• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Xiaomi Eu 12.5.6 - 12.5.7

Search This thread

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Hi peeps! I am now running xiaomi eu stable 12.5.6 on my poco f3 device having a vasishath build twrp, for example there's an update of eu to 12.5.7 recovery rom or update rom, i am asking if i will flash it on my twrp do i need to inject the twrp while flashing the update again?

Hi peeps! I am now running xiaomi eu stable 12.5.6 on my poco f3 device having a vasishath build twrp, for example there's an update of eu to 12.5.7 recovery rom or update rom, i am asking if i will flash it on my twrp do i need to inject the twrp while flashing the update again?
Yes but not necessarily.

Flashing a ROM-Update will also flash a new boot.img, and boot.img also contains the Recovery Mode.

However, Xiaomi.eu for Poco F3 has Nebrassy's TWRP 3.5.1 integrated.

So if you have Asishoth's TWRP 3.5.2 before the update, Xiaomi.eu will replace it with Nebrassy's TWRP version 3.5.1, which is slightly older.

If you want your TWRP to persist, select "Inject TWRP...", or you can flash TWRP manually after the update.

Edit: And if you had Magisk Root before update, you will have redo that. You will have to backup the boot-partition using TWRP, rename the backed up boot.emmc.win to boot.img and patch it with Magisk, rename that file back to boot.emmc.win and restore that boot partition using TWRP.

Last edited:

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Yes but not necessarily.

Flashing a ROM-Update will also flash a new boot.img, and boot.img also contains the Recovery Mode.

So if you have Asishoth's TWRP 3.5.2 before the update, Xiaomi.eu will replace it with Nebrassy's TWRP version 3.5.1, which is slightly older.

If you want your TWRP to persist, select "Inject TWRP...", or you can flash TWRP manually after the update.

Edit: And if you had Magisk Root before update, you will have redo that. You will have to backup the boot-partition using TWRP, rename the backed up boot.emmc.win to boot.img and patch it with Magisk, rename that file back to boot.emmc.win and restore that boot partition using TWRP.
wow so much information thankyou, btw the rom update cost me for about 3gb as well will it wipe my data?

Reactions: dreamytom
wow so much information thankyou, btw the rom update cost me for about 3gb as well will it wipe my data?
No don't worry.

Yes the size is normal, because it's a full Recovery ROM, which are for both Clean-Install and Updating.

There are also Incremental ROMs which are small and only contain changes since previous build and thus can only be used for updating, but you only get such ROM update files for Official MIUI ROMs, not Xiaomi.eu.

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
No don't worry.

Yes the size is normal, because it's a full Recovery ROM, which are for both Clean-Install and Updating.

There are also Incremental ROMs which are small and only contain changes since previous build and thus can only be used for updating, but you only get such ROM update files for Official MIUI ROMs, not Xiaomi.eu.
bro you had a lots of help for me thankyou i appreciated btw i already flashed the latest xiaomi eu 12.5.14 by now and it doesn't wipe my data i only need to install magisk back again

Reactions: dreamytom
bro you had a lots of help for me thankyou i appreciated btw i already flashed the latest xiaomi eu 12.5.14 by now and it doesn't wipe my data i only need to install magisk back again
You can install Magisk by downloading Magisk.apk from that GitHub page and renaming it to Magisk.zip and flashing it in TWRP.

That's easier than having to patch boot.img :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: khazzey

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
You can install Magisk back by downloading Magisk.apk from that GitHub page and renaming it to Magisk.zip and flashing it in TWRP.

i already did thanks a lot, can i ask for off topic? i have a problem on my storage 6gb of storage accumulated on my space to OTHER file and didnt know how to delete it on xiaomi eu then i tried searching on youtube and it can be deleted through Miui folder and Gallery section to Cloud but it seems there is no files on my behalf for that how can i delete this OTHER file?

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
i already did thanks a lot, can i ask for off topic? i have a problem on my storage 6gb of storage accumulated on my space to OTHER file and didnt know how to delete it on xiaomi eu then i tried searching on youtube and it can be deleted through Miui folder and Gallery section to Cloud but it seems there is no files on my behalf for that how can i delete this OTHER file?
is there any way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes but not necessarily.

No don't worry.

Yes but not necessarily.

No don't worry.

You can install Magisk by downloading Magisk.apk from that GitHub page and renaming it to Magisk.zip and flashing it in TWRP.