• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xiaomi Mi 9T stuck in fastboot

Search This thread
Apr 1, 2021
Hi!

First off: I'm new to this forum, so if this is not the right place to post or is in the wrong format or whatever, please point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to install LineageOS on my Xiaomi Mi 9T and have gotten stuck in fastboot. I am currently trying to flash the recovery image for Lineage so that i can sideload the Lineage zip, but the phone just boots back to the fastboot mode no matter what I do.

One single time I managed to enter the custom recovery I flashed onto there, but after formatting all partitions, my attempt to sideload the LineageOS zip failed.

I thought I'd just reboot to the recovery and repeat my steps, but since then I have not managed to come back into the recovery mode.

Now I am frantically trying to flash the recovery image onto my phone with no success. The fastboot tool on my PC just says this (which seems fine):

Code:
fastboot flash recovery lineage-17.1-20210327-microG-davinci-recovery.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)                      OKAY [  1.446s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.148s]
Finished. Total time: 1.600s

After that I've tried:

• Holding power off + vol up
  • Holding power off + vol down
  • Holding power off
  • Holding power off + vol up + vol down
After some searching I have also tried:

Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
Rebooting into recovery                            OKAY [  0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.000s

Which SHOULD have booted it into recovery mode, bur nope. Whatever I do I find myself back in fastboot mode.

I have also tried flashing TWRP recovery image (never used it before), just to try something else, but with no success. Same results as with the Lineage recovery image.

How do I get out of this loop and back to installing LineageOS?

I've done this once before with a OnePlus2, but that was painless compared to this.

I appriciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Wantwrp

Apr 19, 2021
Hi, same problem here. Flashed TWRP in 1.932 seconds or something but never was able to boot into TWRP. I found a thread on here saying to oem reboot-recovery. Tried that, didn't work. Found some message by the guy who wrote the TWRP saying to flash some other file, but I don't understand what he means. Have you been able to solve the problem ?

Apr 1, 2021
Okay, I have solved this for my phone.

I found this soulution on some forum, but do not remember where exactly, so credit is not mine.

I am new to all of this, so proceed on your own risk with this "guide". It worked for me and got me a running install of MIUI (chineese version).
  1. Download the zip from here. There are two buttons to do so. This zip contains a set of scripts and resources to fix your phone.
  2. Extract the zip to a folder somewhere.
  3. Connect your softbricked phone with USB and make sure it is in fastboot mode and that your computer see it as a fastboot device (run "fastboot devices" in cmd and make sure the device shows up).
  4. Run "flash_all.bat" from the extracted zip, if the script finishes successfully, skip to step 7.
  5. For me the following lines failed when running the script:
    Code:
    fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @echo "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
    fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @echo "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
    Delete or comment these lines from the script.
  6. Run the script again. If it didn't work the first time, it hopefully worked now.
  7. Reboot the phone if it does not do so itself. MIUI (chineese version) should now boot.
From here you should be able to enable developer options and ADB or boot into fastboot and flash new recovery images or whatever you want to do.

What caused the soft brick initially remains unclear to me, but this solved my problem and I am now running the ROM I wanted to run initially (Lineage for microG).

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Wantwrp

Apr 19, 2021
  1. Run "flash_all.bat" from the extracted zip, if the script finishes successfully, skip to step 7.
  2. For me the following lines failed when running the script:
    Code:
    fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @echo "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
    fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @echo "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
    Delete or comment these lines from the script.
Hey, thanks for that. I tried that but I got some other error :

davinci_images_V12.1.1.0.RFJCNXM_20210221.0000.00_11.0_cn_c268db27f4\davinci_images_V12.1.1.0.RFJCNXM_20210221.0000.00_11.0_cn>fastboot flash sparsecrclist C:\Users\cbkra\Downloads\davinci_images_V12.1.1.0.RFJCNXM_20210221.0000.00_11.0_cn_c268db27f4\davinci_images_V12.1.1.0.RFJCNXM_20210221.0000.00_11.0_cn\images\sparsecrclist.txt ||
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'sparsecrclist' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.011s]
writing 'sparsecrclist'...
FAILED (remote: update sparse crc list failed)
finished. total time: 0.016s
"Flash sparsecrclist error"

Apr 1, 2021
It does not look like you deleted the lines I specified from the script. Are you sure you have deleted the lines:

Code:

Wantwrp

Apr 19, 2021
I hadn't, but now I have. It seemed to worked fine until it got an unknown error.

sending sparse 'system' (774312 KB)...
OKAY [ 23.168s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.002s]
sending sparse 'system' (774312 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 83.881s
"Flash system error"

Apr 1, 2021
From here I have no idea how to solve your problem.

I would just try running the same script a couple of more times, but that's just because I can't come up with something better to do.

generalroot

May 12, 2021
Yeah the fix is actually to have the ROM and the MiFlash tool both on your C: drive for whatever reason.
Did work for me afterwards, without the Anti Rollback error