• find a Custom ROM ( as Lineage OS ) what is based on Android 9
then you can give it a try.

Timmmmaaahh

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
Soo can i go 9?
Yes. This will in most cases work. However! Because there will be so many different components, it is much advised to make it a clean flash. You could, theoretically, dirty flash a few android versions onward if the base (eg. AOSP) is the same and it may work without any implications but some will likely arise in the future.

Essentially, flashing the Android OS is the similar to installing Windows on a computer. You can install Windows for workgroups 3.11 on a system, format C:, then install Windows 10. Both versions will work fine independently and you can install any version at any time. If you'd upgrade from Vista to 10 (dirty), though, things may get a bit ugly.

Another aspect to consider is official vs. aftermarket support. It's smart to flash the latest official release before diving into the wonderful world of ROMs. Take the OnePlus One from 2014 for example. That one needed to be flashed with CyanogenMod 13 to work properly with any subsequent systems, including Android 11 today. This was due to an ugly breakup between CM and OnePlus. CM13 (Android 6) was the last version that contained proper hardware drivers all newer systems are based on so if you jumped from CM12 (Android 5) to LineageOS 15 (Android 8), that usually delivered some issues, while flashing from CM13 to LOS15 was no problem.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

H3ST0RI4

Jan 21, 2021
Yes. This will in most cases work. However! Because there will be so many different components, it is much advised to make it a clean flash. You could, theoretically, dirty flash a few android versions onward if the base (eg. AOSP) is the same and it may work without any implications but some will likely arise in the future.

Essentially, flashing the Android OS is the similar to installing Windows on a computer. You can install Windows for workgroups 3.11 on a system, format C:, then install Windows 10. Both versions will work fine independently and you can install any version at any time. If you'd upgrade from Vista to 10 (dirty), though, things may get a bit ugly.

Another aspect to consider is official vs. aftermarket support. It's smart to flash the latest official release before diving into the wonderful world of ROMs. Take the OnePlus One from 2014 for example. That one needed to be flashed with CyanogenMod 13 to work properly with any subsequent systems, including Android 11 today. This was due to an ugly breakup between CM and OnePlus. CM13 (Android 6) was the last version that contained proper hardware drivers all newer systems are based on so if you jumped from CM12 (Android 5) to LineageOS 15 (Android 8), that usually delivered some issues, while flashing from CM13 to LOS15 was no problem.

Good luck and let us know how it went!
Nope No Success in my Xiaomi mi 2 aries

I already done all the installation guide. plus my phone got bricked by an ERROR 7 wtf plus my phone cant mount my internal storage, INTERNAL STORAGE 0mb. I already did all the guide to fix it but no success plus my phone cant install some compatible xiaomi mi 2 aries stock firmwares.

the firmware that started a WWII in my phone: https://www.getdroidtips.com/mokee-os-8-1-oreo-mi-2-mi2s/

and my xiaomi cant install any xiaomi mi 2 aries firmware but
it can only install this: http://lhrom.bhost.pl/ but still INTERNAL STORAGE 0mb

soo thats why i ask this question if i can upgrade my lollipop to pie without 6, 7, and 8 ;)

H3ST0RI4

Jan 21, 2021
If you
  • can unlock phone's bootloader,
  • can flash a suitable Custom Recovery ( as TWRP ),
  • find a Custom ROM ( as Lineage OS ) what is based on Android 9
then you can give it a try.

I already done all the installation guide. plus my phone got bricked by an ERROR 7 wtf plus my phone cant mount my internal storage, INTERNAL STORAGE 0mb. I already did all the guide to fix it but no success plus my phone cant install some compatible xiaomi mi 2 aries stock firmwares.

the firmware that started a WWII in my phone: https://www.getdroidtips.com/mokee-os-8-1-oreo-mi-2-mi2s/

soo thats why i ask this question if i can upgrade my lollipop to pie without 6, 7, and 8 ;)

Bhanu8082

Dec 26, 2020

bro, try this android 9 rom

and ya if you got error 7 then just change first 2 line of update script
and for internal storage use remount and create command using inbuilt terminal in twrp.

if you need command for creating internal storage just google it and ya like the post if it helped

H3ST0RI4

Jan 21, 2021

and for internal storage use remount and create command using inbuilt terminal in twrp.

if you need command for creating internal storage just google it and ya like the post if it helped
Thx gotta try this **** right now ;)

Edit: but my phone doesn't have a sdcard slot :( soo i cant create any internal storage :(

H3ST0RI4

Jan 21, 2021

can you tell me the command for creating internal storage?

Bhanu8082

Dec 26, 2020
HI, H3ST0RI first thing mokee rom are good and mainted but version 7.1.2 is very stable and second thing if you want android 9 try stable version from official site https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=aries

thirdly, not use nightly builds they unstable

fourthly, mokee roms mess up with system partitions so i will tell you how to restore them

Bhanu8082

Dec 26, 2020
about restoring partition,
1) do you have twrp recovery installed if not flash it.
2) open twrp go to advanced section and click terminal button
3) terminal will show us just type df and then some lines will show up as seen in image
IMG20210126105823-min.jpg

see carefully at right corner my phone (samsung) has /sdcard and /external_sd
so my internal storage is that sdcard one your phone may show internal storage as internal storage so look carefully

what i mean from all this things is to look at left most corner of image against sdcard block no is mmcblk0p23 which is important thing to see then rest is just command

after you find your block just use

mke2fs /dev/block/??????

replace ?????? with block name for your phones internal storage

and then abra ka dabra your internal storage is alive.
be happy bro.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh

H3ST0RI4

Jan 21, 2021
alternatively you can try online flash tool for mokee flash tool
Oh wow really thanks :)

but when i wipe it : Wiping internal storage - - /data/media
updating partition details . . . done.

Soo my internal storage turned into my data?

and also when i click repair or change file system in internal storage it always say invalid partition selection