Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro camera faces serious problems and looks like a hardware issue

BaconTrousers

Mine does suffer this lens issue but it's no where near as bad as the video shown.

Although in many scenarios the main camera of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro delivers at least good results, disaster often strikes when facing various light sources such as the sun and the moon, but not limited to them. In these cases, the results include reflections and artefacts that simply ruin the photos or videos.

Sub8

Jan 31, 2009
Marija Bistrica
Mine does suffer this lens issue but it's no where near as bad as the video shown.

Mine does suffer this lens issue too and it is bad as shown, but im not worried about it. (Cant upload image..)

Reactions: Shubham2222

Thelock1

Sep 5, 2019
I have the same problem on mi 10t (not pro). Sometimes bright lights make the photo look foggy in some areas due to lens flare. Tried with Gcam and Open camera too. I think the lens (or the camera glass) is the same as mi 10t pro's.

Last edited:

KodrutZ

Jun 2, 2020
Guys, I wrote the NBC article. Here'a follow-up - Google Camera apparently takes care of the effect a bit. In the meantime, I noticed SEVERE optical distortion at the borders of the frame in most scenarios. Nothing wrong with lens flare, it's sometimes nice to shoot contre-jour photos, but the Mi 10T Pro seems to deliver lens flare even with smaller light sources. Oh, and don't get me started on color problems...