• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Xiaomi Mi 9 Brick!

Search This thread

Abels44444

Jul 16, 2019
I have a xiaomi mi 9 but it does not pass the logo of home, it stays there, I do not have the bootloader unlocked so I wanted to know another way to flash it

futiless

Apr 4, 2012
Surrey
Same problem here; and this tool says fastboot unbrick is not supported yet :( ... So even though I can flash different twrp builds, it wont get out of reboot to fastboot and no recovery works :(

futiless

Apr 4, 2012
Surrey
What worked is cepheus_global_images_9.6.27_20190627.0000.00_9.0_global_d1aa19c208 ; then MANUAL usage of flash_all.bat ; then I was able to boot... I think (and don't take my word for it !!) what this is, is encryption lockout. Most XiaomiFlash offical tools were practically useless for the Mi 9 and only finding that exact build (which I figured out wasn't an upgrade like the others with no flash_all.bat, actually ran and it flashed stock and booted me to pincode decryption. After than I was able to use twrp-3.3.1-35-cepheus.img, and get TWRP ... granted it wiped everything. But I booting twrp-3.3.1-35-cepheus also asked for my decrypt key. I think the other TWRP's that don't ask for this while I am encrypted actually corrupted this data... (again maybe i'm wrong) but all in all ... I had a couple hours of slowly building up stress.. cause every recovery I flashed rebooted direct to fastboot. And i'm still not sure why..

Everyone needs to make sure that you can see your full file directory tree before utilizing TWRP commands as if the TWRP install doesn't detect decryption it doesn't discriminate and just overwright and corrupts files... THIS IS WHAT IT SEEMS AT LEAST ...

ALSO big word of warning Global users have to play it safe as it seems our variants is not the one the devs are releasing for ATM. and most things you attempt to flash will cause problems. (AGAIN just my 2 cents not to be taken as fact.) Just a warning... that is it...

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Search for vbmeta.img file for mi 9 and flash it

OK what is that file updating over ?

Reactions: eboy_gb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What worked is cepheus_global_images_9.6.27_20190627.0000.00_9.0_global_d1aa19c208 ; then MANUAL usage of flash_all.bat ; then I was able to boot... I think (and don't take my word for it !!) what this is, is encryption lockout. Most XiaomiFlash offical tools were practically useless for the Mi 9 and only finding that exact build (which I figured out wasn't an upgrade like the others with no flash_all.bat, actually ran and it flashed stock and booted me to pincode decryption. After than I was able to use twrp-3.3.1-35-cepheus.img, and get TWRP ... granted it wiped everything. But I booting twrp-3.3.1-35-cepheus also asked for my decrypt key. I think the other TWRP's that don't ask for this while I am encrypted actually corrupted this data... (again maybe i'm wrong) but all in all ... I had a couple hours of slowly building up stress.. cause every recovery I flashed rebooted direct to fastboot. And i'm still not sure why..

Everyone needs to make sure that you can see your full file directory tree before utilizing TWRP commands as if the TWRP install doesn't detect decryption it doesn't discriminate and just overwright and corrupts files... THIS IS WHAT IT SEEMS AT LEAST ...

ALSO big word of warning Global users have to play it safe as it seems our variants is not the one the devs are releasing for ATM. and most things you attempt to flash will cause problems. (AGAIN just my 2 cents not to be taken as fact.) Just a warning... that is it...

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Search for vbmeta.img file for mi 9 and flash it

OK what is that file updating over ?