• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Xiaomi Mi 11 Global on Verizon?

Search This thread

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Same here. I had to get a Mint Mobile sim for it. They use T-Mobile's Network and if you put the IMEI on T-Mobile's checker, it will say it isn't compatible but it is. Works fine on Mint except my house happens to be a T-Mobile dead zone. Oddly enough, customer service at Mint Mobile will also tell you that it's not compatible if you contact them about it. Kind of annoying, honestly

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Same here. I had to get a Mint Mobile sim for it. They use T-Mobile's Network and if you put the IMEI on T-Mobile's checker, it will say it isn't compatible but it is. Works fine on Mint except my house happens to be a T-Mobile dead zone. Oddly enough, customer service at Mint Mobile will also tell you that it's not compatible if you contact them about it. Kind of annoying, honestly
You can enable wifi calling and VOLTE thru T-Mobile via the secret dialer codes. Google it.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Thanks! This is very helpful. I'll look it into once I'm done flashing the Global rom. It came with EEA version on mine. Though, I've been hearing better things about the EEA variant so I might flash back after I test drive the Global one a bit

sc954rr

Aug 25, 2015
NJ
It should work on vzw, my mi 11 ultra CN rom is working right now and is sitting on band 2. I did notice though I had no signal until I disabled carrier check for volte thru the dialer with the hidden code and after I rebooted it worked on vzw. Just make sure your sim is activated in another phone first and you be good to go. Also Depending on where you live and availability of other bands your service will definitely not be the same but honestly in NJ and NYC I haven't noticed a difference yet.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
It should work on vzw, my mi 11 ultra CN rom is working right now and is sitting on band 2. I did notice though I had no signal until I disabled carrier check for volte thru the dialer with the hidden code and after I rebooted it worked on vzw. Just make sure your sim is activated in another phone first and you be good to go. Also Depending on where you live and availability of other bands your service will definitely not be the same but honestly in NJ and NYC I haven't noticed a difference yet.
Yeah, I think it's all band 13 where I live, more of a rural area. However, I will try to disable carrier check and see how it goes. Actually have a Verizon signal extender at my house but hotswapping the vzw sim resulted in no signal.