Xiaomi redmi 9a and 64bit android

Search This thread

itexas

Aug 21, 2020
Hello Everyone.
I have a xiaomi redmi 9a phone and it has android 10-32bit installed.
Is there a possibility to install somehow Android 10 or any other version of android but to be 64-bit?
I bought this phone only because of the DJI FLY app which unfortunately can't run on 32bit android.
Also before buying the phone I had nowhere to check if the software version was 32bit or 64bit but now is to late:)
The phone's hardware is 64bit.

thanks for answer

itexas

Aug 21, 2020
If you are sure that the phone's hardware is 64bit, I think you may try to install a Android 10 64bit rom.

But now, I wonder how to check if the software version and a phone hardware are 32bit or 64bit.
Thanks. Have a good weekend.

I checked with test programs and it says that 64 bit is the architecture, but the android is 32bit

itexas

Aug 21, 2020
I waited seven days to unlock the phone and that’s all right. Now I have a problem with twrp. I can't install any, that is, when I install various versions, the phone just turns itself off and on. The question is, is there a TWRP version for my phone (Xiaomi REDMI 9a) or is there some other solution to this problem?

thanks for answer

TheDarkPerson03

Jan 10, 2021
I waited seven days to unlock the phone and that’s all right. Now I have a problem with twrp. I can't install any, that is, when I install various versions, the phone just turns itself off and on. The question is, is there a TWRP version for my phone (Xiaomi REDMI 9a) or is there some other solution to this problem?

thanks for answer

i think redmi 9a doesn't have TWRP recovery just yet (i have one and currently using it as my main device) because one, redmi 9a doesn't have any custom rom for the time being and second, the chip is MediaTek. As far as I know, MediaTek doesn't roll out their source code to the public, unlike Qualcomm (Snapdragon) which its better to the developers. That's why we also see Snapdragon devices got custom roms all over the place, for example Pocophone F1, which coincidentally being made by Xiaomi. My advice is just hold it for longer, or just change your phone to a Snapdragon-powered device.

I am currently daily driving the Redmi 9A because I already bricked 4 phones throughout the 2021 year and because I am trying to let myself also not to brick another device.

BilalBZaka

• Jun 29, 2020
    i think redmi 9a doesn't have TWRP recovery just yet (i have one and currently using it as my main device) because one, redmi 9a doesn't have any custom rom for the time being and second, the chip is MediaTek. As far as I know, MediaTek doesn't roll out their source code to the public, unlike Qualcomm (Snapdragon) which its better to the developers. That's why we also see Snapdragon devices got custom roms all over the place, for example Pocophone F1, which coincidentally being made by Xiaomi. My advice is just hold it for longer, or just change your phone to a Snapdragon-powered device.

I am currently daily driving the Redmi 9A because I already bricked 4 phones throughout the 2021 year and because I am trying to let myself also not to brick another device.
    same i did brick my redmi 9a but got it back 2 times because of warrenty because xiaomi doesn't void warrenty if you root your phone :)