Question Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro does not restart after failed flash

Search This thread

nappi90

Nov 26, 2022
Hello guys,

i tried to flash an EU ROM on my Chinese Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro. Unfortunately, it failed

Symptoms:

• Pad has full black screen.
  • It can not start into fast boot mode
  • cant be found by Xiaomi flash tool.
  • When i connect it to my computer and hold Power + Volume up or down, the computer beeps after a while
What happened:

• i downloaded EU fastboot rom and unpacked with 7zip
  • unlocked bootloader of Xiaomi Pad
  • connected to xiaomi flash tool
  • copied unpacked rom files on C:\EU
  • start flash_all
  • after having an error "crclist or sparsecrclist" (Link), i added REM into the flash file, as mentioned on youtube and started again
  • at the end of the flash process it showed a problem with the "REM" line, that i added and the flash failed
I cant flash again because i cant get into the fastboot mode... Do you have any clue what i can do now?

Thanks a lot!

nappi

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello guys,

i tried to flash an EU ROM on my Chinese Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro. Unfortunately, it failed

Symptoms:

• When i connect it to my computer and hold Power + Volume up or down, the computer beeps after a while
What happened:

• start flash_all
  • after having an error "crclist or sparsecrclist" (Link), i added REM into the flash file, as mentioned on youtube and started again
  • at the end of the flash process it showed a problem with the "REM" line, that i added and the flash failed
I cant flash again because i cant get into the fastboot mode... Do you have any clue what i can do now?

Thanks a lot!

nappi
It seems to me that there is no EEA version for your device.
What code name, elish, dagu, enuma?

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Hello guys,

Symptoms:

What happened:

• start flash_all

Thanks a lot!

nappi

I guessed you downloaded and flashed the wrong firmwares/ROM to your device. This caused serious brick (the hardest brick) to your device. All the wrong firmwares have been flashed to every single partitions of your device. That's why your device can neither boot up nor enter fastboot mode. I got my Lenovo Yoga Tab 13 and some other Qualcomm devices into this serious brick. I got my Lenovo Yoga Tab 13 this brick by relocking bootloader. The only method that can fix your device error is to use QPST QFIL.

Requirements:
1.Windows 10 x64 preferred or above with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) enabled. Because QFIL in QPST requires Sahara server (Linux) to run on your Windows.
2.Download and install HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver for your Windows version.
3.Download and install QPST to your PC.
4.Download and unzip the correct fastboot ROM for your device to your PC. There are files with .img inside the zipped file. For example, boot.img, recovery.img and many others.

I am not sure if Mi Pad 5 Pro requires Provision process to flash via QPST or not? Some Qualcomm devices, for example Chuwi Hi Pad Pro, require Provision before getting permission to flash via Download mode using QPST.

Watch this tutorial to see the how-to-use-QFIL video. This video is quite old. There may be some chages in QFIL. You can google the newer tutorial about QFIL.

While your device does not show nothing but the black screen, follow the steps below:
1.Assumingly you have completed all the requirements above, open QFIL.
2.Connect USB from your PC to your device.
3.Load XML by matching all the files of rawprogram#.xml with patch#.xml. For example, If there are 6 files of rawprogram0.xml to rawprogram5.xml. You have to add rawprogram0.xml matching patch0.xml until rawprogram5.xml matching with patch5.xml to the Download list.
4.Press Download button in QFIL.
5.Hold volume Down (Some Qualcomm devices are volume UP and some are both volume at the same time) and press power button many times until the download process of QFIL starting up. This means your device has entered Download Mode.
6.Wait until the download process completed. Hopefully there is no error or no Provision process required.
7.Disconnect the USB from your device.
8.Your device should boot up showing Mi logo. If not, hold power button to try booting up your device.

Hope you can fix this. Or your device will turn into one of the most expensive paper weight.

Reactions: nappi90

nappi90

Nov 26, 2022
Before step 3, i have to choose one programmer out of these:
1669482875259.png

In step 3 I matched one by one rawprogram and patch file, but in the box it only shows the last pair. Do I have to click every time on download e.g. I choose rawporgram1.xml and patch1.xml and then press download or do I match all of them first like below, then there is only the last one visible.
1669482651655.png

In the end I get some failed to open com port handle messages. Do you know where this comes from?

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Before step 3, i have to choose one programmer out of these:
View attachment 5770983

In step 3 I matched one by one rawprogram and patch file, but in the box it only shows the last pair. Do I have to click every time on download e.g. I choose rawporgram1.xml and patch1.xml and then press download or do I match all of them first like below, then there is only the last one visible.View attachment 5770981

In the end I get some failed to open com port handle messages. Do you know where this comes from?

1.Choose prog_ufs_firehose_sm8250_ddr_5.elf

2.Have you enabled WSL on your Windows 10 or above? Read requirement #1 of my post.

nappi90

Nov 26, 2022
1.Choose prog_ufs_firehose_sm8250_ddr_5.elf

2.Have you enabled WSL on your Windows 10 or above? Read requirement #1 of my post.
to 2: yes, i did.

About the rawprogram1 - rawprogram5: Do you know, if i need to download after matching each pair e.g. rawprogram1 = patch 1; click download; rawprogram2 = patch 2; click download etc.

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
to 2: yes, i did.

About the rawprogram1 - rawprogram5: Do you know, if i need to download after matching each pair e.g. rawprogram1 = patch 1; click download; rawprogram2 = patch 2; click download etc.

Add all the rawprogram0.xml to rawprogram5.xml matching with patch0.xml to patch5.xml files to the Download list at once and press download button.

My experiment:
I have put my Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G into Download Mode (EDL) and run QFIL > Partition Manager. QFIL cannot access the partitions of my device. This probably means my device may require Provision to do this. So it may mean yours requires Provision to flash the firmware with QFIL also.

Now it's come to my most fear that you will need the Provision file which is not included in the fastboot firmware/ROM. You have to ask this file from Xiaomi Customer Services. And your device's warranty has been voided since you have unlocked bootloader.

Try 1 of the following methods.
1.Ask someone who has the same device as yours to ask Xiaomi Customer Services for Provision file. Tell them you need the file to back up partition of your device. The Customer Services may ask the serial number and other info about that person's device for verify the customer warranty.
2.Ask Xiaomi Customer Services for the Provision file for your deivce by yourself. Tell them that your device got brick and can be accessed only by Download Mode (EDL) via QPST or QFIL.
3.Google to find the Provision file for your device on the internet. It's very difficult. I still cannot find the Provision file for my old Redmi K30 5G released in Jan 2020, around 3 years ago.
4.Google the method to work around your Sahara error. And hope your device does not need Provision to flash the firmware via Download Mode (EDL).
5.No offense. If you have extra money, buy the new one and ask Xiaomi Customer Services for the Provision file. Or buy Lenovo devices. They are not required Provision to flash firmware via Download Mode (EDL).

If you have the Provision file, ask me again of how to do Provision. Or google the way to do Provision on the internet.

Wish you best luck. 🙏🙏

nappi90

Nov 26, 2022
Add all the rawprogram0.xml to rawprogram5.xml matching with patch0.xml to patch5.xml files to the Download list at once and press download button.

My experiment:
I have put my Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G into Download Mode (EDL) and run QFIL > Partition Manager. QFIL cannot access the partitions of my device. This probably means my device may require Provision to do this. So it may mean yours requires Provision to flash the firmware with QFIL also.

Now it's come to my most fear that you will need the Provision file which is not included in the fastboot firmware/ROM. You have to ask this file from Xiaomi Customer Services. And your device's warranty has been voided since you have unlocked bootloader.

Try 1 of the following methods.
1.Ask someone who has the same device as yours to ask Xiaomi Customer Services for Provision file. Tell them you need the file to back up partition of your device. The Customer Services may ask the serial number and other info about that person's device for verify the customer warranty.
2.Ask Xiaomi Customer Services for the Provision file for your deivce by yourself. Tell them that your device got brick and can be accessed only by Download Mode (EDL) via QPST or QFIL.
3.Google to find the Provision file for your device on the internet. It's very difficult. I still cannot find the Provision file for my old Redmi K30 5G released in Jan 2020, around 3 years ago.
4.Google the method to work around your Sahara error. And hope your device does not need Provision to flash the firmware via Download Mode (EDL).
5.No offense. If you have extra money, buy the new one and ask Xiaomi Customer Services for the Provision file. Or buy Lenovo devices. They are not required Provision to flash firmware via Download Mode (EDL).

If you have the Provision file, ask me again of how to do Provision. Or google the way to do Provision on the internet.

Wish you best luck. 🙏🙏
Thanks a lot for your big effort to help me. Seems like i need this EDL mode. Currently, i am in Beijing in lockdown and its not the best time to go around and find a mi customer service. Meanwhile, i look for a solution for the sahara problem (see point 4).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Symptoms:

What happened:

• start flash_all

Thanks a lot!

nappi

I guessed you downloaded and flashed the wrong firmwares/ROM to your device. This caused serious brick (the hardest brick) to your device. All the wrong firmwares have been flashed to every single partitions of your device. That's why your device can neither boot up nor enter fastboot mode. I got my Lenovo Yoga Tab 13 and some other Qualcomm devices into this serious brick. I got my Lenovo Yoga Tab 13 this brick by relocking bootloader. The only method that can fix your device error is to use QPST QFIL.

Requirements:
    1.Windows 10 x64 preferred or above with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) enabled. Because QFIL in QPST requires Sahara server (Linux) to run on your Windows.
    2.Download and install HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver for your Windows version.
    3.Download and install QPST to your PC.
    4.Download and unzip the correct fastboot ROM for your device to your PC. There are files with .img inside the zipped file. For example, boot.img, recovery.img and many others.

I am not sure if Mi Pad 5 Pro requires Provision process to flash via QPST or not? Some Qualcomm devices, for example Chuwi Hi Pad Pro, require Provision before getting permission to flash via Download mode using QPST.

Watch this tutorial to see the how-to-use-QFIL video. This video is quite old. There may be some chages in QFIL. You can google the newer tutorial about QFIL.

While your device does not show nothing but the black screen, follow the steps below:
    1.Assumingly you have completed all the requirements above, open QFIL.
    2.Connect USB from your PC to your device.
    3.Load XML by matching all the files of rawprogram#.xml with patch#.xml. For example, If there are 6 files of rawprogram0.xml to rawprogram5.xml. You have to add rawprogram0.xml matching patch0.xml until rawprogram5.xml matching with patch5.xml to the Download list.
    4.Press Download button in QFIL.
    5.Hold volume Down (Some Qualcomm devices are volume UP and some are both volume at the same time) and press power button many times until the download process of QFIL starting up. This means your device has entered Download Mode.
    6.Wait until the download process completed. Hopefully there is no error or no Provision process required.
    7.Disconnect the USB from your device.
    8.Your device should boot up showing Mi logo. If not, hold power button to try booting up your device.

Hope you can fix this. Or your device will turn into one of the most expensive paper weight.