Xioami MI 5 boot loop data recovery, please help!

Search This thread

1b23tqw

Jun 4, 2020
Hello forum members, this is a plea for your help, I have no experience with forums like these so please excuse any mishandling of the forum, this is a time sensitive request.
The MI 5 that I have been using for 4 years has just gone into a boot loop, after powering down, I know I am close to the dumbest person on earth because of this but I stored basically all my passwords in the MI notes app. It just happened because of my laziness they just accumulated there and I never bothered to export them, because once I had put them there I'd just forget about it.
This phone had become basically unusable in terms of speed but I kept using it because of lack of funds.
I was just about to purchase a new phone when this one got stuck in a boot loop.
I originally purchased the device from aliexpress, I believe it is a chinese device in hardware with a global rom flashed on it by the seller.
I have tried flashing twrp onto it but to no avail because the device is locked in regards to flashing.
I have no idea what to do, the recovery menu has three options one is rebooting one is connecting to a pc using mi pc tools which I have tried but
the toolset doesn't even know that the phone is plugged in and the third is wiping all data which would be the opposite of what I need, I have thought about doing this
and then using a data recovery app or something but I don't even know where the mi notes are stored and if they are even stored somewhere that is readable and understandable to humans at all.
In passing I also wanted to mention that over the years that I used it the device has always emitted a sweet smell when it got hotter, has anyone else experienced this? Is it toxic?

If anyone knows how to help your assistance would be appreciated SO MUCH
Thanks for reading...

RVR

Recognized Contributor
Hello forum members, this is a plea for your help, I have no experience with forums like these so please excuse any mishandling of the forum, this is a time sensitive request.
The MI 5 that I have been using for 4 years has just gone into a boot loop, after powering down, I know I am close to the dumbest person on earth because of this but I stored basically all my passwords in the MI notes app. It just happened because of my laziness they just accumulated there and I never bothered to export them, because once I had put them there I'd just forget about it.
This phone had become basically unusable in terms of speed but I kept using it because of lack of funds.
I was just about to purchase a new phone when this one got stuck in a boot loop.
I originally purchased the device from aliexpress, I believe it is a chinese device in hardware with a global rom flashed on it by the seller.
I have tried flashing twrp onto it but to no avail because the device is locked in regards to flashing.
I have no idea what to do, the recovery menu has three options one is rebooting one is connecting to a pc using mi pc tools which I have tried but
the toolset doesn't even know that the phone is plugged in and the third is wiping all data which would be the opposite of what I need, I have thought about doing this
and then using a data recovery app or something but I don't even know where the mi notes are stored and if they are even stored somewhere that is readable and understandable to humans at all.
In passing I also wanted to mention that over the years that I used it the device has always emitted a sweet smell when it got hotter, has anyone else experienced this? Is it toxic?

If anyone knows how to help your assistance would be appreciated SO MUCH
Thanks for reading...
Hey there. This question may be better suited for the Mi 5 forum in the Q&A section. it will be easier for other users of the phone to help you.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5

Please go through this thread and see if it helps you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/help/stuck-fastboot-bootloader-locked-help-t3655536

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone