Xiaomi MI-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zygame

Dec 4, 2009
郑州
So,you guys are care about my phone? as same as mi 1,this phone have a fully unlocked bootloader and support all fastboot commands without any crack or hack .I'm working on port a cwm recovery on it.so you can flash other ROMs whatever you like.but now it's booted have a adb service but no display.any suggestions?

Sent from my MI 2 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350655824671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350655824671.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: vivekb

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
Cool, be sure to let us know how it works out. If that site is legit it definitely looks like a great deal!

So it says they charge a $10 commision. I assume you need to pay shipping to? How much is that?

In some instances the shipping is free using 'China Post' although it can take upto 30 days.. Shipping varies DHL it would cost $54 to ship within 5 days

ryan49ryan

May 2, 2011
Xiaomi MI-2 under $400 with shipping Merimobiles

Nice phone! If only we could get it for under $400 shipped in USA. Hopefully works for T-Mobile....

aceo07, You can get the Mi-2 from merimobiles.com. They have it available for $397 CAD and $399 USD. Before I purchased I found a coupon code for merimobiles, just google it, the one I used was weserve. I was able to get it for $377 with free shipping. I wasn't able to find any bad reviews about merimobiles unlike many other retailers that sell Chinese phones, which is really nice. They don't have stock yet but they expect to start shipping them by Oct 31 at the latest. Hope this helps.

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
aceo07, You can get the Mi-2 from merimobiles.com. They have it available for $397 CAD and $399 USD. Before I purchased I found a coupon code for merimobiles, just google it, the one I used was weserve. I was able to get it for $377 with free shipping. I wasn't able to find any bad reviews about merimobiles unlike many other retailers that sell Chinese phones, which is really nice. They don't have stock yet but they expect to start shipping them by Oct 31 at the latest. Hope this helps.

Have you received it? What language was available in it?

megamouth2

Jul 1, 2009
One of the lead devs at MiuiAndroid [the guys who make the fully English translated version of MIUI] is advising people not to buy the M2. He's used two engineering versions of the phone so far, and both of them have dead pixels, and has heard reports of the same problem being had by a few people with the engineering version in China.

miuitweets.jpg

Does this change anyone's opinion on the device? Would this sort of thing be fixed for the full retail version?

And just to clarify: no, there's no MicroSD card support. There's USB OTG, but that's it, in terms of removable storage.

Attachments

• miuitweets.jpg
    miuitweets.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
One of the lead devs at MiuiAndroid [the guys who make the fully English translated version of MIUI] is advising people not to buy the M2. He's used two engineering versions of the phone so far, and both of them have dead pixels, and has heard reports of the same problem being had by a few people with the engineering version in China.

miuitweets.jpg

Does this change anyone's opinion on the device? Would this sort of thing be fixed for the full retail version?

And just to clarify: no, there's no MicroSD card support. There's USB OTG, but that's it, in terms of removable storage.

I heard this too, I placed my order before these comments about the device, the device gets fully released in 2days which seems little time to change the screen :/ I'm thinking of cancelling my order. I'm from the UK and if the device has problems its going to be a nightmare to get it sorted :/

TheNikkoMan

Jul 31, 2010
Oslo
If i'm not wrong then the launch-unit batch went into production after the engineering units were released. Hopefully Xiaomi fixed the dead pixel issue, along with the other issues the engineering device had.

Appearently Xiaomi is going global at the end of the year, so they will probably take software support and hardware quality (more) seriously too!

It's also due to launch on Friday, for those of you who missed that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

megamouth2

Jul 1, 2009
I heard this too, I placed my order before these comments about the device, the device gets fully released in 2days which seems little time to change the screen :/ I'm thinking of cancelling my order. I'm from the UK and if the device has problems its going to be a nightmare to get it sorted :/

Me too. And you got that right: support for buyers outside of China is pretty much non-existent. So if your device has an issue, you're stuck with it unless you can somehow find a workaround or fix yourself. All the documentation is in Chinese as well... so that'll be no use, either.

They've had enough time to fix the screens, though, didn't they? I mean, these engineering models were released a few weeks ago, and these issues have been widely reported... so surely they would have done something about it?

If i'm not wrong then the launch-unit batch went into production after the engineering units were released. Hopefully Xiaomi fixed the dead pixel issue, along with the other issues the engineering device had.

Appearently Xiaomi is going global at the end of the year, so they will probably take software support and hardware quality (more) seriously too!

It's also due to launch on Friday, for those of you who missed that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

From what I've heard, the whole "Xiaomi going global" thing isn't going to happen. Jun Lei [the CEO] says that he's got no plans to expand as of yet, and he wants to perfect and completely conquer the Chinese market first. Some two-bit news site said that Xiaomi had quietly launched a US website... but the site they linked to seemed to be completely unprofessional and didn't look to be legit, so I don't think it's Xiaomi's.
To be fair, though, I've heard so much conflicting information about this expansion lark that I've given up on following it all.

Yup, it's due to launch on Friday, but remember: Xiaomi have this rather peculiar way of selling devices - they give you a five minute window in which to buy, and only release a certain amount of devices. Then the process is repeated again in the future. I always thought that this was just because the devices were in short supply... but apparently it's Xiaomi's method of marketing.

Last edited:

munchi

Aug 31, 2012
Brno
I'm just gonna watch closely for reviews and until the 32GB storage version is out then I'll consider exchanging it for my Arc S before the price goes higher... But I'm not optimist, I smell something bad behind this magical Chinese phone :rolleyes:

megamouth2

Jul 1, 2009
I'm just gonna watch closely for reviews and until the 32GB storage version is out then I'll consider exchanging it for my Arc S before the price goes higher... But I'm not optimist, I smell something bad behind this magical Chinese phone :rolleyes:

From what I've seen, the 23GB version is coming out at the same time as the 16GB, and will cost 2299 Yuan [the 16GB costs 1999 Yuan].

But you're right - it's best to wait for reviews. The only problem is that most of the coverage surrounding it is Chinese. There is one over 20 minute review on Youku, but, obviously, it's in Chinese, so I can't fathom what he's saying at all.

Mark at MIUIAndroid did a review on the device, but he's not been too happy with it since. Looks like our only saviours, in this situation, are waiting and Google Translate.

megamouth2

Jul 1, 2009
If I book it from xiaomi.com, can I get it shipped to Norway?

I don't believe so, no. From what I've heard, you need a Chinese shipping address and/or Chinese telephone number.

The other way would be to go through these resellers who have started popping up [realpricesinchina, android-sale, sciphone, people on ali-express] - but you have to be careful: some unscrupulous people are putting fake MI-2's up for sale, and, at the same time, these resellers also add a commission on to the original price. Depending on which reseller you go to, it might just completely remove the point of buying it for the low price in the first place.

At this point, you might have to wait until the mid-to-end of November at the very earliest... demand for these phones is incredibly high, and [as I've said above], Xiaomi have a very weird way of selling these phones.

Reactions: xVenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah having the Mi2 since one month and have to tell you it is quite boring. Nearly no Rom support because the standard Rom from Miuiandroid.com has everything you need. It is so boring to having a phone that works, where battery is great, screen is bright, speed is fast, nothing really to complain, nothing to mod, nothing to improve except installing CWM from m1cha.

so if you still want to switch Roms, searching for the right one, working with Bugs, complaining about battery consumption, no than the Mi2 isn't something for you.
    http://asia.cnet.com/xiaomi-mi2-quad-core-android-smartphone-announced-62218345.htm
    http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/first-photos-of-the-xiaomi-mi-2.17591/

I think I just found my new phone, upgrading from SGS2. The specs blow away any phone right now.

* Qualcomm 8064 CPU (Quadcore)
    * 2GB RAM
    * 16GB ROM
    * Graphics processing comparable to the XBOX 360 (Adreno 320 graphics chip)
    * 2000 mAh 3000 mAh battery upgrades
    * 4.3 inches high PPI retina screen, 1280x720 resolution. The touch screen to do (the OGS / TOL), the single glass fit technology, Ultra Narrow design to protect the glass.

AzlPO.jpg

ZKJCE.jpg

tj4EY.jpg

WnjsW.jpg

IKR2z.jpg

Not sure if it has expandable storage. But by currency conversion it works out: $315/£200!!

Should be released in October. Hope it works in UK
    for people following this topic, i made a review there : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36366146

if you wish some specific test or information, just ask me, i'll try my best to answer you
    I don't care ;).

The MI2 is a beast and way better than my galaxy s3/galaxy nexus/nexus 7. Beautiful hardware & software :thumbup:.

Btw: you're repeating yourself...it's annoying :rolleyes:.

And that is the difference between normal users and the the developers that XDA is all about.

Now as this device doesn't follow the gpl rules it breaks XDA rules.

Thread closed

Wayne Tech S-III
    Hi people, I also got this phone.

I come because I need some help, I'm trying to make AOSP running on this phone. It compiles ok and starts using the prebuilt kernel from Xiaomi, but I got problems at the very beginning of booting. I don't if I should make a thread about that..
    Thanks

any one who want stock jelly bean on M2, check here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2038357