• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xiaomi programmed obsolescence on battery

Search This thread

josenitro

Dec 4, 2012
I tested, I put the phone to play videos until it turned off. In 1% I cleared battery stats.
Then plugged the charger and entered the TWRP and unplugged. Put the backlight to maximum, and the phone stayed on more than an hour!
Then I plugged the charger 1.5A and let it charge to max.

It worked, now the phone has a steady discharge, not discharge 100% to 80 in an hour.

I will do this procedure from time to time. not the best for the battery, but is needed in mi9...

It's an absurd that this problem exists in 2020, my galaxy S2 don't have such harsh problems with something so simple and basic like battery management!

I have Just reset the battwry stats a d ir looks likebgixed thebpriblem with battery capacity. After the procedure the charge counter got to 2998 as in the picture

I'll be commenting in SOT as soon as I reach zero

Thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-20-16-53-13-107_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-20-16-53-13-107_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: bczero99

josenitro

Dec 4, 2012
Well this was weird. The battery improved in capacity after the procedure to 2998, during the night the phone died and this morning battery was absolute 0 being uncapable of ringing the alarm or even waking to show the battery led. This alarmed me but today after charging the capacity rose again showing almost the original while connected and dropping after unplugging to near 3000.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-161002.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-161002.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20200821-160953.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-160953.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 229

bczero99

Aug 25, 2020
I can confirm this. AIDA64 said my battery was at 2550mah capacity when fully charged. I followed this procedure and now after being fully charged, it says 3125 mah, which is much better.

I'm curious about the screen on time now. Me happy. Thanks!
I will try this on my Mi 9... Thanks guys

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk

usopheak

Jan 30, 2012
I tested, I put the phone to play videos until it turned off. In 1% I cleared battery stats.
Then plugged the charger and entered the TWRP and unplugged. Put the backlight to maximum, and the phone stayed on more than an hour!

It worked, now the phone has a steady discharge, not discharge 100% to 80 in an hour.

I will do this procedure from time to time. not the best for the battery, but is needed in mi9...

It's an absurd that this problem exists in 2020, my galaxy S2 don't have such harsh problems with something so simple and basic like battery management!

I tried to follow the instruction (but maybe i did it incorrectly), after few tries, my battery health is even worst, it's from 75% down to 71%. If possible, can i get more details step by step instruction. Thanks in advance.
3n2zc1b9fwspBjpz9

Nate91

Apr 17, 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you about the tip for battery (TWRP), but I have one problem. I did this 10 days ago and battery got much better, although worse with every day that passed. Today I repeated the discharge to 0% with the help of TWRP. It again stayed at full brightness for almost 1 hour and 40 minutes, when MIUI shut down. What can I do? It got back to as it was in only 10 days. Using xiaomi.eu ROM.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

vitabissj

Jun 12, 2017
Firstly I would like to thank you about the tip for battery (TWRP), but I have one problem. I did this 10 days ago and battery got much better, although worse with every day that passed. Today I repeated the discharge to 0% with the help of TWRP. It again stayed at full brightness for almost 1 hour and 40 minutes, when MIUI shut down. What can I do? It got back to as it was in only 10 days. Using xiaomi.eu ROM.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I had similar issues. It did work in the beginning. It actually displayed 3150mah and I was able to run it down all to 0%.
But after a few weeks it started to decline alot. So I repeated the process and then it also shut down at above 0%
So I just decided to replace my battery. Waiting for it to arrive.

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
The best advice I can give is to use MIUI 11 and use the Debloat thread . And include in the debloat the finddevide service.

After I used the xiaomi section mi phone stopped the hemorrage of battery of 1.8% an hour to only 0.2%.

Last edited:

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
After months of testing, this is the best solution: I've done 2 times the procedure and my battery stayed at the same performance level after some months.

Before doing the debloat my phone regained the performance level but always looses the "performance" in the next weeks.

But after the debloat the performance stayed. The "sys\devices\platform\soc.....\charge_full" file returned to almost original setting with "3288000" (a brand new battery is 330000). And the display ON hours not degraded.

THEN my conclusion is that some malicious xiaomi app is artificially degrading the performance, changing some setting in the system to falsely show a damaged battery.

Resume:
1. Use the latest MIUI 11
2. Debloat and include "finddevice" service
3. Do the procedure I described some posts before (drain the battery to absolute zero)
4. Enjoy a normal phone for gods sake

Last edited:
Reactions: pavoleo

pavoleo

Sep 29, 2012
Valencia
After months of testing, this is the best solution: I've done 2 times the procedure and my battery stayed at the same performance level after some months.

Before doing the debloat my phone regained the performance level but always looses the "performance" in the next weeks.

But after the debloat the performance stayed. The "sys\devices\platform\soc.....\charge_full" file returned to almost original setting with "3288000" (a brand new battery is 330000). And the display ON hours not degraded.

THEN my conclusion is that some malicious xiaomi app is artificially degrading the performance, changing some setting in the system to falsely show a damaged battery.

Resume:
1. Use MIUI 11
2. Debloat and inlcuide "finddevice" service
3. Do the procedure I described some posts before (drain the battery to absolute zero)
It works with miui 12.5 and android 11? Miui 11 is... a little discontinued? xD

miksly

Feb 9, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 9

Resume:
1. Use MIUI 11
Hi!
Hi had 12.5 for 1 week. my battery was 100% on morning and 1% at 17:00 ! so, i install 11.0.9.0 and i charge on morning and it arrive at 1% on morning of next day! i don't understand what is the battery drainer app. but i remain on 11.

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
It works with miui 12.5 and android 11? Miui 11 is... a little discontinued? xD
If you want a normal Mi 9 you have to stay in Miui 11.

And I'm not an stupid boy that runs to have the "latest". I'm not in this dumb race you know. This is just useless waste of time.(And I don't know why people are so into this, this is so dumb that I cant say in words...).
Miui 11 have EVERYTHING that I need.

And, every new version of android we loose more liberty, google is battling agains root and great things that come with it.

borjav2

Apr 3, 2018

Resume:
1. Use MIUI 11
What versión of miui 11 did you recommend? Im in 11.0.6 with a new battery and i get 4:15 of SoT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You will need root.
    Then are several apps that can do it. Like l speed or adiutor.
    H, since I updated from miui 10 to miui 11 and even now that I have miui 12 I have noticed that the battery doesn't last as long as before. I state that since I purchased the phone (July 2019) I have always charged the battery in the best way trying to never go below 20% and trying not to go beyond 80% so I don't think a battery can lose more than 30% of its real capacity in less than a year of life. Starting to investigate I found that the battery does not charge at its real capacity i.e. 3300 mAh but at around 2200/2300 mAh. To verify all this I have carried out several tests and the easiest way to verify it is to look at the battery characteristics through the AIDA64 app (screenshot below). From these tests it seems that the device limits the real battery capacity by not allowing it to be charged to its maximum capacity. A reply to what I wrote can be found by looking at some system files that are located in /sys/class/power_supply/battery. In particular, looking at the file called charge_full (screenshot below) you can see how the value of the file is much lower than the real battery capacity. I hope someone more competent than I can understand how to solve this hateful problem and I also invite you to check the value to try to better understand the cause of this problem.
    view
    I'm using miuimix 12.0.2 stable and the capacity is not 3300, either.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

And sorry i don't know how to post a picture, mine is 2943.

Resume:
    1. Use the latest MIUI 11
    2. Debloat and include "finddevice" service