How To Guide Xiaomi Smart Pen firmware update error

Search This thread
Good evening all,
From 2 days I'm trying to update my Smart Pen, but always I got an error.
Also I was looking on xiaomi.cn but method with turning on and off WiFi and Bluetooth location doesn't work.
Maybe somebody here met this problem too?

FIX:

If someone will have the same problem, just unpair all devices, especially headphones and gamepads also Smart Pen itself :D
After that reboot your device, and re-pair Smart Pen, open Settings -> Stylus & keyboard -> click "Check for updates" -> deattach stylus and start updating.

Screenshot_2021-11-12-19-47-05-463_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-12-19-48-48-838_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-15-17-34-20-629_com.android.settings.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wakko42

Peterpaulmarie

Aug 21, 2011
Munich
Thanks for the information.
I'm on the same ROM and could update to 00.00.0703 without any problems.
Sorry, I couldn't help.

supremoh

Nov 16, 2014
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Good evening all,
From 2 days I'm trying to update my Smart Pen, but always I got an error.
Also I was looking on xiaomi.cn but method with turning on and off WiFi and Bluetooth location doesn't work.
Maybe somebody here met this problem too?

FIX:

If someone will have the same problem, just unpair all devices, especially headphones and gamepads also Smart Pen itself :D
After that reboot your device, and re-pair Smart Pen, open Settings -> Stylus & keyboard -> click "Check for updates" -> deattach stylus and start updating.

View attachment 5459115View attachment 5459117View attachment 5459119
Is there any step you followed you didn't write in this comment?
I had the same issue but the workaround you offer doesn't help me.

Is there any step you followed you didn't write in this comment?
I had the same issue but the workaround you offer doesn't help me.
1. Disconnect all Bluetooth device, even Stylus and don't attach
2. Turn off WiFi
3. Reboot device
4. Re-attach stylus and wait for connection, make sure that only Stylus are connected
5. Turn on WiFi
6. Open Stylus & Keyboard settings > Update firmware > check for updates > Update
PS.: You can try disable Option from screenshot, I found it helped someone

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_194340.jpg
    IMG_20211119_194340.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 858

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
I'm at the same situation.
I see the pen in my bt devices, but it´s named K81 CS(DFU) and i cant connect to it.

I had that too, you guys didn't remove the pen from the side before before pressing the install update did you? just reboot the tablet, follow the same steps as above. But for step 6. Open Stylus & Keyboard settings > Update firmware > check for updates >detach pen from tablet > press Update.

Thats how i got around it, hope it does for you guys as well

Reactions: The LKS

major421

Nov 20, 2021
I had that too, you guys didn't remove the pen from the side before before pressing the install update did you? just reboot the tablet, follow the same steps as above. But for step 6. Open Stylus & Keyboard settings > Update firmware > check for updates >detach pen from tablet > press Update.

Thats how i got around it, hope it does for you guys as well
the problem is, that the pen isn´t reconnecting... :(

Reactions: The LKS

Phil_1970

Nov 30, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 9
POCO M2 Pro
Ok, I have followed the previous solutions and various versions of such solutions.
I think I have a newer solution to try.
The pen has a bluetooth option for sharing contacts. This was not enabled - security, why will the pen use my contact details???
So, I removed/ unpaired my pen. Reconnected and this time added the contacts sharing. Possible that I could have simply ticked the contacts sharing???
This time when updating, the bar along the bottom of screen appeared and the pen updated.

фяфчкфефт

Dec 28, 2021
сегодня пришел стилус иии ни в какую не хотел. снял защитный магнитный чехол и соединение с планшетом прошло на раз.

зы. упс за ник. забыл клавиатуру переключить

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

Today the stylus of the IRI did not want to come. took off the protective magnetic cover and the connection with the tablet went through once.

shl. oops for nickname. forgot to switch the keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexannino

Sep 13, 2012
Vilnius
сегодня пришел стилус иии ни в какую не хотел. снял защитный магнитный чехол и соединение с планшетом прошло на раз.

зы. упс за ник. забыл клавиатуру переключить

----------

Today the stylus of the IRI did not want to come. took off the protective magnetic cover and the connection with the tablet went through once.

shl. oops for nickname. forgot to switch the keyboard
Таже беда. Что решил с чехлом?

----------

The same trouble. What did you decide with the case?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What it worked for me is using a VPN in United States... I was stuck in 0601
    You are a genius! Thank you
    @фяфчкфефт Hi! I see that you're new here. Welcome to XDA! :) Please note that XDA is an international forum, and hence only English is permitted to be used across the website.

The above is as per the Forum Rules:
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

As a courtesy, I've added the English translation to your post. Going forward, kindly use English to post/reply on the forum. :)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

----------

Привет! Я вижу, что ты здесь новенький. Добро пожаловать на XDA! :) Обратите внимание, что XDA - международный форум, поэтому на сайте разрешено использовать только английский язык.

Вышеупомянутое соответствует Правилам форума:
    4. Используйте английский язык.

Мы понимаем, что не все люди разных национальностей хорошо говорят по-английски, но, пожалуйста, попробуйте. Если вы действительно не можете писать на английском, воспользуйтесь онлайн-переводчиком. Вы можете включить исходное сообщение на своем родном языке под английским переводом. (Это правило распространяется на ваши сообщения, записи профиля и подпись). Вы можете попробовать: - https://translate.google.com/ или https://www.babelfish.com/ или использовать один на ваш выбор.

В качестве любезности я добавил к вашему сообщению английский перевод. Забегая вперед, любезно используйте английский для сообщений / ответов на форуме. :)

С Уважением,
    shadowstep
    Модератор форума
    What it worked for me is using a VPN in United States... I was stuck in 0601
    @skater96

You are the man!

I too was stuck on 0601 and no amount of variations listed here worked. (although thank you to the OP as i am sure it helped many)

VPN'd into US and it updated :)
    I see the pen in my bt devices, but it´s named K81 CS(DFU) and i cant connect to it.