• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

XLOADER Checking tool (check xloader in update.zip BLA+ALP) + BLA-L29C432B147

Search This thread

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Update warning: if you are on a 02 xloader now (BLA-L29C432B146, B147, B148) do not flash B148-SP1, it's 01.
Same for ALP-L09C432B148-SP1

I would advice to not install BLA-L29C432B147.
It has the same XLOADER changes as the other ones for C636 that bricks your device if you update/downgrade/rebrand from the affected firmware.
Meaning you won't brick if you install B147, but will (most likely) when you update/downgrade/rebrand from it.

Edit:
It's confirmed that you can go 02 XLOADER to 02 XLOADER (C432B147 and the new C432B146 use 02 XLOADER), but not back (B145 uses 01 XLOADER).
So no more downgrading to a 01 XLOADER.

XLOADER checking tool:
Here's a tool to check XLOADER 01 or 02. You can use it to check xloader of any firmware, Mate 10/Pro. It should work for other models too that has 01/02 on those offsets but for Mate 9 it has 00.
https://mega.nz/#!If5VRBTZ!vH4bCsujUhbKEbxT3_pfxm8jR-UsCbezIA5b8in5F6w

Extract, put update.zip in 'check' folder, run check.bat. Wait for output.
Using FullOTA Update.zip takes a while as it has to extract the full update.app.
If it reports errors make sure the path to the script is not over 200 characters and that it doesn't contain spaces. Best is to extract directly to C:

If you are rooted can also dump your own xloader if you want to see what you're currently on.
Download Terminal Emulator from the play store and open it
Type the following
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/sda of=/sdcard/xloader.img
You can now transfer /sdcard/xloader.img to your computer and check it manually using, for example, HxD.
The first affected offset is at 1A8, its either 01 or 02.

Using Mankindtws HWOTA cygwin folder/repack script as base.
Using Splitupdate perl script https://github.com/marcominetti/split_updata.pl/tree/f5f415262be3487de28321b49dcb69d947897bf1
Using Perl2exe so you don't have to install perl.
Using xxd line by @Atarii

Last edited:

grossvs

Oct 25, 2017
I install b147 and then downgrade to b145. Now i can throw my phone to trash :)
No reaction for fastboot, download mode, adb wont see the phone.
When i connect to usb its only voice and nothing happends.
Is there a way to turn back phone to live?

Reactions: badmania98

0alfred0

Jan 24, 2018
Berlin
If the firmware isn't listed on funkyhuawei I'd always be suspicious why... I don't have any credits but if they provide it it is tested and safe...always good to look out for

jeremy08330

Jan 5, 2009
Hello,

I also made this update yesterday ... (HWOTA8)
so if I understood everything correctly, when will I update with the next my mate 10Pro will be brick?
Even through the HWOTA8 method

Luinwethion

Mar 17, 2010
Delft
oh f*ck... i've already update -.- if next update will break my mate, it's finish for huawei, i can't stand with paranoid for every single f*cking update

That why don't recommend other form of uodsting other than waiting for the OTA.

It's widely known that some builds never get signed because it contains bugs or because it was never meant to be released.... So you update at your own risk.

Reactions: 0alfred0

0alfred0

Jan 24, 2018
Berlin
oh f*ck... i've already update -.- if next update will break my mate, it's finish for huawei, i can't stand with paranoid for every single f*cking update

That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time bro. You mess around with your phone not knowing the risks and messed up. Now you try make someone else responsible for it. That is a bad personal characteristic.

You better off selling it now on eBay and **** someone else over for your mistake. Lol

I understand why Huawei is trying to disable bootloader unlocking. People like this guy probably message them every day and tell bad things about their phones when it is their own fault.

Reactions: ghostofcain

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
I updated to 147 too. If I try to downgrade I will brick the phone. What if I wait and try to update to the next firmware, after 147? I have to wait.

Le. What happen if I try to write the same 147? Brick also?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update warning: if you are on a 02 xloader now (BLA-L29C432B146, B147, B148) do not flash B148-SP1, it's 01.
    Same for ALP-L09C432B148-SP1

I would advice to not install BLA-L29C432B147.
    It has the same XLOADER changes as the other ones for C636 that bricks your device if you update/downgrade/rebrand from the affected firmware.
    Meaning you won't brick if you install B147, but will (most likely) when you update/downgrade/rebrand from it.

Edit:
    It's confirmed that you can go 02 XLOADER to 02 XLOADER (C432B147 and the new C432B146 use 02 XLOADER), but not back (B145 uses 01 XLOADER).
    So no more downgrading to a 01 XLOADER.

XLOADER checking tool:
    Here's a tool to check XLOADER 01 or 02. You can use it to check xloader of any firmware, Mate 10/Pro. It should work for other models too that has 01/02 on those offsets but for Mate 9 it has 00.

Using FullOTA Update.zip takes a while as it has to extract the full update.app.
    If it reports errors make sure the path to the script is not over 200 characters and that it doesn't contain spaces. Best is to extract directly to C:

If you are rooted can also dump your own xloader if you want to see what you're currently on.
    Download Terminal Emulator from the play store and open it
    Type the following
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/sda of=/sdcard/xloader.img
    You can now transfer /sdcard/xloader.img to your computer and check it manually using, for example, HxD.
    The first affected offset is at 1A8, its either 01 or 02.

Using Mankindtws HWOTA cygwin folder/repack script as base.
    Using Splitupdate perl script https://github.com/marcominetti/split_updata.pl/tree/f5f415262be3487de28321b49dcb69d947897bf1
    Using Perl2exe so you don't have to install perl.
    Using xxd line by @Atarii
    Here's a tool to check XLOADER 01 or 02.

Used Mankindtws HWOTA cygwin folder/repack script as base.
    Used Splitupdate perl script https://github.com/marcominetti/split_updata.pl/tree/f5f415262be3487de28321b49dcb69d947897bf1
    Used Perl2exe so you don't have to install perl.
    Used xxd line by @Atarii
    I updated to 147 too. If I try to downgrade I will brick the phone. What if I wait and try to update to the next firmware, after 147? I have to wait.

Le. What happen if I try to write the same 147? Brick also?
    If our theory (mine and ante0) is correct and nothing else changed from the previous brick situation, if you update, downgrade or rebrand from B147, then you will most likely brick.
    And seriously guys, me and ante0 warned people and discussed about bricking and even provided a valid way to check before flashing,but it looks like some of you doesn't care about... and these are the results.
    I have to admit that I skipped the valid way to check before flashing. Even the part with hex editor and xloader.img I don't understand very well. Could you be more specific. Thanks.
    That part, regarding the xloader.img is the key, the only way to check if a firmware's xloader.img has the same offset as the ones that were confirmed as "bricking firmwares".
    And it is very easy to do it, just download the firmware, extract the xloader.img from update.app,open it with a hex editor and check/search for the offsets that ante0 provided.
    Better spend a few minutes to do that than compromising your device.
    it is well known to anyone that has read through these threads that manually updating has become a huge risk in recent weeks. manually updating in this way is a form of hacking and you should expect negative effects if you are going to do so. i really want to update my device, but haven't done so because i took heed of the warnings of other people.

be patient and enjoy the features your device already has.