• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Xiaomi Devices stopped working in Syria

Search This thread

abood464

Jun 17, 2013
Greetings everyone ,
So apparently from the title Xiaomi Devices has stopped working in Syria starting this week ,
the devices suddenly got "locked" with a message declaring "this device is locked , Xiaomi policy doesn't allow this product in your country"
with only an option to connect to Wi-fi network ,
the devices that were reported were both India and International versions
any official announcement from Xiaomi regarding their new policy ?
also any chance to make these devices work again ? this issue will affect hundred thousands of people I will appreciate if someone can provide a solution
Thanks !

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Xiaomi themselves haven't mentioned anything regarding this, but quoting an official retailer:

Xiaomi's new policy protects its products, as every product must be activated in the country it was intended to be sold in.

The solution, according to them, is return the phone to the retailer you bought it from, which they will reset, and then you need to use the phone with a SIM from that same country for at least 3 weeks

Given that I'm from Syria and considering the phone situation there, if you're importing a xiaomi phone, unlock the bootloader as soon as possible, preferably while in the country you bought it from, then solving this would be much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamyd

patrick395x

Oct 28, 2017
Havana
Xiaomi themselves haven't mentioned anything regarding this, but quoting an official retailer:

Xiaomi's new policy protects its products, as every product must be activated in the country it was intended to be sold in.

The solution, according to them, is return the phone to the retailer you bought it from, which they will reset, and then you need to use the phone with a SIM from that same country for at least 3 weeks

Given that I'm from Syria and considering the phone situation there, if you're importing a xiaomi phone, unlock the bootloader as soon as possible, preferably while in the country you bought it from, then solving this would be much easier.
Hi! Any chance you can share the link where you quoted that response from that official retailer? I am from Cuba, where Ximi phones already stopped working. Mine is protected tho, using a custom ROM, however, I would like to clarify myself a bit anyway. TIA

lenavel

Sep 28, 2015
I bought a Xiaomi redmi note 10s, global versión, factory unlocked, in Amazon, United States. My intention is to use it in Cuba. Could I configure it in Unite States and then use it in Cuba with no problems? This is what I’ve been thinking, since I don’t want to modify the boot loader, just use the phone as a standard user.
Can Xiaomi detect my phone If I use a SIM card from Cuba?

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi! Any chance you can share the link where you quoted that response from that official retailer? I am from Cuba, where Ximi phones already stopped working. Mine is protected tho, using a custom ROM, however, I would like to clarify myself a bit anyway. TIA
I didn't ask them online

I bought a Xiaomi redmi note 10s, global versión, factory unlocked, in Amazon, United States. My intention is to use it in Cuba. Could I configure it in Unite States and then use it in Cuba with no problems? This is what I’ve been thinking, since I don’t want to modify the boot loader, just use the phone as a standard user.
The phones that are stopping are only the ones getting newly activated on those countries,
Activate the phone in the US using a US sim card for a couple of weeks then you should be good

Reactions: lenavel

kamyd

Dec 14, 2014
I didn't ask them online

The phones that are stopping are only the ones getting newly activated on those countries,
Activate the phone in the US using a US sim card for a couple of weeks then you should be good
Hello there a quick question:
Flashing a phone with locked bootloader with miflash will fix this or not? (at least temporarily)

kamyd

Dec 14, 2014
Currently the only way to fix it is either return it to a mi service center and they'll reset it or take the phone apart and flash it with jtag
OH MY GOD, damn them.
Thanks a lot, Then I will unlock it immediately I have Poco F3 and mi unlock passed that 7 days unlock time 5 days ago I just wanted to know if I should unlock it or not.

P.s There havent been any report of this happening here in my country but I will install a custom rom just in case

Shirshah1

Sep 12, 2021
Just bought one in iran with a pretty good discount, i wonder if i should enable the bootloader or not? Should i flash it with a custom rom or not? So far no phones here have been blocked but given the fact that we are already in the sanctioned countries club i dont think it would be long before that same hapens to us too

Shirshah1

Sep 12, 2021
as mentioned in the article
apparently is targeting models not approved yet by the authority for sales
As far as I know there are no authorized sellers by Xiaomi in any of those countries, so if they want to block their phones they have to do it either on everyone or none at all. I think it might have happened on some few Chinese or European versions devices smuggled into those countries Or else we would have millions of users complaining it not just some rumors with one or two pics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I didn't ask them online

Hello there a quick question:
    Flashing the locked bootloader phone with miflash will fix this or not? (at least temporarily)
    Currently the only way to fix it is either return it to a mi service center and they'll reset it or take the phone apart and flash it with jtag