Question Xiaomi Cloud Data Archived

Search This thread

Nikhilesh1

Mar 10, 2016
I recently lost all contacts on this phone and when I tried to log back into the Xiaomi cloud, it just says "Data Archived". It also says "9.1GB used out of 5GB" which should not be possible in the first place as Xiaomi cloud gives 10GB of space. I am attaching a screenshot of the error when I log in from my laptop.

The screenshot says the account has been frozen as I haven't been using it since 1 year which is not possible as the Xiaomi cloud is connected to the mobile and the mobile has been in use all the time.

I checked with the service center and they are saying it might be related to a software issue and they'll factory reset the phone. If it doesn't work they'll apparently try to replace motherboard and check, which I don't understand how it will fix a cloud issue.

Kindly help out as I only need the contacts stored to be back.

Attachments

• Xiaomi Cloud Storage.jpeg
    Xiaomi Cloud Storage.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 360
  • Data Archived MI Cloud.jpg
    Data Archived MI Cloud.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 359

Nikhilesh1

Mar 10, 2016
as the mesage says, yor account is frozen so useless, need a new one and done, all your stored data is lost nothin to do with that.
The cloud account was already connected to the phone. Not sure when it expired.

Also if account is frozen, shouldn't there be some email communication regarding this warning that the data will be deleted?

Isn't is bad practice to automatically delete personal data if account is frozen? That too without any intimation to the user.

tutibreaker

The cloud account was already connected to the phone. Not sure when it expired.

Also if account is frozen, shouldn't there be some email communication regarding this warning that the data will be deleted?

Isn't is bad practice to automatically delete personal data if account is frozen? That too without any intimation to the user.
blame xiaomi, the account expired one year of no use, so you can login but you cant use anything, so useless account, create a new one and done

soetinthlaing

Oct 8, 2022
I lost my phone. The xiaomi could account of that phone has been frozen. How can I recover the frozen account?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221007-161343.png
    Screenshot_20221007-161343.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 67