xiaomi spying

Search This thread

ZanarkandOkami

May 2, 2020
meanwhile Google (Android OS), Apple, Amazon + basically any company which sells any item with a camera or microphone which connects to the internet

dd0.jpg

ssamurai

Dec 29, 2012

I'm already aware of it not only xiaomi if you have FB installed it does so same for google apps or almost any apps, Im using some tool to monitor my network and im not even using my phone and I see that it's always exchanging data on the internet just to know that I didn't enable any cloud thing or any sync also I have put some Data on my phone when I was away from home and it went out so fast after I checked the apps that used it I found that almost 200 Mb of data is missing but it wasn't used by any app so there is an exchange but it's hidden, im thinking of using another rom and check

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
that's why i tell people to use gappless custom roms ...

What about the apps described here https://realspyapps.com/phone-tracker/? How to protect your data from such spy apps? They can get all your data as I've understood. Is it possible to protect a phone from hacking and data theft?
don't give apps data permission
and restrict all from internet access
if you have an app that need both ensure it dosn't have trackers
if you still don't trust use riru storage isolation ...

Reactions: blackhawk

sabei

Jul 9, 2020
Agree generally @loopypalm however I have been using AFWall+ and whitelisted (allowed) supposedly only 4 installed apps - but no system stuff. According to the logs it is blocking literally 000's of requests from the kernel/system and others. However I installed GlassWire the other day and it is showing it exchanging data in and out daily for "Android System".......... :-(
If accurate not sure there is any way to stop that as it must be buried very deep?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Karma Firewall, freeware that uses almost no battery.

China and the CCP are one in the same. The risk of embedded hardware, firmware and software spyware or back doors is high.
The CCP is insidious and nefarious... if you haven't noticed it already🤣

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
However I installed GlassWire the other day and it is showing it exchanging data in and out daily for "Android System".......... :-(
If accurate not sure there is any way to stop that as it must be buried very deep?
there is an app+process called 'NetworkStack' , that is responsable for app to use internet and it's consomation is counted under "Android System"

Karma Firewall, freeware that uses almost no battery
i read that it dosn't require root, so i'm not sure if it operate at a system level or just does this :
uu.jpg

sabei

Jul 9, 2020
there is an app+process called 'NetworkStack' , that is responsable for app to use internet and it's consomation is counted under "Android System"
yes that shows as a separate process on mine (1073) and is blocked/not allowed along with the rest
(I am still running AEX 7.3 - thanks again for the original recommendation)

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
yes that shows as a separate process on mine (1073) and is blocked/not allowed along with the rest
(I am still running AEX 7.3 - thanks again for the original recommendation)
you can block the package ,yes but not the process
it's the one thing that make you able to connect to wifi/4g ...

sabei

Jul 9, 2020
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
You have quoted an article written by someone selling spy apps...............hardly the most credible and has nothing to do with what I was referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
i think people should start editing the apps they work with to remove trackers and useless stuff ...
if you don't have the skills you can use the "mobilism" or "4pda forums" releases, i don't think i have the right to post their links here
other than that nobody can spy on you unless you r an idiot or if they use "Pegasus"

Reactions: pnin and blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
i think people should start editing the apps they work with to remove trackers and useless stuff ...
if you don't have the skills you can use the "mobilism" or "4pda forums" releases, i don't think i have the right to post their links here
other than that nobody can spy on you unless you r an idiot or if they use "Pegasus"
Easiest thing to do is either don't load crapware or firewall block it.
Amazon, WhatsApp, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn etc never are installed on my device.
Lots do then wonder why their battery life sucks and they have no privacy🤣

Reactions: sabei

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
well , It is easier to escape from a problem than to solve it ... 😆
lot of people can't live without wsp and fb,and i agree, that's a problem ...
that's why i suggested to use storage isolation
(you give an app just one folder to access instead of the whole SD)
and use mod like fouadmod for wsp and cleaned Friendly for Facebook ...

and for identity i don't think there is much you can do unless feed it fake info or create a new identity ...

and if you are a government target just destroy your phone and don't even think ...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
well , It is easier to escape from a problem than to solve it ... 😆
lot of people can't live without wsp and fb,and i agree, that's a problem ...
that's why i suggested to use storage isolation
(you give an app just one folder to access instead of the whole SD)
and use mod like fouadmod for wsp and cleaned Friendly for Facebook ...

and for identity i don't think there is much you can do unless feed it fake info or create a new identity ...

and if you are a government target just destroy your phone and don't even think ...
The problem with those social apps is two fold. All the personal data the user willingly supplies that can then be weaponized against them is the primary issue.
People shouldn't know everything you do and think.

These virtual trash apps have ruined many careers and lives. They are now a source of disinformation and are heavily censured unless you think "correctly". It is a means of controlling the masses by a few.
You're not the customer... you are the product.
Fk that $hit.

pnin

I've been using some (very few) mobilism apps for years without any ill effects. (y)

Even if you don't use FB yourself, that by itself doesn't exempt you from its tracking, as you'll notice if you follow the tip below.

If you're rooted, another way (which doesn't always work, sadly) would be to get OSS App Manager from F-Droid, see what trackers are there for any given app (you're clear if none are listed) and block some or all of them... YMMV.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I've been using some (very few) mobilism apps for years without any ill effects. (y)

Even if you don't use FB yourself, that by itself doesn't exempt you from its tracking, as you'll notice if you follow the tip below.

If you're rooted, another way (which doesn't always work, sadly) would be to get OSS App Manager from F-Droid, see what trackers are there for any given app (you're clear if none are listed) and block some or all some of them... YMMV.
If FB, Amazon etc is preinstalled either package block it or firewall block.
I prefer using Package Disabler to kill them although you can use ADB to do it.
I keep locations disabled unless I need maps which is rare. Helps battery life too.

Lol, FB is pure poison...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AFWall+ seems to block most stuff but I would never suggest it was bullet proof.
    what do you mean ? AFwall is not bullet proof ?

about trackers and stuff use this (source code + explanations) (Warden is not updated long time ago)
    (this app mgr is very powerful, so you better know what u r doing or make a bkp or both)

What about the apps described here https://realspyapps.com/phone-tracker/? How to protect your data from such spy apps? They can get all your data as I've understood. Is it possible to protect a phone from hacking and data theft?
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
    You have quoted an article written by someone selling spy apps...............hardly the most credible and has nothing to do with what I was referring to.