Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 doesn't boot, shows blinking red led when connected to charger

Search This thread

unknowaguiar

Aug 12, 2017
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 for a little over a week and just got this issue.
I don't know why over the night the phone turned off an when i woke up and tried turning it on it just wouldn't boot. When i connected it to the charger it it would only show a blinking red light in the notifications led when i tried to turn it on. Is this a common problem? Is there any solution? Please help. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

GabrielScott

Jan 15, 2016
England is my City
I don't know why over the night the phone turned off an when i woke up and tried turning it on it just wouldn't boot. When i connected it to the charger it it would only show a blinking red light in the notifications led when i tried to turn it on. Is this a common problem? Is there any solution? Please help. Thanks in advance

Probably, the phone fully drained its battery power. (Cuz of red notif led).

Plug your phone and let it charge. Check the LED if changed color to yellow

GabrielScott

Jan 15, 2016
England is my City
Last edited:

unknowaguiar

Aug 12, 2017
Can i ask if fastboot works (pressing power+vol down) and try to reset it. And boot it again.

Reference:

Try other methods too on that link.

Dont forget to plug your phone, charge it about 3 to 5 minutes.

It begins turning on if i press long enough, but instantly shuts down because no battery (i have it connected to the charger). When i turn it on on fastboot mode it just gets stuck there with that rabit fixing an android robot image and doesn't do anything else...

GabrielScott

Jan 15, 2016
England is my City
It begins turning on if i press long enough, but instantly shuts down because no battery (i have it connected to the charger). When i turn it on on fastboot mode it just gets stuck there with that rabit fixing an android robot image and doesn't do anything else...

Very sorry! I meant Recovery mode (hold the volume up & power button) then reformat it. Do it while charging.

Last edited:

unknowaguiar

Aug 12, 2017
Very sorry! I meant Recovery mode (hold the volume up & power button) then reformat it. Do it while charging.

On recovery mode it does the same it does on normal boot, just starts de red flashing led if it is connected to the charger...
I guess i'l have to send it back to China to warranty, another month without phone...
Thanks a lot for all the help tho!!

valantismkr0612

May 26, 2018
my phone closed by battery and i went to charge it but when it comes to 58% an wanted to tyrn it off the only thing that it did is to show the mi.com and in the bottom of the screen powerd by android and then it didn't turned on it's only stuck on the mi.com. Any solution please.....???