Xiaomi MiPad 2 Quad-core X5-Z8500 2GB 64GB

Search This thread

pseudoless

Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

I somehow managed to brick my Mipad 2 64Go (Windows Edition) into a bootloop : it strangely occured a few days ago when I decided to format Windows in order to start over on a clean installation. I was first very happy to found out your guide a couple days ago, but despite following each and every steps of this guide very thouroughly, I can't manage to get it back to work :( (can't post the link of the tutorial apparently, Google "Flashing Mi Pad 2 Android to Windows" it's the first one on MIUI forums),

I'm stuck when I try to reinstall Windows from my USB key : it starts ok by booting into the command showed on the 3rd picture, but then I got stuck with this error message "walkthrough-Deploy.bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" (no idea what it means). I tried everything, start everything over, use a different USB, use a different computer, check the drivers, ect... nothing is working !

I'm starting to get really annoyed by this, because it's been several days I'm woking on it with no progress whatsoever :( At this point, I just want my device to work again, on Windows or Android, whichever allows my device to be usable again! I even tried to flash Android roms (including the native one, of course) with Miflash, hoping it may get better results, but without any sucess either... (I always end up with another error)

By today I've spent a lot of hours on this, and I can't figure out what to do now... any help would be highly appreciated!

Edit: I finally manage to flash Android on it. I don't know how and why it worked after half a hundred times though (also I don't know why Windows still refuses to install), but now it boots normally into MIUI, so I won't complain.

Last edited:

datorprofessor

Nov 16, 2012
Any benchmarks say antutu?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-DL00 using XDA-Developers mobile app

there are modded miui mipad 2 that are fast too... actually faster than AOSP version 5.1 that I tested.aosp.

This rom have SuperSu, busybox and athor tweaked setting, very clean (bara bone) and fast.
AOSP here on MiPad 2, Search for "max20091 aosp tweaked final.zip" exlusive link https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=zVma&id=0B3fo2a5_bBE6X1M0eElRalVhZDQ

Quick Miui v7 i Got more than Sony Z5, about 80000 bench with 3d....

With aosp I got about 70000 i bench...

Well it actually depends on small adjustments... and background process etc...

The question is, will you get xposed to work?? Because I think the CPU- achritecture is 64bit but not the software--- Software is 32 bit? could someone confirm this on miui? tried but didn't find

Last edited:
Reactions: alabin77

datorprofessor

Nov 16, 2012
Not many people from xda have this device... don't know if it is allowed to post from other thread, but this guy posted from a russian pda site and forwarding it at

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/

recently I installed the miui 8 and it is so much beautiful.

Regarding integrity, xposed, xprivacy there are people working on it, mentioning solarWares,, and he has made a special for MiPad2 xposed-framework-zip.

But according to people around threre at Xiaomi forum the can not toggle system-apps, which also is some what desirable.

I just tested antutu test and got 80000 bench point with miui 8 EU Edition from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Nb0mR1oVUWRjNsMjJwN2pXNVE/view?usp=sharing

I flashed it manually, but be sure that your MiPad2 match the code name "latte" as caffe latte

Last edited:
Reactions: alabin77

Wallace4793

Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

Ive updated the the latest ROM from the Xaomi website so its chineese. I came across this website you linked and the EU Rom but im struggling to flash it. I think the issue is with my ADB drivers. I cant seem to get flashboot to see my device. What version of windows, adb etc did you use?

Also what do yo mean by checking the latte?

Thanks

Not many people from xda have this device... don't know if it is allowed to post from other thread, but this guy posted from a russian pda site and forwarding it at

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/

recently I installed the miui 8 and it is so much beautiful.

Regarding integrity, xposed, xprivacy there are people working on it, mentioning solarWares,, and he has made a special for MiPad2 xposed-framework-zip.

But according to people around threre at Xiaomi forum the can not toggle system-apps, which also is some what desirable.

I just tested antutu test and got 80000 bench point with miui 8 EU Edition from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Nb0mR1oVUWRjNsMjJwN2pXNVE/view?usp=sharing

I flashed it manually, but be sure that your MiPad2 match the code name "latte" as caffe latte

datorprofessor

Nov 16, 2012
Hi,

Ive updated the the latest ROM from the Xaomi website so its chineese. I came across this website you linked and the EU Rom but im struggling to flash it. I think the issue is with my ADB drivers. I cant seem to get flashboot to see my device. What version of windows, adb etc did you use?

Also what do yo mean by checking the latte?

Thanks

Adb and fastboot are 2 different things... There are many tutorials to install those. Just try the newest versions of adb, long time ago adb was different. But for flashing you have to have "fastboot" speaking with your devices.... Have you experience in terminal commands? Do you understand the basics of terminal commands and flashing things? if not, then seek for tutorials...

I am not exactly sure but these are the commands from windows terminal.
PHP:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash system system.img

also format data inside TWRP-recovery, if you erase data from fastboot with command "fastboot erase data" you will get error then...

Also if you have problem with bootloader you could boot from another "bootloader.efi" by typing

This will make a live boot without flashing, just loading to the memory...
PHP:
fastboot boot bootloader.efi

I am lately using Dual OS boot between Android aosp (12GB) and Windows 10 (48GB) very smoothly switch methods. Follow these steps from this thread in case you were interested http://en.miui.com/thread-292301-1-1.html

It was not easy to download the whole big 6GB files from mega, I use another method to download that big file, search on the internet if that happens to you to with download limit.

:)Hi, I don't remember any more the context what I meant about "latte", but latte is a ease-rememberly-human name for vendor names for different hardware... example, look at https://twrp.me/Devices/this page, and you will see that the name "mocha" is for "Mipad 1", google nexus 7 2013 lte is called "deb" and the Wi-Fi version is called "flo", and so on. Source: https://twrp.me/Devices/

Last edited:

Bursus72

Jan 11, 2017
Hello
I am facing the problem, that I can t play streaming Videos from Magine.tv and even Google Play Videos, because the Apps are missing the "Widevine"-DRM library from Google

Can somebody confirm this Problem or has a solution.

This would be a absolute Know-out for this Tab

Mr_RWD

Mar 27, 2017
Bricked Mipad2

Hello guys
Could anyone help me with my trouble
Few days ago I dropped my tablet and it's has been turned off
I thought "just fell, no problems should be" but since that day I can't turn on my tab
buttons are not working or tab doesn't sense 'em
But indicator of battery low is working
Sometimes it turns on but there's written like
"BOOT Failed : Hard drive;
BOOT Failed : SE Android;"
In service-centre guys told me that my motherboard may be dead
and repair will costs as new tablet (I have no money so I hadn't been satisfied
I wrote to 4PDA guys they just ignored me
Xiaomi support said
"I understand your concern and sincerely apologize for the inability to help you in this case. I would like to inform you that as per Xiaomi policies, we do not provide any assurance if the product is purchased from any unauthorized vendor/website."
Now could you help me is it possible to repair my motherboard? I hope it's dead not totally

datorprofessor

Nov 16, 2012
Hello guys
Could anyone help me with my trouble
Few days ago I dropped my tablet and it's has been turned off
I thought "just fell, no problems should be" but since that day I can't turn on my tab
buttons are not working or tab doesn't sense 'em
But indicator of battery low is working
Sometimes it turns on but there's written like
"BOOT Failed : Hard drive;
BOOT Failed : SE Android;"
In service-centre guys told me that my motherboard may be dead
and repair will costs as new tablet (I have no money so I hadn't been satisfied
I wrote to 4PDA guys they just ignored me
Xiaomi support said
"I understand your concern and sincerely apologize for the inability to help you in this case. I would like to inform you that as per Xiaomi policies, we do not provide any assurance if the product is purchased from any unauthorized vendor/website."
Now could you help me is it possible to repair my motherboard? I hope it's dead not totally
:(
Sorry for your tablet. One question;
does it charge?

also, when you connect usb cable to PC, does it appear in "Device manager"?
Can you send "fastboot" commands to the device?

Ved0704

Oct 17, 2021
So... I had the Mi pad 2 laying in my house running on MIUI 9 and one day I got curious and tried to unlock its bootloader.
I didn't remember my password and the recovery phone no. is discontinued now. and I couldn't change it or sign out.
So like an idiot, I factory reset it. And now it's asking for a password for the last mi id.
can anyone help me? Will and edl flash do the work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd be curious to test out the new Intel Atom chip but this doesn't look much different than the first gen Mi Pad otherwise. Still has 2GB of RAM which is a bit disappointing and the lack of support for the current Mi Pad (no Lollipop or no Marshmallow and no release of source code) leaves me to wonder if this will be given the same treatment from Xiaomi .
    Yep, basically with Microsoft updates would be a hit. I'd buy it right away.

How's Xiaomi at MIUI update? Does anyone know?

Lol dont add these two words"xiaomi" and "updates" specially for mi pad
    They will continue to optimize the system based on the user feedback problems.
    [/COLOR]
    Nice, thank you for your opinion.
    Can you expand on that? I find misleading information online. In the Xiaomi forum there's people complaining about Mi Pad being stuck at KK, then I found articles saying that it received MIUI 7 (that means LL) less then a month ago; then there's the part of the Xiaomi website with ROM and such and it seems updated.
    I'm getting really confused.

The MIUI 7 you read about for MI PAD is STILL 4.4.4. They ONLY updated apps. Its just called "7" on MI PAD. If you search you find MIUI posted ALL of what will get updated to Marshmallow 6 and MI PAD is NOT one of them. Same with Android 5. It will NEVER get anything past 4.4.4. Its been 2 years now. When Mi Pad came out they asked "will we get 5?". The mods said THEN "wait and see :)". Today people ask.. Will we get 6?" Mods say "wait and see". They (mods) have no clue no idea what so ever. The MODS on MIUI EN site can't email call ask MIUI for some reason. Yet MIUI posted just what will get 6. They seem to have dropped the MI PAD once it was launched.

Maybe NVIDIA has something to do with this. Well how many TABLETS out there with K1 getting Android 5 or later? As for WIndows 10 on Mi pad 2. It only has 2gb ram. There are FAR to many other tablets that have 3GB or more running Windows 10. And like someone posted about saying "updates and MIUI" in same sentence... haha not wise
    @Purple-Logic
    There is a Remix 2.0 here: http://en.miui.com/thread-329758-1-1.html
    I tried for a while but missed too many common Android functions. The same team have put together an optimised MIUI build called MIRU: http://en.miui.com/thread-325531-1-1.html