Question Xiaomi EU rom

Search This thread

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
My phone has arrived and in few days, I ll attempt to switch to the EU ROM
(I ve bought a CN unit, which arrived nice and sealed in its box)

So, I ll attempt to follow this guide to the letter: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/howto-install-fastboot-image.64508/

Heading over to sourceforge, I can see that the latest stable releases for my phone are one from AUG and one from MAY i.e.

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip
2022-08-05

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
2022-05-13

But according to that guide, it says "download latest fastboot" image. And thats the older one released in MAY (V13.0.12.0...)

So I presume I cannot use the latest V13.0.13.0 (released in AUG) for this method!?
Is there a fastboot (V13.0.13.0) in the making, so perhaps I could wait a little longer for that?
Or do I just use the one released 6 months ago?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
My phone has arrived and in few days, I ll attempt to switch to the EU ROM
(I ve bought a CN unit, which arrived nice and sealed in its box)

So, I ll attempt to follow this guide to the letter: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/howto-install-fastboot-image.64508/

Heading over to sourceforge, I can see that the latest stable releases for my phone are one from AUG and one from MAY i.e.

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip
2022-08-05

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
2022-05-13

But according to that guide, it says "download latest fastboot" image. And thats the older one released in MAY (V13.0.12.0...)

So I presume I cannot use the latest V13.0.13.0 (released in AUG) for this method!?
Is there a fastboot (V13.0.13.0) in the making, so perhaps I could wait a little longer for that?
Or do I just use the one released 6 months ago?
Without functional TWRP in A12, Xiaomi Eu rom provided roms in Fastboot .zip.
Now that there is a TWRP, the roms are in Zip.
Either you use a Fastboot .zip and update via Ota or you install the Twrp and flash the rom.
For updates you must go through the Ota and not flash directly with the TWRP.

Reactions: jstoner

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
Without functional TWRP in A12, Xiaomi Eu rom provided roms in Fastboot .zip.
Now that there is a TWRP, the roms are in Zip.
Either you use a Fastboot .zip and update via Ota or you install the Twrp and flash the rom.
For updates you must go through the Ota and not flash directly with the TWRP.
Regarding TWRP, do I get the latest version (skkk) or the one from TeamWin? (because both are intended for 11 Ultra I think - codenamed "star")
My guess is skkk, which also says "A12"

Then I can use "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip", which seems to be latest

I plan to use this guide - I hope it is accurate (it says "unofficial"!)

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Regarding TWRP, do I get the latest version (skkk) or the one from TeamWin? (because both are intended for 11 Ultra I think - codenamed "star")

Then I can use "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip", which seems to be latest

Official here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/star/

mclephane

May 20, 2016
Just done the same thing yesterday. Use 3.70_12-v6.5_A12-star-skk.img. I had problems with fastboot V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM_v13-12-fastboot had failed status read failed (too many links) errors. But think that's just my adb setup in Windows 11. So just used fastboot to boot twrp. Then in twrp flashed twrp to ramdisk reboot to recovery and flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip formatted data reboot to systsem. Working V13.0.13.0. I ended up just copying V13.0.13.0.zip and twrp to a flash drive mounted OTG in twrp and installed. Only because of issues with laptop.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
The installation remains the same
https://xdaforums.com/t/twrp-mi-11-pro-ultra-mars-star.4280313/

If you install a xiaomi Eu rom (twrp included) check the version of Twrp and update it if necessary.
Now, I ve backed up everything and was about to flash the phone to latest stable MIUI
But just realised v14 was released in the meantime, in December

But for the 11 Ultra, there is only weekly ROM available (no stable)
Looks like I ll have to extend my wait

As for v13, I can still see that the latest is xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip
I wonder - will there be another v13 release for this phone?
Should I go with this latest v13 or wait for the first stable v14 (star) release?
Sometimes, having been presented with choices, makes it so hard to decide! But for sure, I need a stable build for this phone..

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Now, I ve backed up everything and was about to flash the phone to latest stable MIUI
But just realised v14 was released in the meantime, in December

But for the 11 Ultra, there is only weekly ROM available (no stable)
Looks like I ll have to extend my wait

As for v13, I can still see that the latest is xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12.zip
I wonder - will there be another v13 release for this phone?
Should I go with this latest v13 or wait for the first stable v14 (star) release?
Sometimes, having been presented with choices, makes it so hard to decide! But for sure, I need a stable build for this phone..
Whether Weekly or stable, both are based on the Chinese rom.
For the stable you will have to wait while Xiaomi releases the rom.
I use the Weekly when available and they are really "stable".
Note that if you install a Weekly and move to the stable you will have to format the data.
Also going from A12 to A13, formatting the data is not mandatory but I recommend it.

Last edited:

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
Whether Weekly or stable, both are based on the Chinese rom.
For the stable you will have to wait while Xiaomi releases the rom.
I use the Weekly when available and they are really "stable".
Note that if you install a Weekly and move to the stable you will have to format the data.
Also going from A12 to A13, formatting the data is not mandatory but I recommend it.
Ah, OK - so there's no 'stable' MIUI v14 for the 11 Ultra yet? I get it..

As for the format consideration, I m a huge fan of clean installs too. I guess I ll go with v13 for the time being, as I don't have much of a time luxury to wait for the official stable v14..

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
Seems like it v14 (stable) has just been released for the 11 Ultra!

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip

But is this ROM meant to be installed via fastboot or twrp?
In my mind, it is still not clear what the difference is between fastboot and twrp

I can only presume that twrp is essentially a GUI (vs just typing commands in fastboot!?) But I m not really sure anymore

I ve been an Galaxy S series user over the last years. Back then, I used to flash a new ROM via "Odin". Was that using the twrp method or fastboot? I m sorry, but I m totally confused now

Since twrp is an extra software that needs to be installed on the phone - isn't that come with any drawbacks? What is the more 'clean' approach to installing an MIUI on the 11 Ultra?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Seems like it v14 (stable) has just been released for the 11 Ultra!

But is this ROM meant to be installed via fastboot or twrp?
In my mind, it is still not clear what the difference is between fastboot and twrp

I can only presume that twrp is essentially a GUI (vs just typing commands in fastboot!?) But I m not really sure anymore

I ve been an Galaxy S series user over the last years. Back then, I used to flash a new ROM via "Odin". Was that using the twrp method or fastboot? I m sorry, but I m totally confused now

Since twrp is an extra software that needs to be installed on the phone - isn't that come with any drawbacks? What is the more 'clean' approach to installing an MIUI on the 11 Ultra?
Yep, TWRP avoids typing command lines.https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/star/
Two version of roms:
Rom.Fastboot.zip to install with a pc with the Bat file included in the rom folder.
Provided this way if no working TWRP.

Rom.Zip to install via OTA.
If this is a first installation you will have to install the TWRP first then TWRP / wipe format data type Yes (this will erase all your data) and reboot to the TWRp and flash the rom, then the updates will be done via OTA/TWRP.

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
Provided this way if no working TWRP.
So basically you imply that recovery (TWRP) is the preferred path
If I understood correctly, the biggest (?) advantage of chosing a recovery ROM (instead of a fastboot one) is the benefit of having OTA afterwards, right? (and maybe simplicity of having the GUI - that is TWRP)

Now, to put this the other way - what's the disadvantage of chosing the recovery ROM over a fastboot one? Is there any? (other than the need to have to install an 'extra layer' - that is TWRP)

So that ROM that was just released (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip) is a recovery ROM. right? If so, the latest twrp (v3.7.0 from https://eu.dl.twrp.me/star/) will work for this brand new MIUI 14?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
If I understood correctly, the biggest (?) advantage of chosing a recovery ROM (instead of a fastboot one) is the benefit of having OTA afterwards, right? (and maybe simplicity of having the GUI - that is TWRP)

Now, to put this the other way - what's the disadvantage of chosing the recovery ROM over a fastboot one? Is there any? (other than the need to have to install an 'extra layer' - that is TWRP)

So that ROM that was just released (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip) is a recovery ROM. right? If so, the latest twrp (v3.7.0 from https://eu.dl.twrp.me/star/) will work for this brand new MIUI 14?
For Xiaomi EU roms regardless of whether they are in ZIP or Fastboot.zip only the way of installing them is different.
For Stock roms, those in Recovery are used for updating or troubleshooting, they only contain the essentials, unlike those in Fastboot containing all the Imgs of the phone.
For the TWRP, you must take into account the version of Android A12 or A13, not Miui13 or 14.
The link https://eu.dl.twrp.me/star/ is obsolete, the one I posted is the official one developed by SKKK.

use
twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.9_A13-star-skkk.img

The first boot of the rom takes 5/8 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jstoner and Bobfish

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
For Xiaomi EU roms regardless of whether they are in ZIP or Fastboot.zip only the way of installing them is different.
For Stock roms, those in Recovery are used for updating or troubleshooting, they only contain the essentials, unlike those in Fastboot containing all the Imgs of the phone.
For the TWRP, you must take into account the version of Android A12 or A13, not Miui13 or 14.
The link https://eu.dl.twrp.me/star/ is obsolete, the one I posted is the official one developed by SKKK.

use

I ll prob do it in the weekend
From what I read, I also have to unlock the bootloader and from a security PoV, I m not really happy about that, but no way around it. Just can't live with the stock CN ROM
Not sure if unlocking the bootloader takes time or if it is instateneous (via the MI website)

As for my concerns over the method (twrp vs fastboot), it would seem that the fastboot is probably more 'clean'
No disrespect towards the developers who made the twrp possible - thus making it so much easier for people to fiddle with ROMS on their mobile and at no cost, but regardless of that, it is still an extra piece of software that resides on the phone. Just the way I understand it. Again, not looking down at twrp

What do you mean by "fastboot containing all the imgs..."?
Isn't it one single image per phone model?
Or did you mean to say 'features' or 'apps'?
Personally, I d be more interested in less/apps/fancy features (except for security of course)

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I ll prob do it in the weekend
From what I read, I also have to unlock the bootloader and from a security PoV, I m not really happy about that, but no way around it. Just can't live with the stock CN ROM
Not sure if unlocking the bootloader takes time or if it is instateneous (via the MI website)

As for my concerns over the method (twrp vs fastboot), it would seem that the fastboot is probably more 'clean'
No disrespect towards the developers who made the twrp possible - thus making it so much easier for people to fiddle with ROMS on their mobile and at no cost, but regardless of that, it is still an extra piece of software that resides on the phone. Just the way I understand it. Again, not looking down at twrp

What do you mean by "fastboot containing all the imgs..."?
Isn't it one single image per phone model?
Or did you mean to say 'features' or 'apps'?
Personally, I d be more interested in less/apps/fancy features (except for security of course)
As said above, this only concerns stock roms(recovery/fastboot), not xiaomi Eu roms, whether in Zip or Fastboot, it's the same, only the installation method differs.
Unlocking the bootloader takes at least 168 hours before finalization (time to study a bit);).
The latest Stable or Weekly versions are in Zip, so with TWRP.

Unlock
https://new.c.mi.com/global/post/101245
https://en.miui.com/unlock/index.html

jstoner

Aug 17, 2014
Unfortunately, the more I read, the more I m getting kind of disappointed with things 'Xiaomi'

In order to get the unlock process started (1 week..really??), I need to download the MI drivers. OK

So I m trying to search "official" MI drivers and they are nowhere to be found!

All I get is this https://xiaomidriver.com/ which claims to host the official drivers (!)
How can this be for the image of a reputable brand?
How can Xiaomi not hosting themselves all these useful tools like all other major vendors do (in their own domain!)?
How me, as an end user, is supposed to verify authenticity of a driver found on a xyz domain claiming to be the official one?
What's more, at the bottom of this page it says "xiaomidriver.com is not endorsed or affiliated to Xiaomi..."
I mean seriously???

I purchased this phone for its hardware capabilities but is there nothing more than that?
I mean, I get Xiaomi not wanting to encourage people mess with the ROMS. After all, some will end up bricking their phone and then they ll chase up Xiaomi for this
But Xiaomi not hosting something as so very basic as a USB driver??? This can't be right

Even that official page kindly provided by NOSS8 earlier, states "ensure your PC has necessary Mi USB drivers and platform tools" Well...where am I supposed to get these from? The first random site I google up?

After bashing my head around this, I eventually found an official link (from miui.com), for obtaining the flash tool from which I can do a workaround to extract the drivers....c'mon!!

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Unfortunately, the more I read, the more I m getting kind of disappointed with things 'Xiaomi'

In order to get the unlock process started (1 week..really??), I need to download the MI drivers. OK
It is very simple.
The installation of the drivers is done with Mi Unlock (gear at the top right) then check:
Capture d’écran 2022-08-14 183153.png

Also download platform tools which would be useful for installing TWRP or performing certain Fastboot operations.

Last edited:

Reezwan

Aug 30, 2015
@NOSS8 I tried installing xiaomi.eu Rom MIUI14 on the Mi 11 pro. It booted and everything but whatsapp and camera was not working. Whatsapp not syncing, camera asks for SD card?

So I decided to downgrade to MIUI 13 from Aug 2022 the version in this post above. This is what I did:

1. Fastboot TWRP latest skkk for A12.
2. Flash from TWRP last stable MIUI 13 Rom
3. Phone restarts fine but goes in to loop after connecting to wifi. Please note I have done format data before and after flash
4. I rebooted the ROM to recovery it asks for pin, then says wrong password, failed mount.

Please advise. What should I do? I am happy to toll back to MIUI13 as I am not sure what is going on with MIUI 14. How do solve this problem? Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry i dont have the xiaomi.eu weekly rom but i know that eliterom is based on it so i guess the files and folders inside are similar if not the same. As far as i see it is very similar. I just wanted to show him step by step what to do.
    To be hones it is hard to determine what exactly is the topic :D bcs he wants an EU rom which is not buggy and everything works fine, has saftynet and etc passed, doesnt want twrp.
    I'm not a pro and just wanted to help with my little knowledge. Peace :)
    Whether it's a Weekly or a stable, the scripts are the same on Xiaomi Eu roms.
    And the thread title is Xiaomi EU rom.
    This is the way...;)

use

Why post the script of the Elite rom which is different from the Xiaomi EU rom which is the topic on this thread.
    Sorry i dont have the xiaomi.eu weekly rom but i know that eliterom is based on it so i guess the files and folders inside are similar if not the same. As far as i see it is very similar. I just wanted to show him step by step what to do.
    To be hones it is hard to determine what exactly is the topic :D bcs he wants an EU rom which is not buggy and everything works fine, has saftynet and etc passed, doesnt want twrp.
    I'm not a pro and just wanted to help with my little knowledge. Peace :)
    Hey, its all cool
    I ve decided to try the weekly (.eu)
    I m just not fond of having to go the TWRP way
    Even though TWRP offers a GUI, for me the Fastboot way is far more user friendly - as you can't make mistakes really. You just need to have the device in Fastboot mode, connect it, and run the .BAT. Nothing can go wrong other than the phone not properly connected (worse case, unable to flash). That's gotta worth something

I just hope that I m lucky as far as stability goes, as the weekly is essentially 'BETA'
    And looking at the "DEV" threads for each weekly, it's really hard to tell which is a more 'stable' weekly
    I hope that the few quirks I ve noticed with the latest stable (V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM) are sorted here
    If not, I see no other way but to try EEA (which I don't think will have the same issues)

For what is worth, I ll post my impressions here as I go along
    Indeed, they are called BETA but for the used for several years on different Xiaomi, I can say that they are really Stable.
    Beta for a Xiaomi Eu rom, does not mean a starting rom tending to evolve towards stable as for the AOSP rom which starts in Alpha then Beta etc..

If you installed an EEA, you will need Rooter+Magisk+zygisk+Safety net module.

As a reminder, the DEV versions are the most advanced versions with the latest developments, the Stables are deployed after the DEV and are not always free of bugs..

Official here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/star/