Xiaomi Mi 3 Ask Away- help thread.

Search This thread

kaiz16

Feb 4, 2017
Oh I see. I have already flashed twrp using flashify should I flash it with adb drivers also ? And how do I flash twrp using adb ?
Thank you.

The error occurs it's because you only wipe data. Wipe system,data and dalvik/art cache no need to wipe internal storage. If you wipe internal storage you will lose all the data (like photos and videos) Try this and report back.

Last edited:

kaiz16

Feb 4, 2017
Oh I did this but same problem occurs it's saying something like baseband error

Baseband error means you have 2 system partitions. You need to merge it to form 1.2gb system partition and then you can install Lineage.
Not only Lineage all Nougat ROM requires to do that. To check whether you device is merged or not go to system >> About phone and take a look at Baseband Version if it is MPSS.DI.3.0 you have unmerged partitions. If its MPSS.DI.4.0 You have merged partitions. You can only install Lineage if your baseband is MPSS.DI.4.0.

Ok here's how you get 4.0 baseband.

Install MiUi 4.4 kitkat from TWRP or Mi Flash.
Then Update MIUI Kitkat to MIUI Marshmallow via OTA Update. MIUI automatically merged partition when you update to Marshmallow via OTA.
Then you can check again after Installimg miui mm check for baseband version. And now install Lineage.

Reactions: Sudhanshu7

Sudhanshu7

Account currently disabled
Sep 2, 2017
Usa
meettomy.site
Baseband error means you have 2 system partitions. You need to merge it to form 1.2gb system partition and then you can install Lineage.
Not only Lineage all Nougat ROM requires to do that. To check whether you device is merged or not go to system >> About phone and take a look at Baseband Version if it is MPSS.DI.3.0 you have unmerged partitions. If its MPSS.DI.4.0 You have merged partitions. You can only install Lineage if your baseband is MPSS.DI.4.0.

Then Update MIUI Kitkat to MIUI Marshmallow via OTA Update. MIUI automatically merged partition when you update to Marshmallow via OTA.
Then you can check again after Installimg miui mm check for baseband version. And now install Lineage.

Thank you so very much i followed all the steps and it worked ! :)

Xyllaus

Jun 17, 2014
I have a problem with my phone mi4w, I sent my phone to replace the Flex Cable, and after that my phone becomes really really slow, I have updated my rom to Oreo, doing a clean flash, but its still slow.
What can i do?

cichy45

Aug 23, 2016
Hello fellow Mi3 users.

I have problem with accessing camera2api on my device (running latest Global Stable MIUI9).

Despite enabling Camera2API in build.prop with

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1
Manual Camera Test still returns all test with negative outcome. Anyone know if this might be the issue with MIUI and moving to LineageOS 14.1 could solve this?

watatara.102

Oct 11, 2018
asking this for someone else,
when doing backup on TWRP its kinda crash and reboot to system. Why is that?
got twrp from official release on twrp website. twrp-3.3.1-0-cancro.img

model number is MI 4w
Android version is 6.0.1 MMB29M
MIUI version is MIUI global 9.5 | stable 9.5.7.0(MXDMIFA)
Baseband version is MPSS.DI.4.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]Welcome to
    Questions Answers & Troubleshooting

redLine.png

This thread has been created to assist owners of:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]The Xiaomi Mi3[/SIZE]

xiaomi-mi3-1.jpg

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant
    Helpful information for your device:
    Full device specifications

ᴥAsk Awayᴥ

Please feel free to ask anything related to your device.
    unable to flash gapps

please help me friends, i am unable to flash gapps on cm13, mokee. i am able to flash the rom zip but after that when i flash gapps it gives me error insufficient space..
    Hello, i flashed twrp in my mi3 but i didn't unlock my bootloader so when i tried to flash lineage rom on my device it started showing error and because i wiped my data before that its not booting up its stuck on the mi logo so please help me what should i do in order to get it boot again
    and is this firmware related issue is yes then where can i find the correct firmware for it ?
    Afaik cancro doesn't have it's boot loader locked. Try flashing twrp with adb and then you can install lineage os OR you could try fastbooting miui.
    Oh I did this but same problem occurs it's saying something like baseband error