Question Xiaomi Mi 11 Global ROM not consistent 120hz.

Search This thread

RebornCheiko

Oct 18, 2016
Cebu City
I ordered a Xiaomi Mi 11 Global edition.

It is MIUI 12.0.3.0 Global out of the box.
I noticed that the 120hz is not consistent and stable. I am not sure if this is because MIUI lacks optimization or the apps I am using is not yet optimized for 120hz.

For example, when I browse a photo to be uploaded in facebook, the entire display shifts back to 60hz. Or when I scroll down a long post/thread in Reddit, Facebook, Twitter and other social media, the display scales back down to 60hz. I believe this is not a hardware issue, since the Snapdragon888 is more than capable of running this task.

Multi-tasking and opening the recent menu shifts the display to 90hz.

When playing games that only support 60hz, the frame rate begins to stutter, so I have to turn the refresh rate to 60hz.

I have to restart the phone to turn back to 120hz to fix these issues. Is this caused by adaptive refresh rate?

I also tried turning the display down to 1080p, still no luck.

I am considering flashing the EU ROM, hoping things would be fine. It is unfortunate that I could not fully enjoy the 1440p + 120hz display of the Mi 11.

Xiaomi should not spam phones into the market every month, so their software developers could focus more on optimization, since there would be less devices.

ralovesoc

Oct 11, 2020
Iasi
Xiaomi Mi 11

I noticed that the 120hz is not consistent and stable. I am not sure if this is because MIUI lacks optimization or the apps I am using is not yet optimized for 120hz.

For example, when I browse a photo to be uploaded in facebook, the entire display shifts back to 60hz. Or when I scroll down a long post/thread in Reddit, Facebook, Twitter and other social media, the display scales back down to 60hz. I believe this is not a hardware issue, since the Snapdragon888 is more than capable of running this task.

When playing games that only support 60hz, the frame rate begins to stutter, so I have to turn the refresh rate to 60hz.

I have to restart the phone to turn back to 120hz to fix these issues. Is this caused by adaptive refresh rate?

I am considering flashing the EU ROM, hoping things would be fine. It is unfortunate that I could not fully enjoy the 1440p + 120hz display of the Mi 11.

Xiaomi should not spam phones into the market every month, so their software developers could focus more on optimization, since there would be less devices.
You can force 120hz all the time by setting the minimum refresh rate to 120hz, using the following commands in ADB :
- adb shell
- settings put system min_refresh_rate 120

Reactions: megapro17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings / Display / Display resolution / when you use WQHD+ underneath uncheck / Save battery with WQHD

You can force 120hz all the time by setting the minimum refresh rate to 120hz, using the following commands in ADB :
    - adb shell
    - settings put system min_refresh_rate 120