.
Rooting the system with magisk helps you mess with system files while your phone is still on with data, but doesn't solve the TWRP issue.

I may edit the first post to show the positive and negatives between the Chinese JoyUI OS and the Global OS...

Reactions: alusher

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
We haven't had this issues as far as I know for this phone. There are no extra security locks that will stop you from factory resetting your phone.
The Chinese Version actually keeps force encryption on, which doesn't let you use TWRP after you set up the phone. Every time you want to use TWRP you'd have to factory reset.
Rooting the system with magisk helps you mess with system files while your phone is still on with data, but doesn't solve the TWRP issue.

I may edit the first post to show the positive and negatives between the Chinese JoyUI OS and the Global OS...
Yes this phone has me scratching my head. I'm hoping someone will developed a custom rom and kernel so I can have fun with the phone. Well again thanks for the information I was almost giving up on the phone in till I seen this post.

gsmtraker

Jun 13, 2015
dear Seniors...
i just try to root my Black shark global (skr-ho) device .unlock bootloader, patched boot.img using magisk manager and write back, I got root sucssisfull. but unfortunatly after a day my device start boot looping. I try to restore stock boot img , after that i get crash massag on screen
( "Your device is corrupt.it can't be trusted and will not boot" visit the link on an other device")
now what to do , there is no flash tool rom on internet, dvice bootloder is locked. can't flash again any file using fastboot,
please Help me to get back alive my phone.

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe

No, the OS doesn't force encryption, unless you DON'T flash disableforceencryption.zip.
If you flash the stock boot.img (ex. after flashing some stuff) you have to reflash the file, otherwise the bootimage will force encryption.

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
No, the OS doesn't force encryption, unless you DON'T flash disableforceencryption.zip.
If you flash the stock boot.img (ex. after flashing some stuff) you have to reflash the file, otherwise the bootimage will force encryption.
I have flashed the force encryption file AFTER flashing the image files (including boot) on the Chinese OS JoyUI and it doesn't work. It'll install Magisk, but it will still lock you out of TWRP.

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon

@alusher if you need to change the model number you can use the image file labeled custom. The custom.img is what manages the model number for the phone. I totally forgot that's what it is.