Question Xiaomi Note 11 stuck to rebooting into recovery mode 5.0 after unlocking the screen

Search This thread

isanami

Nov 15, 2022
Hi all,

At first, I use Redmi Note 11 for a while (since April this year). I have never updated the system of the device since I bought it.

I found this problem about 4 days ago (11 Nov). I try to solve my problem follow suggestion by using 'adb shell' command. But I receive below message from adb shell command

adb.exe: no devices/emulators found

I am not sure what is the problem. Before I use adb shell command, I opened 'Developer mode' of mobile. But I cannot slide to open 'adb debugging' in developer mode settings. Because 'open adb debugging' has countdown time. So it has not in time to reboot.

Please advise me, how can solve this problem.

Moreover, if need to wipe data for reset factory, please advise me how can I backup my data on phone. I try to use 'MI assistant', because it is one option in Recovery Menu. But it was not happen when I connect my mobile by using USB with my notebook. Mi assistant cannot see connected devices. - -'

I want to backup images and note (in default 'Note' app).

Help me, please.

yannick7fr

Nov 13, 2022
Hi all,

At first, I use Redmi Note 11 for a while (since April this year). I have never updated the system of the device since I bought it.

I found this problem about 4 days ago (11 Nov). I try to solve my problem follow suggestion by using 'adb shell' command. But I receive below message from adb shell command

I am not sure what is the problem. Before I use adb shell command, I opened 'Developer mode' of mobile. But I cannot slide to open 'adb debugging' in developer mode settings. Because 'open adb debugging' has countdown time. So it has not in time to reboot.

Moreover, if need to wipe data for reset factory, please advise me how can I backup my data on phone. I try to use 'MI assistant', because it is one option in Recovery Menu. But it was not happen when I connect my mobile by using USB with my notebook. Mi assistant cannot see connected devices. - -'

Help me, please.
Hello,

adb.exe: no devices/emulators found => Means your phone is not connected to adb executable.
Aparantly you're using windows, so I recommand you try this page .
You may encounter a message saying that you are not autorized to connect. At this point, you'll need to unlock your phone and accept the USB Debugging session (then reboot ....)
After phone's reboot, adb device will show you something like

Code:
List of devices attached
aabb10cc    device

Now you're good to go with adb shell

isanami

Nov 15, 2022
I just bought this phone recently and also experienced the loop of hell. I emailed US Xiaomi support to let them know of the issue, but I'm not expecting anything from that. Ultimately I had to wipe my device because I didn't have USB debugging enabled previously, and it was literally impossible to time it correctly. Luckily I had a restore point in my google drive, so I could restore from that after the reset process.

My Process
  • Install ADB on PC
  • Enable USB Debugging on Redmi Note 11
    • If not possible, due to boot loop:
      • Boot into recovery mode by holding power and volume up
      • Wipe device storage (backup important data before if possible)
      • Setup phone from Google Drive backup (if possible)
      • Update to newest version of MIUI from phone
  • With phone connected to computer, follow @AdonysGames 's steps in your OS' command line:
    • Bash:
      adb shell
      pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.qualcomm.location
After this the phone should work properly.
From my last post, now I can remove 'com.qualcomm.location' package. And then my mobile does not have reboot symptom. Thank you so much for all suggestions.

At first, I can open immediately 'usb debugging' by using Android Studio help.

1668499063318.png

So I can use 'adb shell' command and unistall 'com.qualcomm.location'.

Additional, I do not backup my files by mi assistant before fixing.

isanami

Nov 15, 2022
Hello,

adb.exe: no devices/emulators found => Means your phone is not connected to adb executable.
Aparantly you're using windows, so I recommand you try this page .
You may encounter a message saying that you are not autorized to connect. At this point, you'll need to unlock your phone and accept the USB Debugging session (then reboot ....)
After phone's reboot, adb device will show you something like

Code:
List of devices attached
aabb10cc    device

Now you're good to go with adb shell
Thank you so much for your suggestion. :)

Ceraxx

Nov 10, 2022
Ok so i went to a repair shop just now. The man there told me that they cant fix it and that it is best to change phones if you have garancy. Or at least get money back,

NeedToRepair

Nov 13, 2022
Hi all,

Help me, please.
Im at the phone and i cant quote my last message. In the page number 9 i posted the same problem.
One day with the phone started and with and MicroSD in the phone i got it! The ***** 10 seconds!!

yannick7fr

Nov 13, 2022
One quick follow up on my end :
I was with MIUI 13.0.12 when I've encountered the reboot loop.
The phone upgrade itself to MIUI 13.0.14 :/

Good part : no more reboot loop and phone seems to work as usual
'Bad part' : I've encountered one, and only one reboot today. The phone died during the night (no more battery). I plugged it this morning, turn it on, unlock and bam reboot after 10 Sec. No more reboot since then.

NB : USB debug is still ON and I did not re install the broadcom wrong package (and I won't re install it :) )

skrajnik

Aug 4, 2013
I have also saved the bootloop and the data..

And the ONLY way to enable USB debugging is to heat up the phone + insert the sd card.
This slows the phone down enough, to enable usb debugging. But still you have to do it fast. :)

The rest of the procedure is simple enough...

KMS45

Nov 21, 2022
Hello to everyone,

So basically i read all the 10 pages of this thread and I have not found someone that have the same problem as me. I have the “bootloop” but the thing is that my phone is not even turning on. It is just booting and going back to the recovery menu. So I choose the reboot option but still coming back to the menu. I have already turned on the debug usb option because I used to be using it before my phone dies. I have a Xiaomi MI10 Lite 5G. I also tried the MiAssisstant but no succes because device not detected.
If someone have a solution without wiping all my precious data pls ?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello to everyone,

So basically i read all the 10 pages of this thread and I have not found someone that have the same problem as me. I have the “bootloop” but the thing is that my phone is not even turning on. It is just booting and going back to the recovery menu. So I choose the reboot option but still coming back to the menu. I have already turned on the debug usb option because I used to be using it before my phone dies. I have a Xiaomi MI10 Lite 5G. I also tried the MiAssisstant but no succes because device not detected.
If someone have a solution without wiping all my precious data pls ?
Find out the right combination hardware keys, and reboot your device in safe mode, once you have it, then search for the app is causing the issue, disable it or uninstall it, if possible, also you can use ADB to "uninstall" it.

KMS45

Nov 21, 2022
Find out the right combination hardware keys, and reboot your device in safe mode, once you have it, then search for the app is causing the issue, disable it or uninstall it, if possible, also you can use ADB to "uninstall" it.
How can I find the combination ? Rebooting into safe mode does the same thing as I reboot normally…

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, sorry for the bad english. My Xiaomi Note 11 worked perfectly fine for months since I bought it, but last night I accidentally left it charging for the whole night and when I woke up, it suddenly rebooted to recovery mode. I rebooted it back to system, which reboots the phone as usual, then I unlocked the lockscreen, everything went perfectly normal, until it rebooted again to recovery mode. I tried rebooting again, but it rebooted again to recovery mode after I unlocked the lockscreen. I tried booting it to safemode, but it went the same way. However, when I leave the lockscreen unlocked, it doesn't reboot itself. I tried turning it off and rebooting it with the screen unlocked but it did nothing. Do you guys ever have the same problem? Is there any way to fix it without wiping the data? I have some banking apps and other data that would be difficult to recover if I were to wipe out the phone.
    my device is rebooting to recovery mode only 10s after unlocking it. So I cannot enable usb debugging as after clicking on "USB Debugging" to enable, it once again asks for confirmation which counts down for 10seconds. is there any other way to enable usb debugging.
    KEEP TRYING. I cannot stress this enough, just got my phone back from that hell-loop thanks to pxbrz for his advice and Adonys for sharing it. After like 70 or so attempts it didn't put me through the countdown, just an "Are you sure" pop-up and done.

To give you a chance as possibly close to mine, take into account I:
    -Was in airplane mode.
    -Had battery saver on.
    -Entered settings through the notifications tab directly from the lock screen.
    -Passed through the steps as fast as I could.
    -Checked the waiver box before the countdown ended.
    -Close to the countdownless attempt, I kept tapping like crazy the countdown blocked button in case I was able to catch a minuscule frame (I'm guessing it happened though I didn't actually saw the button lit up).

(I have no idea if anything of the above had an actual effect but just in case)

Then I used the ADB command as pxbrz kindly instructed: (avoid the quotes)
    "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.qualcomm.location" Followed this guide before:

I haven't updated yet though some ppl in the thread said it's safe while you keep the service uninstalled, I'll avoid the update for as long as I can.

Any questions whatsoever about what I exactly did, feel free to ask. It's not gonna damage your phone more than it is already and you'll get your phone AND files back.

PD: Immediately backup right after just in case, I know I will lol.
    Exact same problem, started appearing today. This is so weird. I already wiped data and the problem persists; went thorough the setup with no issue, and as soon as I finished it and the phone goes to the main screen, after a few seconds it started appearing again.

MIUI Global
    13.0.16.0(RGCMIXM)
    Android ver: 11 RKQ1.211001.001
    I Cant Believe I have Just Done one of my Life's Stupidest Thing I just Heated my Phone and it Worked Out. If you don't want any Data Loss and want your Phone Normally Killing Out that Faulty QUALCOMM Program with Adb Works out Superfix USB Debugging is a problem then Heating has been a solution to me it just gave out that few seconds and I have Done it Finally
    Hi all!
    So grateful to everyone here who helped with the solution.
    This particular thing worked and thanks to all the following workarounds for enabling USB debugging!!

WIshing good luck for the future lol!