Question Xiaomi POCO X3 issues with AOSP

Search This thread

jahro_me

May 1, 2021
Hi,

i found the Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro very appealing, but now i am not so sure anymore. Technically it seems to have very nice features, but the MIUI Software is full of crap i don't need. I found the slogan "Everything you need, nothing you don't" completely inappropriate and I decided to install a Generic Systems Image (GSI) by the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with Google Mobile Services (GMS). It is enough, when Google get's my data, I don't want Xiaomi to have it as well. OK, so I had to wait one whole week to unlock my bootloader with the Mi BatchUnlock tool and finally I have made it and installed a clean GSI.

Seemed to be working pretty well. I have set up my Google account and wanted to test some Videos on YouTube. But i had to realize, that the sound is completely lagging with the YouTube App as well as within Chrome Browser. Furthermore, the refreshrate of the Screen seems to be 60 instead of the praised 120Hz and it sometimes flickers before turning off.

I am not sure, if I chose a wrong developer option that made this phone so slow. Does anyone have similar issues or even a solution?

Please answer, the smartphone isn't usable in this state.

Best regards,
Jahro_me