Question Xiaomi.eu for poco f3

Search This thread

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Hey there. I'm also about to flash xiomi.eu rom when my 168h waiting time ends. I wonder if there's possibility to swap back from weekly builds to stable if I would want to. No ARB?

And another question is if we have to clean flash every time there's an update (would be annoying for weeklies) ? Or it has some less inconvinent update mechanizm?

ApexPrime

• Hey there. I'm also about to flash xiomi.eu rom when my 168h waiting time ends. I wonder if there's possibility to swap back from weekly builds to stable if I would want to. No ARB?

And another question is if we have to clean flash every time there's an update (would be annoying for weeklies) ? Or it has some less inconvinent update mechanizm?
    Going from weekly to stable requires a format. For updating, you have to use the update.bat file in the zip folder instead of the clean install one. Doing so preserves data.

choobs95

Oct 10, 2010
    Weekly has more bugs than stable, right? Have you encountered any bugs yet? My bootloader unlocks tomorrow and I cant decide between weekly and stable.
    Havent noticed bugs, but it gets weekly fix. Because of the weekly update. It's more stable than global stable rom.
    Just a question... Does it support the incremental OTA, or do you have to reflash the whole thing every week, to keep it updated?
    It automatically downloads the new build weekly OTA to your phone but you need to flash it via fastboot in your PC/mac

Reactions: ApexPrime

ApexPrime

• Anyone tried flashing back the stock fastboot rom? I have little to no succes atm coming from eu rom. lol I get stuck with super.img
    Bro it can take 15-20 mins be patient. Otherwise, you can find stock rom links below.

Reactions: Abaddon

Abaddon

Bro it can take 15-20 mins be patient. Otherwise, you can find stock rom links below.

nvm I fixed it with another cable. turns out the cable that came with the phone doesnt like flashing stock fastboot roms lol thanks!

Last edited:

ephestione

• Mar 23, 2008
    Rome
    www.ephestione.it
    I am on my second flash of the Xiaomi.eu weekly on my 6/128 off Amazon... first one was still dead on the bootloader screen after more than 20 minutes, second one is nearing (or have them passed already?) the 15 minutes mark.
    If anything, I noticed two bootloops from and back to bootloader screen with blank screen in the middle.
    So it's quite unnerving, as stock rom with no root is not useful to me.

EDIT: I'm now probably closer to 30 minutes on the bootloader screen after flashing... no fiurther developments.

Last edited:

ephestione

• Mar 23, 2008
    Rome
    www.ephestione.it
    I didn't :D
    The procedure, when started from elevated command prompt instead of just double clicking on the batch, showed at the very end an error with mk2fs after userdata format. So after a suggestion by ingbrzy on xiaomi.eu I wiped userdata from stock recovery, but nothing changed, stuck on bootloader after reboot.
    I tried flashing after overwriting the img files of the ROM with the updated firmware files, same.
    I am now downloading the stable fastboot ROM vs the weekly one just to see.

But I wonder, why have there been positive feedbacks in this forum and on xiaomi.eu for POCO F3(vs K40), while the flash doesn't seem to be working on a clean, stock, previously unconfigured device?

EDIT: I tried the stable, and it went from bootloader to MIUI screen after just a while, so I am confident it will boot now.

EDIT 2: I am now setting up the stable xiaomi.eu

Last edited:

r3sp

Dec 6, 2010
    I had no problems to flash the latest weekly for the poco f3, I have the poco f3 global from Amazon. So far it's good, my watch works and no strange bugs just the miui clock didn't work but I take the Google clock

ephestione

• Mar 23, 2008
    Rome
    www.ephestione.it
    Yup, you probably flashed the previous weekly which worked fine, the one I tried made me waste two hours thinking there was something wrong with my method instead.
    As soon as I flashed the stable, it booted.

Here's a video of what I did

Reactions: Deedend

r3sp

Dec 6, 2010
    Yup, you probably flashed the previous weekly which worked fine, the one I tried made me waste two hours thinking there was something wrong with my method instead.
    As soon as I flashed the stable, it booted.

Here's a video of what I did

I flashed the latest weekly, strange that it didn't work for you.​

this one I flashed: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.4.22_v12-11-fastboot.zip​

My way was, Unlock, boot then activate USB debugging, USB debugging (safety settings) reboot in fastboot just unzip the Rom and clicked on windows fastboot first install that's all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      As the original thread on the xiaomi.eu is for the K40, even if I understand it is the same as POCO F3 which is K40's international version, did people succesfully test the fastboot flashing of that ROM specifically on the POCO F3?

Yep. it's basically the same device with difference in firmware and rom installed. Flashed the latest weekly on my F3 with no issues so far.
      Hey there. I'm also about to flash xiomi.eu rom when my 168h waiting time ends. I wonder if there's possibility to swap back from weekly builds to stable if I would want to. No ARB?

Going from weekly to stable requires a format. For updating, you have to use the update.bat file in the zip folder instead of the clean install one. Doing so preserves data.
      My uderstaning is Xiaomi.EU is based on the latest China rom. It's essentially the Redmi K40's rom 12.0.8.0 date 2021-04-09 with performance/battery tweaks, Chinese apps/bloat removed, ads removed, languages added and don't quote me on this (EU/Global vendor).

Then there's the official European (EEA) rom which just received update 12.0.4.0 date 2021-04-19 that fixes screen dimming, standby battery drain and haptic feedback motor noise.

And lastly there is the official Global rom which is still on 12.0.2.0 date 20201-03-30 which is meant for the rest the world including North America.

The China rom is developed by Xiaomi developers in China. It's has the most features, the latest features and is the most stable.

The Global and European (EEA) roms are developed by Poco and have the Poco lanucher and Google apps as default.

Eventually bug fixes one region receives will be transferred over and implements to other regional roms.
      Is you bootloader unlocked?

Only Fastboot method for now, check out the Xiaomi.EU forums: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...all-xiaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-redmi-k40.60379/
      Weekly has more bugs than stable, right? Have you encountered any bugs yet? My bootloader unlocks tomorrow and I cant decide between weekly and stable.
      I flashed weekly 2 days ago and haven't encountered any bugs, imo it feels better than global stable
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone