Question Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra usb type version ?

Search This thread

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
It's really disgraceful to use the best CPU money can buy , best ram, fastest ufs storage , best display , best charger and then go cheap on something like a USB 2.0 port.....

Someone who thought this was a good idea should be fired....

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
The USB Type-C Specification states that it must support at least the following standards, otherwise a Type-C connector cannot be used:

• USB 2.0 Specification
USB 3.1 Specification
• USB Power Delivery Specification, Revision 2.0 (3.0)
• USB Billboard Device Class Specification, Revision 1.2
• USB Battery Charging Specification, Revision 1.2

IronSingh

Nov 2, 2010
Kuwait
Xiaomi Mi 11
I have not received my Mi 11 Ultra yet, but I believe it should work when using a Displaylink USB to HDMI Adapter and installing the Displaylink App on the phone. With USB 2.0 it should work fine for resolutions up to Full HD.
I already tried it.

I had to power the USB C adapter then I plugged the Displaylink adapter to the USB C adapter.

It would not work without power.

Reactions: speedtripler

IronSingh

Nov 2, 2010
Kuwait
Xiaomi Mi 11
Could you please send me the link to the adapter you used and the process of how you got it working?
I use this

CableCreation USB HDMI Adapter(DisplayLink Chip), USB 3.0 to HDMI External Display Graphics Adapter Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DX33L5...abc_D4RSEZX9P70E6V3KSFR4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You need any USB C hub with a USB B A 3.0 hub and PD pass through.

Something like this
USB C Hub - TISOFU USB C Adapter with 4K HDMI USB3.0 SD/TF Card Reader 100W PD, 7 in 1 Type C Adapter Compatible for MacBook Pro, USB C Laptops Nintendo, Type C Devices(Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099WTZGM...abc_R2F1P2X1274TN188EYAV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Then you need to give the hub power and then plug the displaylink adapter and the HDMI from displaylink to your video out device

Open the displaylink app on your phone and then plug your phone in.

Give it a few seconds if it didn't detect replug the USB C hub.

It's a messy dangle of wires but it works

Top Liked Posts