• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro APK restriction hack/rooting

Search This thread

Afader

Aug 31, 2021
H70f5be4324f143398e196fb66484c568v.jpg

Now we have a full-featured 2.8 inch Android 11 smartphone in the format of a classic push-button phone released, having a touchscreen, GPS, BT5.0, IR remote control, dual-band Wi-Fi, two cameras, and all this with MTK A22 chipset. Obviously, QIN F21 Pro is the best in its class.
Unfortunately, QIN F21 Pro is positioned by the manufacturer as a phone for students, hence they closed (and keep closing in the new versions of the firmware!) loopholes and ways to install own third-party software, so there is no standard ability to install any apk locally or through adb, and in the native Chinese market there are only educational programs for China.

The only way to install your own software is the APK renaming and its substitution via PC at the moment when it is being downloaded by the official App Market.

So, guys, any ideas of how to make this phone unchained? It has big potential indeed, so having Google Services would be great, but the bootloader is locked, the FW is signed, MTK flashing tool refuses to flash unsigned paritions.

qb74

Dec 2, 2016
I wonder, I've read that this device is rootable (there seems to be some guides on chinese forums about this) I just couldn't find any info regarding if it has a unlocked bootloader? Would LineageOS be possible on this? Global version is coming later this year, according to this video.

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Ive ordered 2 cracked Chinese units with the mtk6761 with unlocked bootloader + root + playstore.
The rumored Global version will be using the Unisoc T310 soc with its bootloader cannot be unlocked and very secured based on 2 years old phones running it

Y8765

Nov 19, 2019
Ive ordered 2 cracked Chinese units with the mtk6761 with unlocked bootloader + root + playstore.
The rumored Global version will be using the Unisoc T310 soc with its bootloader cannot be unlocked and very secured based on 2 years old phones running it
Iv such unit, rooted, open for install, and with full gplay functionality, but its hard and long process for each device seperatly.
Iv tried a few GSI's, without success tho.

Reactions: Jbazt_katuforzs

Y8765

Nov 19, 2019
Unlocking unisoc bootloader was always a problem because you Need the rsa4096 private key, and generate a unique signature.bin for each device by its own token.

Reactions: Jbazt_katuforzs

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Iv such unit, rooted, open for install, and with full gplay functionality, but its hard and long process for each device seperatly.
when it comes ill try to backup the firmware making a scatterfile via box so it could be flash using mtk flashtool. maybe you could try that. theres also lots of turtorials how to backup MTK firmware and create a scatterfile with that if the device can boot to preloader mode

cool! does contacts syncs properly? does it has a custom TWRP already? can it boot recovery via adb or other root advanced reboot app?

Last edited:

Y8765

Nov 19, 2019
when it comes ill try to backup the firmware making a scatterfile via box so it could be flash using mtk flashtool. maybe you could try that. theres also lots of turtorials how to backup MTK firmware and create a scatterfile with that if the device can boot to preloader mode

cool! does contacts syncs properly? does it has a custom TWRP already? can it boot recovery via adb or other root advanced reboot app?
The root is normal.
Pre-installed.
Iv made it with a friend, device dont have twrp, iv full backup of the firmware, she will not worked without unlock BL, unless you have the vbmeta keys to re-sign them

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
The root is normal.
Pre-installed.
Iv made it with a friend, device dont have twrp, iv full backup of the firmware, she will not worked without unlock BL, unless you have the vbmeta keys to re-sign them
the seller said its unlocked bootloader. i dunno maybe just have to wait untill it arrives.

have you tried something like this https://www.reddit.com/r/androidroot/comments/loh3nl
would you mind sharing your root+playstore firmware backup so those who bought the chinese version could try to flash it on theirs?

Last edited:

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Do you know how to flash firmware?
Do you have full firmware? Can you enter factory flash mode? There are many tools on the internet how to bypass mtk soc securities for dumping and flashing full firmware. Its funny Chinese not sharing the proceedure how to do it when it will help a lot to a Chinese company to sell their phones. I talked to the seller, and he/she said the technician wont teach them how to globalize the phone. They want to send them EVERY UNIT asking money just to remove the phone's Google restrictions. What a greedy way of thinking. Xda should bann those kind of people here 🤔.
The phone with google services could kill all past and future kai OS devices. The world deservers that upgrade to every over priced kai OS dumb phones to become not so dumb.

Last edited:

achakian0000

Nov 30, 2020
Do you have full firmware?
yes
Can you enter factory flash mode?
I could not flash because need a suitable DA
There are many tools on the internet how to bypass mtk soc securities for dumping and flashing full firmware.

Can I link to the guide?
Its funny Chinese not sharing the proceedure how to do it when it will help a lot to a Chinese company to sell their phones. I talked to the seller, and he/she said the technician wont teach them how to globalize the phone. They want to send them EVERY UNIT asking money just to remove the phone's Google restrictions. What a greedy way of thinking. Xda should bann those kind of people here 🤔.
The phone with google services could kill all past and future kai OS devices. The world deservers that upgrade to every over priced kai OS dumb phones to become not so dumb.
very true!

Y8765

Nov 19, 2019
Do you have full firmware? Can you enter factory flash mode? There are many tools on the internet how to bypass mtk soc securities for dumping and flashing full firmware. Its funny Chinese not sharing the proceedure how to do it when it will help a lot to a Chinese company to sell their phones. I talked to the seller, and he/she said the technician wont teach them how to globalize the phone. They want to send them EVERY UNIT asking money just to remove the phone's Google restrictions. What a greedy way of thinking. Xda should bann those kind of people here 🤔.
You need to learn to respect peoples wishes , no one ows you nothing , for start.
Because of the colture of over sharing , you got used that everyone will do the job for you.
do you agree that i can choose either to share or not , something i worked a big amount of time on? good.
now for the process , first unlock BL (there is a free solution mtkClient on github), then disable vb meta's signatures ( google that as well ), after that , you need to edit the super.img manualy ( search for super.img's tools , im sure youll find a few ) for removing the restrictions , because of android 11 copy.past restrictions within the device.

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
NOT A DUMB PHONE ANYMORE!

The portability, stealth ability, and simplicity of a dumbphone + all the apps of a smartphone with 4/64 max variants. THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

It came with bootloader unlocked, with magisk and with playstore but need to tweak a bit to fix the crappy T9 input and store certification which is not a big deal.
get it here, I vouched this store have it. BUY HERE

Screenshot_20211005-071129.png
Screenshot_20211006-082050~2.png
Screenshot_20211005-071223.png
Screenshot_20211005-071418.png
Screenshot_20211005-071543.png
Screenshot_20211005-071427.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiShTuBaBu

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
You need to learn to respect peoples wishes , no one ows you nothing , for start.
Because of the colture of over sharing , you got used that everyone will do the job for you.
do you agree that i can choose either to share or not , something i worked a big amount of time on? good.
now for the process , first unlock BL (there is a free solution mtkClient on github), then disable vb meta's signatures ( google that as well ), after that , you need to edit the super.img manualy ( search for super.img's tools , im sure youll find a few ) for removing the restrictions , because of android 11 copy.past restrictions within the device.
yes you are right but the foundation of knowledge how you learn to do that stuffs might be a collective contribution from the open free community just like this site. Did you write the program to unlocked it? Did you spent countless hours coding and debugging for the soulution? but yeah you have your own reasons and i will always respect and understand that. We all have our differences on opinions, values, ways, and traditions on how to do stuffs.
People buy the phone and what if the phone suddenlly crashed? the seller/company might not release aftermarket technical support for the phone leaving owners in the dark and potentially waste their money without a means to restoring it back to a working state.

thank you very much for the process.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    at the moment its not for sharing :(
    About the tools you wrote, im using my own special once
    you know this site has the spirit of sharing the ideas and solutions so users alike could maximized their devices as much as possible right?

The portability, stealth ability, and simplicity of a dumbphone + all the apps of a smartphone with 4/64 max variants. THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

It came with bootloader unlocked, with magisk and with playstore but need to tweak a bit to fix the crappy T9 input and store certification which is not a big deal.

I've done it few days ago, will release those toolchain later.
    I had a face-to-face communication with the CEO of the manufacturer and tried a Qin F21 Pro Plus (Unisoc T310) EVT for a short time. They may open ProPlus's BootLoader. Anyway, just wait. Once I am allowed to disclose more information, I will update it.
    you shouldve ask them if they will release the kernel sources as well
    i will :)
    Unlocking unisoc bootloader was always a problem because you Need the rsa4096 private key, and generate a unique signature.bin for each device by its own token.
    at the moment its not for sharing :(
    About the tools you wrote, im using my own special once
    you know this site has the spirit of sharing the ideas and solutions so users alike could maximized their devices as much as possible right?

I've done it few days ago, will release those toolchain later.