Xiaomi Black Shark Support/MEGATHREAD

Search This thread

vchircu

Nov 4, 2011
Change Slot, if u are on A switch to B.
If u still not get boot to normal screen then flash Stock boot img , U have stock boot img in this thread or extract from OTA package.

Thanks for the reply !
I ended up staying up the entire night and reading everything I could find
Turns out in twrp I didn't mount the proper partitions I needed before restoring my backup ? and that why my backups wouldn't work

I've now been trying now to figure out how to get a newer version of Android on the blackshark since Xiaomi have basically abandoned us , I've tried to install a joyui 11 GSI unfound floating around , to no luck, to flash a GSI image to my device with twrp does my previous Android install have to be on the same Android version as the GSI I want to install ? My phone is backup and running now it's back on Android P if I want to flash an Android Q GSI. Do I have to update to an Android Q rom first ?

Do I install the GSI to my active Slot or the other remaining slot ??

gsmtraker

Jun 13, 2015
Thanks for the reply !
I ended up staying up the entire night and reading everything I could find
Turns out in twrp I didn't mount the proper partitions I needed before restoring my backup [emoji23] and that why my backups wouldn't work

I've now been trying now to figure out how to get a newer version of Android on the blackshark since Xiaomi have basically abandoned us , I've tried to install a joyui 11 GSI unfound floating around , to no luck, to flash a GSI image to my device with twrp does my previous Android install have to be on the same Android version as the GSI I want to install ? My phone is backup and running now it's back on Android P if I want to flash an Android Q GSI. Do I have to update to an Android Q rom first ?

Do I install the GSI to my active Slot or the other remaining slot ??
I think there is no more update for BS/helo
BS support announced JOYUI 11 update on 27th April 2020 only for BS2/2pro and BS3/3pro...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Hi all, does anyone still have the qfil files for china BS android 8.1? i deleted mine a while ago and the download link is now broken.

aMiN1987

Aug 9, 2019
hi can anyone send me a stock firmware for bs1 global that can be used for MiFlash tool? I got my bs1 working in edl mode but I keep getting Sahara error using QPST. All links are down on stock roms that I can use in MiFlash. Thanks guys and more power

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
Reactions: aMiN1987

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
Reactions: aMiN1987

cptncankles

Sep 10, 2020
I posted this on reddit, didn't get a single response so I'm going to try here.

Blackshark 1 updated to Android 10, now apps are crashing being open for just a few minutes.

Virtually all apps crash after the android 10 update. iHeart Media, Pandora (rarely finishes one song before crashing), even my camera crashes. This never happened before the big android 10 update, but now they are all unstable to various degrees. I even did a hard reset of the phone and that didn't fix anything. This is extremely obnoxious and was wondering if anybody else was having this issue and if there is any known fix on the way?

Max remont

Sep 14, 2020
I posted this on reddit, didn't get a single response so I'm going to try here.

Blackshark 1 updated to Android 10, now apps are crashing being open for just a few minutes.

Virtually all apps crash after the android 10 update. iHeart Media, Pandora (rarely finishes one song before crashing), even my camera crashes. This never happened before the big android 10 update, but now they are all unstable to various degrees. I even did a hard reset of the phone and that didn't fix anything. This is extremely obnoxious and was wondering if anybody else was having this issue and if there is any known fix on the way?
wait for an update that will fix these problems, or roll back the firmware if possible

avalient

Nov 14, 2020
USB Unreadable

hey can you help me? My pc doesn't read my phone after i change the usb debugging option to transfer file. I already installed the xiaomi usb driver. And it's still won't work. But it does work on transfer photos.

n8210

Nov 28, 2008
I'm on SKR A0 and JOY UI 12 20.11.03
How do I flash this to global rom? Cause installing google play store is getting harder and harder because of no support with the GetApps store that came with the OS.

renskie

Jun 18, 2009
Change Slot, if u are on A switch to B.
If u still not get boot to normal screen then flash Stock boot img , U have stock boot img in this thread or extract from OTA package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i tried on my black shaek skr-ho change the slot a to slot b but after reboot phone go to edl mode. is there any way to go back to slot a so it will boot to fastboot mode ?

now the phone is in black screen sense it is in edl mode.

ive tried combination for "vol + " + "vol -" + power to exit from edl mode but im not lucky

anyone could help ?

jessie maarat

Jul 5, 2015
hello everyone i have a problem with my Blackshark 3.
when i update magisk it ask to where to flash the update. i choose the patch to unused slot. after i press reboot. my phone doesnt have any response anymore.... it's like it is dead... no vibration when pressing power button.. can't either goto to fastboot or recovery.. any button combination don't have any response... please help me...
i tried pressing both up and down volume and connect to pc to enter edl mode.. but still no luck... i have install all drivers needed... please help me...

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Hello black shark people.

Does anyone have the bs5 global? The specs and price are good. I can't be the only one. I am going to try to unlock the bootloader this weekend. I am thinking that it is probably similar to the previous versions. Then I will try rooting with magisk. I don't need twrp. Just want to have better control over the default apps and be able to remove what I want...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome!
    This Megathread is to help bring the different threads together for the Xiaomi Black Shark (SKR-A0 or SKR-H0) since the xiaomi-black-shark tag is broken (at least for me it is). This will also serve as a one-stop shop for people who need general black shark support!

Disclaimer: You (the user) assume the risk for any bootloader unlocking, rooting, or any other modifying of your device. These can lead to phone's being bricked or boot-looped. We aren't to blame if the directions aren't followed to the T!

Tips before modding your phone
    1. Stay organized! Make a folder for any files you download or data your backup so you don't lose anything important
    2. Backup your user data onto your computer. It is guaranteed 100% of the time that your phone's data will be wiped when installing of uninstalling ANY of the modifications listed below. Unless you have been rooting and unlocking bootloaders for years, you don't want to skip this step.

Common ADB and Fastboot Commands
    These are some commands you'll need to get to know:
    adb devices: this shows what devices are currently connected to your computer
    adb pull: this pulls a file from your phone and saves it to a location on your computer. You will need to specify the location of the file and the save location of the file
    adb reboot bootloader: this reboots the phone into fastboot mode to use fastboot commands

fastboot devices: this shows what devices are connected to your computer in fastboot mode
    fastboot boot filename.img: this boots the phone with using a image file of your choice
    fastboot flash disk_partiton filename.img: this will flash an image file over the disk partition you want.
    Example:
    fastboot system system.img flashes a new system_a.img over the system parition of your phone's storage. This is where the main operating system is held on the phone.​
    fastboot reboot: reboots the phone
    fastboot continue: boots the phone straight from fastboot into the system, not restarting the phone.

Unlock/Relock your Bootloader
    WARNING: This WILL wipe your internal data
    On Android, the phone must have an unlocked bootloader to enable some of the common modding features. These steps will unlock your bootloader.
    Pre-requisites:
    1. You will need the SDK Platform Tools downloaded onto your computer. This has the necessary adb and fastboot programs you will need in order to unlock your bootloader.

2. Enable Developer Options on the Phone
    -Go to Settings -> About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options

3. Enable OEM unlocking
    -For CN Version (SKR-A0):
    Go to Settings -> Other Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options and Enable OEM unlocking. It will give you a warning pop up. Click yes to enable OEM unlocking.

-For Global Version (SKR-H0):
    Go to Settings -> Developer Options and Enable OEM unlocking. It will give you a warning pop up. Click yes to enable OEM unlocking.

4. Enable USB Debugging. This lets you use ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) to send commands from your computer to the phone.
    -For CN Version (SKR-A0):
    Go to Settings -> Other Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options and Enable USB debugging.

-For Global Version (SKR-H0):
    Go to Settings -> Developer Options and Enable USB debugging.

5. Boot into fastboot mode.
    -Booting from the Phone:
    • Turn the Phone off
    • Press and hold the Volume Down Button
    • Turn the phone on while holding the volume down button

-Booting from the PC:
    • Connect your phone to your computer.
    • Go to where you downloaded the SDK platform tools. The folder name should be "platform-tools" and have "adb" and "fastboot" exe files in it.
    • Open a command prompt/terminal from that folder.
    • Run the command: adb devices
      A pop up should show up on your phone. Click the checkmark next to "Always allow from this computer" and click ok. Your computer is now allowed to send commands to the phone.
    • Now run the command: adb reboot bootloader

You should now be in fastboot mode!

To check if you're in fastboot mode:
    • Go to where you downloaded the SDK platform tools. The folder name should be "platform-tools" and have "adb" and "fastboot" exe files in it.
    • Open a command prompt/terminal from that folder.
    • Run the command: fastboot devices
    If your device shows up then you're in fastboot mode! You should also see a line of text that says something like:
    "Bootloader Locked"
    "Bootloader Unlocked"

Unlocking your Bootloader:
    1. If your phone says bootloader is locked:
    While connected to your PC run the following commands:
    -For SKR-A0
    fastboot oem unlock

-For SKR-H0
    fastboot flashing unlock

If there is a warning click to proceed with the unlock. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AT THIS TIME.

If your phone says bootloader is unlocked:
    Skip this step!

Your Bootloader is now Unlocked!!

Relocking your Bootloader:[/size]
    1. Boot into fastboot mode

2. Connect your phone to your computer

3. Run the Bootloader Lock command
    3a. For Both Versions
    fastboot flashing lock

WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.

Your bootloader is now Locked!

Rooting Using TWRP
    Unlocked Bootloader Required!

Required files:
    • The latest Magisk Zip and APK files...it can be found here
    • A Computer with the latest SDK Platform tools
    • TWRP image file found at this thread
    Do NOT download the installer.

1. Boot into fastboot mode and connect to your computer

2. Run the command: fastboot boot Name_of_twrp_file_.img
    Replace Name_of_twrp_file.img with the name of the twrp image file you've downloaded for the blackshark

Tips:
    If your screen is upside down, that's ok! Your touches will be in the same spot, the image is the only thing that's upside down.
    On first boot, if TWRP is asking for a decryption password, you will need to wipe your data before going forward.

3. Move the Magisk Zip file to your phone's storage

4. On TWRP:
    Click install -> Magisk.Zip file -> Swipe to confirm flash

5. After the install is complete: Swipe to reboot the phone
    DO NOT INSTALL TWRP APP IF IT ASKS YOU TO

6. After the phone reboots, install the Magisk apk file

7. If you start the magisk app and it says Magisk is not installed, try rebooting your phone.

8. If you start the magisk app, and it asks to download extra resources, click ok.

You're now rooted!

Install GApps
    Installing GApps should only be for the CN version!

You can find the directions and required files in this thread here

Factory Images
    For the CN version (SKR-A0)
    The factory images can be found on Google Drive here

For the Global version (SKR-H0)
    [Guide] Restoring Black Shark 1 Global to Stock OTA bug fixed!

Using Project Treble (GSI) System Images!

What is Project Treble and GSI?
    The Generic System Image (GSI) was added into Android 8.0 devices to enable OEM partners and developers to help with updating devices. Using an dual system approach (slot a and slot b) android phones can be updated seamlessly (without rebooting) and recover devices from a bad update.
    Project Treble is an extension of this feature to enable developers to update their OS easier to new versions of Android! This includes *drum roll* the ROM commmunity!! So if your phone supports project treble and gsi (which the Black Shark does) we already have ROMs available to us!

The Downside to Project Treble Roms
    Our Vendor File isn't compatible with Treble ROMs and we can't use other vendor files (as what I have seen so far) so these bugs will exist for now:
    The S logo doesn't turn off. Stays Green lit.
    You may not be able to increase screen brightness.
    Fingerprint may not work on the Treble ROM.

Installing a Project Treble Rom
    YOU WILL LOSE YOUR USERDATA. THERE IS NO GETTING AROUND THIS AS OF NOW.
    Prerequisites:
    Unlocked Bootloader on your phone and adb, fastboot, TWRP image and the most recent Magisk Zip on your computer.
    For CN variants (SKR-A0) you may need to use the Global (SKR-H0) vendor and boot images. These steps were tested on using the Global Images

1. Choose your rom over here
    2. Download the ARM64 A/B version of your rom of choice. The Black Shark supports Seamless Updates and it's based on the 64bit architecture (as are most modern phones).
    3. Factory Reset your phone. You can do this either through the recovery or through the system settings.
    4. Boot into bootloader mode on the phone and connect the phone to the PC.
    5. Erase the system partition: fastboot erase system
    6. Flash the new system OS: fastboot -u flash system system_image_file.img
    7. Boot into TWRP from fastboot: fastboot boot twrp_file.img
    8. Tap the DO NOT ALLOW SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS
    9. Move the Magisk Zip file to your phone.
    10. Click Install -> Magisk Zip -> Swipe to Install
    11. Reboot the Phone

That's it! Your screen will be upside down during the media locking process (using a Disable Force Encryption file has not worked for me). Once your get to the setup page you may have to set it up with the screen upside down. THIS IS THE SAME AS HOW TWRP IS UPSIDE DOWN BUT THE TAPS ARE IN THE NORMAL SPOTS. If a warning comes up that's normal.

Android 9.0 Pie News!!!
    https://xdaforums.com/android/development/news-black-shark-2-features-coming-to-t3924703

How to Get CN Rom's Shark Space and MI Market onto Global ROM:
    https://xdaforums.com/android/development/port-cn-shark-space-mi-market-blackshark-t3927854

Credits:
    TWRP by @mauronofrio
    Offical XDA Magisk Thread
    @gilbert32 for factory global images
    Home Android Development and Hacking Miscellaneous Android Development [RECOVERY][3.2.3-0][shark]Unofficial TWRP recovery for BlackShark (Testing) by mauronofrio

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I look at the post it tells you how to root using twrp through fastboot nothing on installing twrp

That's because you don't install it on this phone.... we don't get the source code that allows us to change the stock boot image file to change the recovery to TWRP. On this phone you can only boot into it using the fastboot command fastboot boot theTWRPimage.img while the phone is in bootloader mode.
    I've already successfully booted Lineage OS, OnePlus UI and Resurrection Remix, however they are full of bugs, and completely unusable.
    I just need the latest OTA on Global version to make sure it is not related to vendor files/boot image.
    Shoot me a dm... I'm trying to build without success..I'm also using Omni as a base. Two heads are better than one!

AFAIK, it's gonna be pretty hard to build without having the kernel sources. Unless they release them soon, building for the device directly is gonna be a long shot.

However, checkout the treble device forums. You can download and flash roms from that section, and they will probably boot, but you'll have problems with auto brightness, random reboots, etc.
    I still can't get the auto brightness and device specific stuff to work.
    After I unlocked my bootloader skr-H0 in the developer options my OEM is greyed out and reads "bootloader's already unlocked" my question is will my phone lock out like FRP BINARY LOCKED I've had crap like that happen on other makes of phones. If I'm not explaining it we're you can understand let me know and I will try to explain better.
    It happen when I factory reset the phone. This is stopping me to factory reset my phone now.

We haven't had this issues as far as I know for this phone. There are no extra security locks that will stop you from factory resetting your phone.
    The Chinese Version actually keeps force encryption on, which doesn't let you use TWRP after you set up the phone. Every time you want to use TWRP you'd have to factory reset.
    Rooting the system with magisk helps you mess with system files while your phone is still on with data, but doesn't solve the TWRP issue.

I may edit the first post to show the positive and negatives between the Chinese JoyUI OS and the Global OS...