Xiaomi.EU Android 11 Latest Weekly Release

DeathStroke47

Aug 15, 2020
I will flash the 6 january build after a day. If anyone have already flashed, i want to know about the experience as compared to previous build.

DeathStroke47

Aug 15, 2020
Dirty flashed over 20.12.28, I don't observe any difference so far
hmmm well i have clean flashed it now and used magisk 21.2 for root, Anyways, I think it is based on the 30 december china build, so maybe thats why there is not much difference between this and the the 20.12.28 xiaomi.eu rom.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Last edited:

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
just installed the new weekly 21.01.13 from AFH
all good. security update to January 2021. bug fixies (see log attached)
CHANGELOG

System
Optimization- Minor layout changes while turning Silent / DND mode on from volume bar
Optimization- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2021
Fix- SafetyNet test failed for unrooted devices
Fix- Broken icons in certain apps, like Edge and Spotify
Fix- Google Setup Wizard was showing on first boot instead of MIUI's initial setup
Fix- Custom actions in contextual text selection popups were missing
Fix - Unmute sound was playing from Quick settings / Control center even when disabled
Fix - Weather info in the notification shade was not scaled properly with very small text sizes

Gallery
Fix - "Bokeh" app crashed when trying to edit a Dynamic shot / Motion photo or a Document photo [ Some devices]

Super wallpapers
New - Two new wallpapers for Earth super wallpaper

Camera
New - Added few new gridlines (golden ratio)
faster & smoother that previous issues on MIUI 12.5. remains to check SOT and standby drain ...

Reactions: DeathStroke47

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
just installed the new weekly 21.01.13 from AFH
all good. security update to January 2021. bug fixies (see log attached)
CHANGELOG

System
Optimization- Minor layout changes while turning Silent / DND mode on from volume bar
Optimization- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2021
Fix- SafetyNet test failed for unrooted devices
Fix- Broken icons in certain apps, like Edge and Spotify
Fix- Google Setup Wizard was showing on first boot instead of MIUI's initial setup
Fix- Custom actions in contextual text selection popups were missing
Fix - Unmute sound was playing from Quick settings / Control center even when disabled
Fix - Weather info in the notification shade was not scaled properly with very small text sizes

Gallery
Fix - "Bokeh" app crashed when trying to edit a Dynamic shot / Motion photo or a Document photo [ Some devices]

Super wallpapers
New - Two new wallpapers for Earth super wallpaper

Camera
New - Added few new gridlines (golden ratio)
faster & smoother that previous issues on MIUI 12.5. remains to check SOT and standby drain ...
Thanks.
Available now also on the official SourceForge:

Last two times I updated dirty - I hope it would work again?

Does it pass SafetyNet without the need for Universal SafetyNet Fix module (it seems, by reading the Changelog)?

PS: It can be downloaded also from 21.1.6 Settings / My device / Check for updates

Attachments

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks.
Available now also on the official SourceForge:

Does it pass SafetyNet without the need for Universal SafetyNet Fix module (it seems, by reading the Changelog)?

PS: It can be downloaded also from 21.1.6 Settings / My device / Check for updates
Yes to both my questions (just dirty updated from 21.2.6).

Unfortunately, I see one bug (was not present in previous A11 weeklies).
I have Automatic brightnes disabled and brightness set to like 80%.

With 21.1.13, when I reboot, display is very dark (like with brightness on 10% or so), until I enter my pins for SIMs and screen unlock - then it goes to my 80%

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
Thanks.

i did dirty flash and no issues ( just cleared cache/dalvik in twrp).
first boot longer then ever
pass safetynet as is. if use magisk need to hide.
so far so good ;)

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
today we will regain widevine L1 ;) with the weekly update ! soon to be available on AFH.
System
Optimization- Restored Widevine L1 support [Redmi K20 / Mi 9T, Mi CC9 Pro / Mi Note 10 / Pro]
Fix- Device was lagging with enabled Voice Match [Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9T Pro]
Fix- Provision app crashed during setup with an inserted SIM card

Control center
Optimization- Brightness control is appearing at the bottom of the toggles list now even if it is expanded [Android 11 devices]
Optimization- Restored pull-down gesture on the right side of Notification shade to open Control center over the Notification shade
Fix- A Chinese toggle was showing at the bottom of the toggles list [Some devices]

Settings
Optimization- "Sound and vibration" layout changes
Optimization - Removed "Hide notch and move status bar" option by Xiaomi [Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Lite Zoom]

Screen recorder
New - You can record videos in 90fps now [Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro , Redmi K30 5G, Mi 11, Mi 10T / Pro]

Weather
Fix - Unable to delete locations by long-tapping them and clicking the "Delete" button

enjoy !

Last edited:
Reactions: leobahlis and zgfg

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
today we will regain widevine L1 ;) with the weekly update ! soon to be available on AFH.
System
Optimization- Restored Widevine L1 support [Redmi K20 / Mi 9T, Mi CC9 Pro / Mi Note 10 / Pro]
Fix- Device was lagging with enabled Voice Match [Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9T Pro]
Fix- Provision app crashed during setup with an inserted SIM card

Control center
Optimization- Brightness control is appearing at the bottom of the toggles list now even if it is expanded [Android 11 devices]
Optimization- Restored pull-down gesture on the right side of Notification shade to open Control center over the Notification shade
Fix- A Chinese toggle was showing at the bottom of the toggles list [Some devices]

Settings
Optimization- "Sound and vibration" layout changes
Optimization - Removed "Hide notch and move status bar" option by Xiaomi [Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Lite Zoom]

Screen recorder
New - You can record videos in 90fps now [Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro , Redmi K30 5G, Mi 11, Mi 10T / Pro]

Weather
Fix - Unable to delete locations by long-tapping them and clicking the "Delete" button

enjoy !
Available (use Desktop site):

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
just installed. all good w/o any issues. dirty flash, cleared cache & dalvik and deleted /data/system/package_cache.
boot faster than previous weeklies of MIUI 12.5, all former settings kept as were.
all changelog new features+ fixes confirmed for Mi 9T
to regain L1 widevine for Netflix you must clear all data of app (reset the app) and you are good to go HD ;)
seems to me to be faster and smoother than last weekly (so improved indeed) remain to see SOT and standby drain ... in next says

Reactions: leobahlis and zgfg

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
just installed. all good w/o any issues. dirty flash, cleared cache & dalvik and deleted /data/system/package_cache.
boot faster than previous weeklies of MIUI 12.5, all former settings kept as were.
all changelog new features+ fixes confirmed for Mi 9T
to regain L1 widevine for Netflix you must clear all data of app (reset the app) and you are good to go HD ;)
seems to me to be faster and smoother than last weekly (so improved indeed) remain to see SOT and standby drain ... in next says
Dirty flashed 21.1.20 over my 21.1.13 with Magisk, flashed the new Magisk patched boot img, everything ok

Not using Netflix but checked Widewine by two apps, indeed L1 now (on 21.1.13 and earlier they were showing L3)

Attachments

Reactions: leobahlis

DeathStroke47

Aug 15, 2020
There is no longer need of xiaomi.eu for me coz i can flash opengapps beta without making any space in system partition. China rom is always best. ;)

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
just FYI ;)
CHANGELOG

System
New- MIUI 12.5 update [Redmi Note 9 4G / Redmi 9T]
New- New super wallpaper: Weather
Optimization- Restored Widevine L1 support [Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite]. If it isn't restored for you on Netflix (HD badge next to movie's title or Widevine L1 status on Display specifications), try to clear Netflix app data

Clock
Fix- Couldn't dismiss alarm without unlocking the screen lock first

Gallery
Fix- Heavy internet data usage due to libraries being re-downloaded

Settings
New- Activated new "Sound & touch" settings for supported devices [Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10T / Pro, Mi 11, Mi 9 Pro 5G]
Fix- "Individual apps" list for Dark mode loaded slowly or failed to load, and some installed apps and games were missing (excluding system apps)

Security
New - You can see your battery health status in Battery stats now (certain devices)

App vault
New - You can manage wallpaper and App vault cards blur separately on supported devices
Optimization - Tapping search icon launches selected Home screen search bar provider now

so, enjoy !

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
just FYI ;)
CHANGELOG

System
New- MIUI 12.5 update [Redmi Note 9 4G / Redmi 9T]
New- New super wallpaper: Weather
Optimization- Restored Widevine L1 support [Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite]. If it isn't restored for you on Netflix (HD badge next to movie's title or Widevine L1 status on Display specifications), try to clear Netflix app data

Clock
Fix- Couldn't dismiss alarm without unlocking the screen lock first

Gallery
Fix- Heavy internet data usage due to libraries being re-downloaded

Settings
New- Activated new "Sound & touch" settings for supported devices [Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10T / Pro, Mi 11, Mi 9 Pro 5G]
Fix- "Individual apps" list for Dark mode loaded slowly or failed to load, and some installed apps and games were missing (excluding system apps)

Security
New - You can see your battery health status in Battery stats now (certain devices)

App vault
New - You can manage wallpaper and App vault cards blur separately on supported devices
Optimization - Tapping search icon launches selected Home screen search bar provider now

so, enjoy !
Can't enjoy without the firmware (not published yet on Telegram, Source Forge, Xiaomi Firmware Updater)

Hoping to come soon

PS: It shows Update available from Settings / My device, but download (still) fails

Edit: Download:

or enable dektop site and download (seems they are still uploading since the file is only 310 MB - check the size before downloading/installing):

Attachments

Last edited:

raul16

Sep 24, 2020
Bucharest
i prefer AFH for downloads/ updates.
xiaomi.eu loaded new versions 1h ago and all good. i updated my Mi 9T w/o issues, booted ok and checks all new additions from changelog - like the battery status (temp & # full charges).
will check soon if automated tasks fixed (does not exit at end time :( in previous release)
all other OK so far.

Reactions: zgfg