• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Xiaomi EU - Without Ads?

Search This thread

SlideCan

Jul 4, 2021
This ROM for the F3 is without ads?
Because I see have some ads on the global rom and that is not great at all...
and it was better without bloated?

Morak75

SlideCan

Jul 4, 2021
You need twrp yep. Not root. It's not that complicated. Begin by unlocking the bootloader. You can find the to-do on xiaomi.eu topic.
Change from stock to xiaomi.eu is life changer ^^

That's not relevant. Topic is about xiaomi.eu ;)
I dont if buy this one because of problems like green tint and proximity sensor..
And why that is life changer? the global really awful?

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
I dont if buy this one because of problems like green tint and proximity sensor..
And why that is life changer? the global really awful?
I started out if the box with global, then miui.eu and now MMX (without any ads too). Never had to suffer from any green tin nor proximity sensor issues at all.
Phone purchased in Europe (The Netherlands).
This being said, if, like me you hate ads, and if you decide to root your phone which is really not complicated with TWRP installed, just install adaway, and you will be rid of ads entirely !

SlideCan

Jul 4, 2021
I started out if the box with global, then miui.eu and now MMX (without any ads too). Never had to suffer from any green tin nor proximity sensor issues at all.
This being said, if, like me you hate ads, and if you decide to root your phone which is really not complicated with TWRP installed, just install adaway, and you will be rid of ads entirely !
I dont know if buy one..
Xiaomi eu is a lot better?
I dont know if I wanna root and something because that is void warranty

Morak75

I dont know if buy one..
Xiaomi eu is a lot better?
I dont know if I wanna root and something because that is void warranty
It is a lot better. I tried the stock global for a week or two and it was full of bugs and pré-installed apps that I couldn't remove easily.
It doesn't void warranty if you don't root or something. Xiaomi is cool about that.

Anyway, topic subject has been answered I think, no need to ask about other things 👍🏻

SlideCan

Jul 4, 2021
It is a lot better. I tried the stock global for a week or two and it was full of bugs and pré-installed apps that I couldn't remove easily.
It doesn't void warranty if you don't root or something. Xiaomi is cool about that.

Anyway, topic subject has been answered I think, no need to ask about other things 👍🏻
I pretty surely if I change the rom the warranty is void.

thomas.dh

Oct 13, 2013
Did you have green tint and proximity sensor issues on the global stock rom? Purchases mine at mediamarkt and have those issues..

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Did you have green tint and proximity sensor issues on the global stock rom? Purchases mine at mediamarkt and have those issues..
No, I don't remember having this issue at anytime, even when I opened the box with MIUI global ROM.
As I see that there are other lucky users without any issues (no green tin nor proximity sensor issues), I suppose it's depending on the production batch of the phone or of some of its components.

thomas.dh

Oct 13, 2013
No, I don't remember having this issue at anytime, even when I opened the box with MIUI global ROM.
As I see that there are other lucky users without any issues (no green tin nor proximity sensor issues), I suppose it's depending on the production batch of the phone or of some of its components.
Thank for your response! Where did you buy your phone? And would you advise to go back to the store with those issues?

Unlocking of the bootloader is made available to make sure that MIUI developer ROMs can be tested by users and will be covered under warranty. Bootloader unlocking does not inherently void your hardware warranty. But a case where the unlocking results in a brick which cannot be fixed via software, the warranty will be void.

According to the statement, bootloader unlock is made available for users to try MIUI developer ROMs. And thus, it will not void the warranty of any Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone. But if the device bricks after unlocking and could not be fixed via software, then the warranty will be void.

Reactions: nikosrs4

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Thank for your response! Where did you buy your phone? And would you advise to go back to the store with those issues?
I buy my phone from Coolblue.be, but nothing will guarantee that another batch will be the same.
This being said, due to the diversity of situations and given the (possible) possibility of a software solution, I don't want to advise you anything.

panchovix

Mar 19, 2012
Santiago
Chilean here with a Poco F3 since not too long ago, haven't had green tint issue or proximity sensor issue, I guess it depends of manufacturing date of the phone? (Tested many times, for the green tint tested black/gray/dark gray images at min brightness and 120Hz since the issue seems more noticeable like that, no issues so far)

Still have base ROM without unlocking bootloader nor installing other ROM, last time I had a S8+ and honestly root and custom rom weren't that worth it tbh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But I need root and TWRP to install that?
    some annoying proceed when this phone is new.
    You need twrp yep. Not root. It's not that complicated. Begin by unlocking the bootloader. You can find the to-do on xiaomi.eu topic.
    Change from stock to xiaomi.eu is life changer ^^

AOSP ROMs don't have ads 😉
    That's not relevant. Topic is about xiaomi.eu ;)
    But I need root and TWRP to install that?
    some annoying proceed when this phone is new.
    This ROM for the F3 is without ads?
    Because I see have some ads on the global rom and that is not great at all...
    and it was better without bloated?
    AOSP ROMs don't have ads 😉
    Unlocking of the bootloader is made available to make sure that MIUI developer ROMs can be tested by users and will be covered under warranty. Bootloader unlocking does not inherently void your hardware warranty. But a case where the unlocking results in a brick which cannot be fixed via software, the warranty will be void.

According to the statement, bootloader unlock is made available for users to try MIUI developer ROMs. And thus, it will not void the warranty of any Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone. But if the device bricks after unlocking and could not be fixed via software, then the warranty will be void.