• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xiaomi QIN 1s Hacking Thread

Search This thread

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Xiaomi QIN 1S Hacking Mega-Thread!

jugVqtI.png

I decided to go ahead and buy a Xiaomi QIN 1s feature phone. Unlike other feature phones, it runs a version of Android. Since there doesn't seem to be any threads here on XDA, I thought I'd start one.

SPECS
k4hW73j.png

I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda that will let you install apks. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

If you don't want to download the tool (which also helps with ADB) here are the steps to obtain root:

-- Install the driver on your PC
-- Dial: *#*#83781#*#* To Open the Engineering Menu
-- Find the section "Debug & Log" and enable "Allow Debug"
-- Open the Settings app
-- Find "about phone"
-- Click "Build number" multiple times until you see "You are now a Developer!"
-- Go to "Developer options" and then turn on USB Debugging
-- Connect your phone to your computer (MTP)
-- Using ADB, push the apk to the device
-- ???
-- Profit

You can use this method to install any applications, not just root the phone. Remember, however, we only have 256mb of RAM and a total of 512mb of storage. Definitely not for gaming and you will definitely want an SD Card. I can confirm QQ and WeChat work fine when installed.

Let's get this rooted!

Big shoutout to Frolkin who helped me get the original tool and gaguga for making the tool!

Attachments

• RomasterSu_3.4.5_170811T1200_2075_r.apk
    12.3 MB · Views: 6,482
Last edited:

foureight84

Mar 28, 2011
NICE! Thank you so much for posting that code. I have been searching for this code but couldn't find anything until yesterday.

So far I've sideloaded spotify lite and it doesn't work that well. Get stuck on the playlist view and can't scroll further down beyond the top banner.
Google Maps Go doesn't work without chrome and I can't install chrome because there isn't enough space.

Since mocor5 is on kitkat 4.4.4, would the hack to allow system to write to SD Card work to enable additional space for app installation?

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
NICE! Thank you so much for posting that code. I have been searching for this code but couldn't find anything until yesterday.

So far I've sideloaded spotify lite and it doesn't work that well. Get stuck on the playlist view and can't scroll further down beyond the top banner.
Google Maps Go doesn't work without chrome and I can't install chrome because there isn't enough space.

Since mocor5 is on kitkat 4.4.4, would the hack to allow system to write to SD Card work to enable additional space for app installation?

It should. I don't see why not. It might be worth it to just root the Qin and install apks directly to the sd card. The spotify issue is most likely because the app doesn't support the dpad.

foureight84

Mar 28, 2011
It should. I don't see why not. It might be worth it to just root the Qin and install apks directly to the sd card. The spotify issue is most likely because the app doesn't support the dpad.

Yep the spotify issue is 100% because of that. The mouse pointer works but on certain views like the playlist, the scroll doesn't register. I wish the next version would add a a touch feature. Even if it's the same screen size, I think that would be a perfect device.

I have been looking for a replacement and get away from bulky and constantly connected smartphones without losing some of the nicer features like streaming music and using maps when I get lost. The hotspot feature makes this phone much more compelling to use too.

danio40

May 23, 2011
ROOT/ ROM download

jugVqtI.png

I decided to go ahead and buy a Xiaomi QIN 1s feature phone. Unlike other feature phones, it runs a version of Android. Since there doesn't seem to be any threads here on XDA, I thought I'd start one.

SPECS
k4hW73j.png

After seeing vague rumors of it being possible to root the QIN 1s, I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

If you don't want to download the tool (which also helps with ADB) here are the steps to obtain root:

-- Open the Settings app
-- Find "about phone"
-- Using ADB, push either iroot or kingroot apk to your device
-- ???
-- Profit

You can use this method to install any applications, not just root the phone. Remember, however, we only have 256mb of RAM and a total of 512mb of storage. Definitely not for gaming and you will definitely want an SD Card. I can confirm QQ and WeChat work fine when installed.

Let's see how far we can crack this phone open!

Big shoutout to Frolkin who helped me get the original tool and gaguga for making the tool!

Hi This app doesn't work to root that Xiaomi and do you know how to download ROM without ROOT?

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi This app doesn't work to root that Xiaomi and do you know how to download ROM without ROOT?

I don't know how to download an unrooted rom, sorry. Also, I put in the post that you need to load either Kingroot or iroot. However, I have uploaded iroot to the post. please check.

EDIT: hmm... I guess you're right. My new 1s comes in about two weeks, and then I'll be able to test it more extensively. It's possible that it may give you temp root after running it and you can manually install supersu from there

Last edited:

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Yep the spotify issue is 100% because of that. The mouse pointer works but on certain views like the playlist, the scroll doesn't register. I wish the next version would add a a touch feature. Even if it's the same screen size, I think that would be a perfect device.

I have been looking for a replacement and get away from bulky and constantly connected smartphones without losing some of the nicer features like streaming music and using maps when I get lost. The hotspot feature makes this phone much more compelling to use too.

Yeah! that's what interested me in it. I don't necessarily need a touch screen, but a 5mp camera on the back would be nice for the few times I do take photos.

danio40

May 23, 2011
I don't know how to download an unrooted rom, sorry. Also, I put in the post that you need to load either Kingroot or iroot. However, I have uploaded iroot to the post. please check.

EDIT: hmm... I guess you're right. My new 1s comes in about two weeks, and then I'll be able to test it more extensively. It's possible that it may give you temp root after running it and you can manually install supersu from there

I'm trying both Iroot and kingroot nothing still unrooted.
Also I tried to use a box miracle SPD to download but no luck it stuck on loading FDL and freeze.

danio40

May 23, 2011
What does fastboot devices show? Do you have all the drivers installed? Does it show up in the upgrade tool?

I'm trying now kingoRoot PC version. I useed xiaomi ADB to see if the bootloader is locked. It shows that is locked. I have got debugging ON. There is a big issue with a space on that phone. kingroot installed only and it comes up as no memory. Maybe that is the case why is not rooting so I'm trying now after RESET the phone to use PC version - maybe will work.
After that i'm going to bed sorry but we can play tomorrow anytime

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

I'm trying now kingoRoot PC version. I useed xiaomi ADB to see if the bootloader is locked. It shows that is locked. I have got debugging ON. There is a big issue with a space on that phone. kingroot installed only and it comes up as no memory. Maybe that is the case why is not rooting so I'm trying now after RESET the phone to use PC version - maybe will work.

Also yes all drivers I think I have got installed. When it is fastboot mode it is just says that 2 words nothing else. No menu. I dont have upgrade tool.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Also yes all drivers I think I have got installed. When it is fastboot mode it is just says that 2 words nothing else. No menu. I dont have upgrade tool.

Okay, keep me updated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

jugVqtI.png

SPECS
    k4hW73j.png

I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda that will let you install apks. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

-- Open the Settings app
    -- Find "about phone"
    -- Using ADB, push the apk to the device
    -- ???
    -- Profit

Let's get this rooted!

Qinpad with Greek characters

Just in case anyone needs it, I have used the source code from github to build an apk based on the 0.3 version for the application that supports Greek characters / Greek layout as well. Here is the file in the attachment. Also as a disclaimer, I do not consider myself a developer. I have no idea how to add this code back to github. Please contact me if you think you want the code to upload it or use it otherwise.

Cheers!
    Hello
    Try this keyboard
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=912205&view=findpost&p=83537682
    How to enable: from the main menu we launch and immediately get to the input method settings dialog. Remove the check mark from the stock and put it on the QinPad.
    Switch layout - grid, register - asterisk. There is no separate layout for digital input. Add. characters enter by enumerating zero and one.
    Here is root method,allow apps installation and more for Qin 1S+ model:

https://www.myworldbooks.cn/archives/680

Good luck.
    Need Qin1S pac firmware ? Any one have it?