Question Xiaomi.eu for poco f3

Search This thread

ephestione

• Mar 23, 2008
    Rome
    www.ephestione.it
    As the original thread on the xiaomi.eu is for the K40, even if I understand it is the same as POCO F3 which is K40's international version, did people succesfully test the fastboot flashing of that ROM specifically on the POCO F3?

Abaddon

As the original thread on the xiaomi.eu is for the K40, even if I understand it is the same as POCO F3 which is K40's international version, did people succesfully test the fastboot flashing of that ROM specifically on the POCO F3?

Yep. it's basically the same device with difference in firmware and rom installed. Flashed the latest weekly on my F3 with no issues so far.

osemoka

May 13, 2013
    Bydgoszcz
    What are the differences between roms so far? Can anybody list them?
    Why everybody complain about gestures? I can use gestures on my poco f3 with nova luncher with no problems. Global stock firmware

Gestures - swiping on the home screen to open some app or other things right?

Nemix77

• Nov 11, 2011
    Toronto
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    My uderstaning is Xiaomi.EU is based on the latest China rom. It's essentially the Redmi K40's rom 12.0.8.0 date 2021-04-09 with performance/battery tweaks, Chinese apps/bloat removed, ads removed, languages added and don't quote me on this (EU/Global vendor).

Then there's the official European (EEA) rom which just received update 12.0.4.0 date 2021-04-19 that fixes screen dimming, standby battery drain and haptic feedback motor noise.

And lastly there is the official Global rom which is still on 12.0.2.0 date 20201-03-30 which is meant for the rest the world including North America.

The China rom is developed by Xiaomi developers in China. It's has the most features, the latest features and is the most stable.

The Global and European (EEA) roms are developed by Poco and have the Poco lanucher and Google apps as default.

Eventually bug fixes one region receives will be transferred over and implements to other regional roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep. it's basically the same device with difference in firmware and rom installed. Flashed the latest weekly on my F3 with no issues so far.
      My uderstaning is Xiaomi.EU is based on the latest China rom. It's essentially the Redmi K40's rom 12.0.8.0 date 2021-04-09 with performance/battery tweaks, Chinese apps/bloat removed, ads removed, languages added and don't quote me on this (EU/Global vendor).

Then there's the official European (EEA) rom which just received update 12.0.4.0 date 2021-04-19 that fixes screen dimming, standby battery drain and haptic feedback motor noise.

And lastly there is the official Global rom which is still on 12.0.2.0 date 20201-03-30 which is meant for the rest the world including North America.

The China rom is developed by Xiaomi developers in China. It's has the most features, the latest features and is the most stable.

The Global and European (EEA) roms are developed by Poco and have the Poco lanucher and Google apps as default.

Eventually bug fixes one region receives will be transferred over and implements to other regional roms.
      Hey there. I'm also about to flash xiomi.eu rom when my 168h waiting time ends. I wonder if there's possibility to swap back from weekly builds to stable if I would want to. No ARB?

And another question is if we have to clean flash every time there's an update (would be annoying for weeklies) ? Or it has some less inconvinent update mechanizm?
      Going from weekly to stable requires a format. For updating, you have to use the update.bat file in the zip folder instead of the clean install one. Doing so preserves data.
      Is you bootloader unlocked?

Only Fastboot method for now, check out the Xiaomi.EU forums: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...all-xiaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-redmi-k40.60379/
      Weekly has more bugs than stable, right? Have you encountered any bugs yet? My bootloader unlocks tomorrow and I cant decide between weekly and stable.
      I flashed weekly 2 days ago and haven't encountered any bugs, imo it feels better than global stable