• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Xiaomi K40 Became A Brick

Search This thread

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi peeps, my Xiaomi K40 now became a brick because it can't be installed any ROM, I've tried using TWRP and also mi flash tool but nothing helps.
When using TWRP I've tried two methods:
1/ adb sideload
2/ Install from a zip file which is pushed to device using adb push command(because now the device doesn't have any OS)
But in both cases it shown:

Failed to mount '/system_root' (Block device required)
Failed to mount '/system_ext' (Block device required)
Failed to mount '/product' (Block device required)
Failed to mount '/vendor' (Block device required)
Failed to mount '/odm' (Block device required)

I've also tried to wipe all data using Advance Wipe option to repair the partition but no hope.
Any one has solution for this case? thanks in advance!

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Hi peeps, my Xiaomi K40 now became a brick because it can't be installed any ROM, I've tried using TWRP and also mi flash tool but nothing helps.
When using TWRP I've tried two methods:
1/ adb sideload
2/ Install from a zip file which is pushed to device using adb push command(because now the device doesn't have any OS)
But in both cases it shown:

I've also tried to wipe all data using Advance Wipe option to repair the partition but no hope.
Any one has solution for this case? thanks in advance!
do you still have your fastboot mode on your phone?

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Mi flash didn't recognized my phone.

Yes I do.
listen to me, first if you are on windows 10 you should disable driver signature enforcement on your pc search it on google after disabling you should restart your pc, next step is to install xiaomi flash tool latest (02262021) version after installing the software open it, at the right upper of the software you will see drivers click it and click install after installing, reboot your phone into fastboot mode using volume down and power button, connect your phone to pc and click refresh on xiaomi flash tool if you're phone is detected please come back here let me know

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
listen to me, first if you are on windows 10 you should disable driver signature enforcement on your pc search it on google after disabling you should restart your pc, next step is to install xiaomi flash tool latest (02262021) version after installing the software open it, at the right upper of the software you will see drivers click it and click install after installing, reboot your phone into fastboot mode using volume down and power button, connect your phone to pc and click refresh on xiaomi flash tool if you're phone is detected please come back here let me know
I did this before but no hope, I don't know if the problem is I'm using a macbook and run windows 10 via bootcamp, I don't have an actual windows computer.
P.S, I upload the latest status.
IMG_0003.JPG

Last edited:

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
last week I was in a similar situation like yours just twrp and all partition screwed up.
well what saved me was to put dot os 5.2 on a USB c pen drive and then simply installing it from trwp (choosing USB pen as source) after literally 5-10 minutes phones came back to life.
let me know if it works for you.
also if twrp throws any error during installation just ignore them for me after flash completed phone booted just fine

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
last week I was in a similar situation like yours just twrp and all partition screwed up.
well what saved me was to put dot os 5.2 on a USB c pen drive and then simply installing it from trwp (choosing USB pen as source) after literally 5-10 minutes phones came back to life.
let me know if it works for you.
also if twrp throws any error during installation just ignore them for me after flash completed phone booted just fine
I put a miui rom in a usb type c then connect into my phone, then boot into TWRP, and in Install option, I didn't see any option likes "USB pen"

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
I put a miui rom in a usb type c then connect into my phone, then boot into TWRP, and in Install option, I didn't see any option likes "USB pen"
I said USB pen to make sure you choose it from TWRP install I think the righ name is external storage or something similar anyway it seems you are doing things the right way I am quite sure u ll bring phone back to life.
I think muiu room is just fine, should it fails try crDroid or dot os (do not try arrow or lineage)

Anurag3100

Apr 19, 2020
Bruh I have a very simple solution I guess it might help you
Well first update to latest official twrp custom recovey for your device then
Navigate to Wipe
advance Wipe
Select data and choose Repair or Change File System
Press Repair File System to see if this fixes the issue. If not, continue.
Press Change File System, choose Ext2, and swipe to confirm.
now switch back to Ext4 and swipe to confirm.
i hope this might help you BTW then flash your first custom rom using a sd card or usb if succeeded then flash every stuff as usual 🤗

Reactions: reborn2020

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Navigate to Wipe
advance Wipe
i hope this might help you BTW then flash your first custom rom using a sd card or usb if succeeded then flash every stuff as usual 🤗
Thanks, I've tried this before, unfortunately still can't solve my problem. Finally I decided to bring my phone to a technician.

Anurag3100

Apr 19, 2020
Try fastboot erase userdata in cmd after taking your device to fastboot mode
Kinda check different twrp I think your twrp is having any problems plz flash your twrp once again
I hope this will surely work for you my friend. 😅

Last edited:

SamantaSync

Feb 28, 2013
Isla de Muerta
Xiaomi Poco F3
if you still have your fastboot mode (turn off then hold power + vol. down), you should check your pc driver if adb and fastboot driver installed properly, then try flashing stock rom (dont relock your bootloader), I think what cause the brick is encrypted storage that get accessed by twrp, even if you decrypt it using password, you can still brick the phone by manually mount some partition in twrp

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you all of your help, peeps. Finally I solved my problem by the help of a technician. Because only technician has access to Xiaomi internal tools, these are "Hardware-Level" which could help in these cases.

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
He
Thank you all of your help, peeps. Finally I solved my problem by the help of a technician. Because only technician has access to Xiaomi internal tools, these are "Hardware-Level" which could help in these cases.
Hello, glad you solved your issue, but can you please explain briefly how hardware was bricked since you were already able to reach fastboot & twrp? Since it's known that when you can boot to fastboot, it's a softbrick

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
He

Hello, glad you solved your issue, but can you please explain briefly how hardware was bricked since you were already able to reach fastboot & twrp? Since it's known that when you can boot to fastboot, it's a softbrick
I can boot to fastboot but I can't do anything with fastboot becuase I wiped out anything on my phone include "firmware" maybe, I don't know, sorry but this's not my major so I can't explain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash your device in EDL mode.
    Please refer to the post below on how to bypass edl mode authentication.

[GUIDE] How to bypass authentication and flash in EDL with NO auth for FREE!​

Thanks to VD171 for his post.
    I think your device is having a Snapdragon Chipset. Sorry but you may try to search on google for contact to person who has authorised edl account to flash a Snapdragon based phone.
    Navigate to Wipe
    advance Wipe