• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12.5 stable update based on Android 11 finally rolling out (Download link inside)

Search This thread

lagos911

Jan 25, 2009
I just got it today

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 75

-Tiz-

Jul 5, 2010
Can someone please upload a stock recovery working with MIUI 12.5 (so that I can flash this stock recovery via fastboot)? Many thanks!

Dec 7, 2020
I managed to root miui 12.5 A11 (EEA) using this tutorial from santoshhh000. I should note that after following the tutorial I got a bootloop, but that was because my data was encrypted. After formatting data this method works, and I assume it'll work without formatting data as well as long as the data isn't encrypted. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: donkyshot

donkyshot

Dec 19, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I managed to root miui 12.5 A11 (EEA) using this tutorial from santoshhh000. I should note that after following the tutorial I got a bootloop, but that was because my data was encrypted. After formatting data this method works, and I assume it'll work without formatting data as well as long as the data isn't encrypted. Hope this helps :)
That's great news, thanks!

-Tiz-

Jul 5, 2010
I am already on MIUI 12.5 EEA (unrooted) and kept my encrypted data. Is there any way to root it without formatting data? If not: what's the recommended way to backup data without root so that I can restore data after I rooted MIUI 12.5.

Many thanks!

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
MOD EDIT: Link Removed

This is for MIUI 12.5 (has Magisk included).

I haven't tested this.

Compass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
I have tested this. Doesn't work without data wipe, and haven't tested with data wipe (can't do that to daily driver)
Even with a data wipe it's possible to restore apps + data (ideally with root), using apps such as OAndBackupX, Migrate, Swift Backup or the cloud (Google Drive), each with its own limitations.

I use OAndBackupX and very few apps don't backup/restore properly.

I never backup/restore system + data (has a bigger chance to cause issues), so there's some extra work to configure the system again to your liking.

Those of you using MIUI 12.5.x, any ideas on a workaround for the battery drain while idle?

Compass.

Reactions: kekesed97

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
Łódź
Is there any (non-root) way to change lockscreen clock's font colour in 12.5.3? Cause on 12.0.6 it was black and now it's white despite of (stock) theme used... And I'm using light lockscreen wallpaper...

MR.DOOMSDAY

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
After updating the miui version, i cant cast to the anycast in my room, while i can connect it to my hisense tv in the hall, my redmi 9 and samsung m31 is still connecting to the anycast but just my note 8 pro not connecting. It shows anycast ( recent) and then it suddenly shows 0 device available and the anycast shows miracast waiting for wifi disconnection. The problem is in my phone and only after the update, any idea? Or do i have till the next update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Link Removed

This is for MIUI 12.5 (has Magisk included).

I haven't tested this.

Compass.
    I have tested this. Doesn't work without data wipe, and haven't tested with data wipe (can't do that to daily driver)
    Actually, it's bootlooping due to custom recovery..
    I just did it like this:
    - Download MIUI 12.5 Global from xiaomifirmwareupdater
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash from recovery
    - Reboot to bootloader (using adb reboot bootloader or just boot to fastboot mode by rebooting and holding down the VOL_DN)
    - Flash stock recovery (get it from xiaomifirmwareupdater, download previous ROM and extract recovery.img)

And with above I'm currently running MIUI 12.5.1. It's basically updated, I've lost no data.
    I'm gonna dig in tomorrow for flashing custom recovery if i can find some working with this..

EDIT:
    It may be that in order for TWRP to work on this ROM, a full wipe will need to be performed.
    It's bootlooping due to patched vbmeta (vbmeta flashed with --disable-verity --disable-verification). So I'm unable to get TWRP to work. We might need some developer assistance ?
    So my suspicion confirmed coz the old ROM zip got recovery image but the A11 ROM doesn't have so many files in it including recovery.img.
    Thanks for confirmation & guide....
    So, basically there's no way to root it for noW?
    TWRP A11 file from telegram begonia group, magisk app patch boot.img and flash patched .img file
    but without patching vbmeta, it'll just bootloop even with A11 ver TWRP, right?
    i patched vbmeta before flashing twrp_A11, no reboot loop.
    try format data
    Even with a data wipe it's possible to restore apps + data (ideally with root), using apps such as OAndBackupX, Migrate, Swift Backup or the cloud (Google Drive), each with its own limitations.

I use OAndBackupX and very few apps don't backup/restore properly.

I never backup/restore system + data (has a bigger chance to cause issues), so there's some extra work to configure the system again to your liking.

Those of you using MIUI 12.5.x, any ideas on a workaround for the battery drain while idle?

Compass.